Earl Grey

Artificial, Ash, Bergamot, Bitter, Black Pepper, Earl Grey, Olive Oil, Rose, Tea, Flowers, Sweet
Edit tea info Last updated by Mike Templeton

From Bigelow

A really fine cup of tea is one of life’s true pleasures. We heartily recommend Earl Grey for the enjoyment it will bring to your tea drinking. This delicately scented, aristocratic blend is an international favorite.

About Bigelow View company

Not in love with this Earl Grey but my dad brought me a couple bags of this when he came over for coffee with my grandmother and I the other day. I like some of the Bigelow teas, but I definitely want to try more brands.

I actually used to hate Earl Grey because I always thought it smelled like anise. A mother whose child I tutored used to bring me Earl Grey every morning regardless of the fact that I never drank it. I finally drank it one morning when I was sick, and I think I’ve sort of associated it with soothing every since then. I forgot about it for a long time after that. It wasn’t until about a month ago that I got tea one night when I wasn’t feeling well and this was my only option. After reading the package and finding that there wasn’t any anise in it, I had to look up what bergamot is to see if that was what the smell comes from. I still don’t smell or taste citrus when I drink this even though that is what bergamot is. Anyway, I have been craving it so much lately and drinking it often.

This is an absolute middle-of-the-road Earl Grey. It’s not bad, but it isn’t particularly fantastic either. The sachet boasts of hand-picked tea leaves and real bergamot imported from Italy, but it actually tastes less authentic than Twinings, which lists “bergamot flavoring” as an ingredient rather than actual bergamot.

The bag smells nice, but I’ve been fooled by some very nice-smelling bags before. The problem here is that the nice aroma from the bag really doesn’t show in the cup. If you steep it for too long, it gets bitter, and if you steep it for a reasonable amount of time, the flavor is weak. At best, this tea will remind you that you enjoy drinking higher quality Earl Greys, but I assume it would suffice in a pinch.

Absolutely devastated that both David Bowie and Alan Rickman have passed… Same age, same cause, within days of one another.

Opted to have tea this morning instead of coffee in honor of these fine British gents. Made it with skim milk and tried not to cry. :(

It’s a perfectly serviceable bagged EG.

For a relatively cheap tea, this tea is surprisingly good! When I first tried it, I was not happy with it whatsoever. But, once I tried it again, it really is pretty good!

If you’re looking for a cheap, reliable, smooth earl grey that’s found at almost any store in the country, Bigelow Earl Grey is a good choice!

Also, it uses real oil of bergamot, which a lot of cheap teas do not! I am greatly impressed with it!

All in all, if you don’t have a box of it, give it a try.

I expressed interest in this one after trying some other Bigelow teas and mom surprised me with it one day. I don’t exactly need more EGs, but I always appreciate them.

This one is pretty decent. The bergamot in it is actually perfect, just the right amount and intensity of fruit for my taste. The tea itself is bright, just a little astringent, and very nice for bagged. I wish it had a little more kick to it, because the aftertaste is slightly watery, but it’s still surprisingly good. I don’t think I touched this company until this year but I’m impressed by their consistency. Everything I’ve tried so far I would drink again.

I was a little surprised by the shortness of the recommended steep, but I’ve followed it nonetheless. I can taste the bergamot — I’m guessing it’s short so as not to let it be too overpowering? But I feel like I’m missing something — it’s almost more flowery than citrusy or tea-y, and… yeah. it’s not bad, but it’s not doing it for me.

I had a cup of this filter bag Earl Grey today after a lovely lunch at the Center for European Studies, where I was catching up with a former colleague. The tea was fine. I drank it with two of those small plastic containers of half and half, so it was more like an Earl Grey latte than a cup of tea, but it was just fine. No complaints: a simple and quick cup of tea for the road. It might have tasted a bit better because of the antarctic weather…

Recently made the switch from coffee. It’s not that I’ve never had tea….just never drank it on a regular basis until now. We have the Bigelow Earl Grey K-Cups at work and I decided to give it a try. I’ve had many different kinds of tea before but never an Earl Grey. But I figured, if it’s good enough for Picard it’s good enough for me! I was pleasantly surprised to a bold earthy flavor that made the transition from coffee seem effortless. I’ve had this tea in bags as well and it has the same, now familiar, soothing taste. I look forward to delving deeper into the world of tea and I will always credit this Earl Grey for giving me a push in the right direction.

This is my go-to tea when I’m not feeling well. I really like it with sugar or honey to sweeten. It does wonders to soothe a sore throat. :) Enjoy!

Brewed it at about 150F for about 15 Minuets, I used 4 bags for 34 OZ of water, Honey added. With 4 bag’s you can get a nice bit of bergamot, very fragrant, a faint hint of orange-vanilla? Very strong when brewed this long I loved it for that.

150 °F / 65 °C 8 min or more