Earl Grey

Bergamot, Artificial, Ash, Bitter, Black Pepper, Earl Grey, Olive Oil, Rose, Tea, Flowers, Sweet
Edit tea info Last updated by Mike Templeton

From Bigelow

A really fine cup of tea is one of life’s true pleasures. We heartily recommend Earl Grey for the enjoyment it will bring to your tea drinking. This delicately scented, aristocratic blend is an international favorite.

About Bigelow View company

Bold flavor, as far as Earl Grey teas go. I usually cut mine with some half-n-half.

Not my favorite but still good quality. Extremely strong if you oversteep. Better iced than hot.

I suppose in general this is my “go-to” Tea brand. It is extremely reliable in terms of flavor and price. I find that Twinning bagged tea lacks the strength of flavor I began to crave after drinking Bigelow on a regular basis. Of course, I take my Bigelow Earl Grey with two tea bags, and a capful of lemon juice/one wedge.

I also developed a strange habit of eating the tea grinds after having finished the tea…so although this part of the review is probably meaningless to most, slightly lemon-soaked Earl Grey grinds/leaves is a taste I ususally cannot bear to go more than eighteen hours without. Because of this, I carry Lemon juice with me on the off chance I’m forced to buy tea from Starbucks – an institution that offers up Lemonade in lieu of Lemon juice.

Ah well. I enjoy bitter bitter tea, and if served up double bagged but in a regular mug, Bigelow Earl Grey does it 75 percent of the time.

Boiling 8 min or more

A classic Earl Gray, mom loves this one and always has a bag or two around. Strong flavor for a bagged tea. Nice citrus/bergamot flavor. Great aroma. Good for a morning pick-me-up. The K Cups are pretty good, too!
Careful not to steep this one too long or it gets bitter. 3.5-4 mins w/boiling water.

I’ve always found this tea to be rather bland and boring. I’m not really a fan of Bigelow teas in general, I find most of them to be on the weak side. It will do in a pinch when I’m traveling, I find it at most of the hotels I stay at, but I generally double up on the bags to get enough flavor for it to be drinkable.

Got to a late start this morning before my typography class.
Stuck with Bigelow this morning from the cafeteria. Tasted alright with some half and half and sugar. Still nothing special and it kind of had a sour taste near the finish. Eww.

Did I think it would taste good? No.

Did it taste good? No.

Kind of drinkable with a bit of cream. I taste crummy, earthy black tea. Not astringent, perhaps just because the water from the hotel wasn’t boiled – cooler than that for sure. Not a whole lot going on. I can see the Bergamot oil on the surface, but I can’t taste much of it. Used two teabags in a ~16oz thermos.

Why did I drink this? Shut up, I’m roughing it in a hotel. ;)

Hoálatha

You poor thing! Bring travel gongfu next time!

Matu

Oh, I was when I was traveling for weeks/months at a time, but this was just a 4-night stay. Didn’t feel like packing it all up. I definitely brought some good tea to Western, but saw these and got morbidly curious :D

I do need to make a nicely compact travel gongfu kit though.

Pretty much just what you’d expect; standard earl grey in a tea bag!

Boiling 8 min or more

Unsteeped, this tea smells a little off. Bergamot is there of course but it smells of chemicals somehow. Once steeped, the smell improves but the flavor is just average. It’s smooth in the mouth. I like it with a teaspoon of sugar.