Earl Grey

Flowers, Sweet
Edit tea info Last updated by Mike Templeton

From Bigelow

A really fine cup of tea is one of life’s true pleasures. We heartily recommend Earl Grey for the enjoyment it will bring to your tea drinking. This delicately scented, aristocratic blend is an international favorite.

About Bigelow View company

Not my favorite but still good quality. Extremely strong if you oversteep. Better iced than hot.

I suppose in general this is my “go-to” Tea brand. It is extremely reliable in terms of flavor and price. I find that Twinning bagged tea lacks the strength of flavor I began to crave after drinking Bigelow on a regular basis. Of course, I take my Bigelow Earl Grey with two tea bags, and a capful of lemon juice/one wedge.

I also developed a strange habit of eating the tea grinds after having finished the tea…so although this part of the review is probably meaningless to most, slightly lemon-soaked Earl Grey grinds/leaves is a taste I ususally cannot bear to go more than eighteen hours without. Because of this, I carry Lemon juice with me on the off chance I’m forced to buy tea from Starbucks – an institution that offers up Lemonade in lieu of Lemon juice.

Ah well. I enjoy bitter bitter tea, and if served up double bagged but in a regular mug, Bigelow Earl Grey does it 75 percent of the time.

Boiling 8 min or more

A classic Earl Gray, mom loves this one and always has a bag or two around. Strong flavor for a bagged tea. Nice citrus/bergamot flavor. Great aroma. Good for a morning pick-me-up. The K Cups are pretty good, too!
Careful not to steep this one too long or it gets bitter. 3.5-4 mins w/boiling water.

1940 tasting notes

I’ve always found this tea to be rather bland and boring. I’m not really a fan of Bigelow teas in general, I find most of them to be on the weak side. It will do in a pinch when I’m traveling, I find it at most of the hotels I stay at, but I generally double up on the bags to get enough flavor for it to be drinkable.

Got to a late start this morning before my typography class.
Stuck with Bigelow this morning from the cafeteria. Tasted alright with some half and half and sugar. Still nothing special and it kind of had a sour taste near the finish. Eww.

Pretty much just what you’d expect; standard earl grey in a tea bag!

Boiling 8 min or more

Unsteeped, this tea smells a little off. Bergamot is there of course but it smells of chemicals somehow. Once steeped, the smell improves but the flavor is just average. It’s smooth in the mouth. I like it with a teaspoon of sugar.

Being one of my favorites,Earl Grey has such robust flavor;even for a black tea. I recommend having a cup of the Bigelow brand to start your day,drop 2-3 teaspoons of sugar and you’re good to go.

This is the black tea I keep on hand for convenience, nostalgia, and personal enjoyment. I like the bergamot in this because it isn’t too floral, but it’s strong enough that I really notice it when drinking. I prefer this with a splash of milk. Lovely in the morning. Mother used to drink this.