Earl Grey

Edit tea info Last updated by Mike Templeton

From Bigelow

A really fine cup of tea is one of life’s true pleasures. We heartily recommend Earl Grey for the enjoyment it will bring to your tea drinking. This delicately scented, aristocratic blend is an international favorite.

About Bigelow View company

A classic Earl Gray, mom loves this one and always has a bag or two around. Strong flavor for a bagged tea. Nice citrus/bergamot flavor. Great aroma. Good for a morning pick-me-up. The K Cups are pretty good, too!
Careful not to steep this one too long or it gets bitter. 3.5-4 mins w/boiling water.

I’ve always found this tea to be rather bland and boring. I’m not really a fan of Bigelow teas in general, I find most of them to be on the weak side. It will do in a pinch when I’m traveling, I find it at most of the hotels I stay at, but I generally double up on the bags to get enough flavor for it to be drinkable.

Got to a late start this morning before my typography class.
Stuck with Bigelow this morning from the cafeteria. Tasted alright with some half and half and sugar. Still nothing special and it kind of had a sour taste near the finish. Eww.

Pretty much just what you’d expect; standard earl grey in a tea bag!

Boiling 8 min or more

Unsteeped, this tea smells a little off. Bergamot is there of course but it smells of chemicals somehow. Once steeped, the smell improves but the flavor is just average. It’s smooth in the mouth. I like it with a teaspoon of sugar.

Being one of my favorites,Earl Grey has such robust flavor;even for a black tea. I recommend having a cup of the Bigelow brand to start your day,drop 2-3 teaspoons of sugar and you’re good to go.

This is the black tea I keep on hand for convenience, nostalgia, and personal enjoyment. I like the bergamot in this because it isn’t too floral, but it’s strong enough that I really notice it when drinking. I prefer this with a splash of milk. Lovely in the morning. Mother used to drink this.

My default tea when I cant decide what I want. Its just the best cup of Earl Grey I’ve ever had. I keep trying new ones but this is still my number one.

190 °F / 87 °C 8 min or more

This is the tea that started my infatuation with tea in the first place and earl grey in general. I have recently begun to try and taste as many different variations of earl grey. But Bigelow earl grey has just the right amount bergamot oil. I steep it for a little bit longer than the recomended time becasue its so much more flavorful, if understeeped it tastes to much like water with a hint citrus but around a 5 min steep gives it the perfect taste. Strong and somewhat bitter but thats what I love about it. Love this earl grey with a bit of milk and honey or most of the time just straight.

This is probably one of the only teas by this company I wasn’t disappointed in. I haven’t tried many brands of Earl Grey, so I did enjoy this one and don’t really have any others to compare to.