Earl Grey

Edit tea info Last updated by Mike Templeton

From Bigelow

A really fine cup of tea is one of life’s true pleasures. We heartily recommend Earl Grey for the enjoyment it will bring to your tea drinking. This delicately scented, aristocratic blend is an international favorite.

About Bigelow View company

I did not really like it was a weird flavor my mom gave it a 2 and I gave it a 3.You mite think it is good but I don’t. We put a slash of milk and sugar in it

Absolutely my favorite bagged Earl Grey tea, and that includes Taylor’s of Harrogate! Nice, rich black tea base, with the perfect amount of bergamot flavor, and at a good price. Oversteeping (more than 4 or 5 minutes) affects it, but not enough to ruin the taste. Wonderful, Wunderbar, Subarashii, Etc.

I grew up on this tea and it ruined me for almost any other bagged earl grey. The bergamot is strong with this one, do not think it can be twisted into a London Fog without a heavy dose of vanilla!

It is either this or Mighty Leaf in my house!

This was an enjoyable cup of tea for the price. The base, the bergamot…not strong enough for my liking. I find the Wegmans brand bagged to be a little stronger.

It was a comforting & light Earl, though. Definitely “Earl Grey Light”.

Getting ready to start a class, grey cells are waking up ;)

Bold flavor, as far as Earl Grey teas go. I usually cut mine with some half-n-half.

Not my favorite but still good quality. Extremely strong if you oversteep. Better iced than hot.

I suppose in general this is my “go-to” Tea brand. It is extremely reliable in terms of flavor and price. I find that Twinning bagged tea lacks the strength of flavor I began to crave after drinking Bigelow on a regular basis. Of course, I take my Bigelow Earl Grey with two tea bags, and a capful of lemon juice/one wedge.

I also developed a strange habit of eating the tea grinds after having finished the tea…so although this part of the review is probably meaningless to most, slightly lemon-soaked Earl Grey grinds/leaves is a taste I ususally cannot bear to go more than eighteen hours without. Because of this, I carry Lemon juice with me on the off chance I’m forced to buy tea from Starbucks – an institution that offers up Lemonade in lieu of Lemon juice.

Ah well. I enjoy bitter bitter tea, and if served up double bagged but in a regular mug, Bigelow Earl Grey does it 75 percent of the time.

Boiling 8 min or more

A classic Earl Gray, mom loves this one and always has a bag or two around. Strong flavor for a bagged tea. Nice citrus/bergamot flavor. Great aroma. Good for a morning pick-me-up. The K Cups are pretty good, too!
Careful not to steep this one too long or it gets bitter. 3.5-4 mins w/boiling water.