Earl Grey

Artificial, Ash, Bergamot, Bitter, Black Pepper, Earl Grey, Olive Oil, Rose, Tea, Flowers, Sweet
Edit tea info Last updated by Mike Templeton

From Bigelow

A really fine cup of tea is one of life’s true pleasures. We heartily recommend Earl Grey for the enjoyment it will bring to your tea drinking. This delicately scented, aristocratic blend is an international favorite.

About Bigelow View company

This is what I call a Mid level Earl Grey…. not my favorite but will do. This steeps pretty quickly, and dark. I didn’t like how I could taste the paper after steeping.

Ordered a London Fog at lunch today and this was the tea that was used. It made for a delicious London Fog. No complaints!

Flavors: Bergamot

This is a great earl grey for the inexpensive price. I love the strong bergamot. It’s a wonderfully fragrant blend. The flavor is expected and fine for an earl grey.

Flavors: Bergamot

Okay, pretty much the same as last time and did not finish a cup.

Backlog. Had this one yesterday early evening, after a LONG day at the zoo, in which we got completely drenched in a summer shower. So, after getting home and getting in some dry clothes, I reached for what I hoped would be a comforting pick-me-up. This tea, while not the tastiest Earl Grey I’ve ever had, certainly did the job. There was a hint of vanilla somewhere in there, though there shouldn’t have been, but it made it interesting nonetheless. I would drink this tea again, but won’t buy it to have in stock.

205 °F / 96 °C 2 min, 45 sec 1 tsp

Eating breakfast at the restaurant in our hotel. They gave us a choice of tea bags and this one looked the best. I’ve had it before just never reviewed it. Bigelow has some good teas, not great mind you, just good. This tea is a good balance of flavors. Really doesn’t need anything added but a touch of honey or milk doesn’t hurt.

ashmanra

I agree! Good tea when you are away from your tea things. They had it at the cancer center and I got to try several different ones. Not bad.

If you like an Earl Grey that is light on the flavoring and comes in a teabag, this is a pretty good one to go with. Not much bitterness, not a ton of overpowering bergamot aroma or flavor. But not a lot to write home about, either.

I never used to like earl grey, but I think I’ve changed my mind. I’ve started to like it with milk and sugar. I had this with french vanilla creamer and milk while running the first session of my tabletop game. It was pleasant, but maybe just a tiny bit more floral than I’d prefer. I don’t think I really care for too much of a floral taste with black tea, and I wish it had been just a touch more citrusy. I think I am realizing that I really like teas that have both a fruity and floral flavor, so I’ll have to look around for more like that.

Timid flavor but will suffice for a bag tea emergency ration when the loose leaf runs out.

Flavors: Flowers, Sweet

1 tsp 4 OZ / 118 ML

Messy Monday morn
Stay to sip smooth, sweet succor
Gliding on the tongue