Earl Grey

Flowers, Sweet
Edit tea info Last updated by Mike Templeton

From Bigelow

A really fine cup of tea is one of life’s true pleasures. We heartily recommend Earl Grey for the enjoyment it will bring to your tea drinking. This delicately scented, aristocratic blend is an international favorite.

About Bigelow View company

My default tea when I cant decide what I want. Its just the best cup of Earl Grey I’ve ever had. I keep trying new ones but this is still my number one.

190 °F / 87 °C 8 min or more

This is the tea that started my infatuation with tea in the first place and earl grey in general. I have recently begun to try and taste as many different variations of earl grey. But Bigelow earl grey has just the right amount bergamot oil. I steep it for a little bit longer than the recomended time becasue its so much more flavorful, if understeeped it tastes to much like water with a hint citrus but around a 5 min steep gives it the perfect taste. Strong and somewhat bitter but thats what I love about it. Love this earl grey with a bit of milk and honey or most of the time just straight.

This is probably one of the only teas by this company I wasn’t disappointed in. I haven’t tried many brands of Earl Grey, so I did enjoy this one and don’t really have any others to compare to.

Nice bergamot flavor. The smell is a bit disconcerting when you first pull the bag out of its packaging; it has a very strong, overwhelming odor. A quick steep in boiling water mellows it considerably, though. I can still stand to drink it if it is steeped longer than one minute, but I would not recommend it as ideal. It tends to get a tad bitter when over-steeped. Nice Earl Grey if you don’t want to go through a specialty store or can’t be bothered with the fuss of loose-leaf tea.

I woke up too late yesterday morning, so I didn’t have time to brew a proper cup of tea at home. So my alternative? This, in a paper cup from the bakery next door from work.
Not a bad cup of Earl Grey, but let’s be honest, nothing tastes good in a paper to go cup.

This tea for me was absolutely disgusting. Had to pour it out after the second drink. It had a nice scent and initially an ok flavor but the bergamot in this brand seemed to leave a soap like aftertaste almost as if i had bitten into an ivory bar. Needless to say I will not try this tea again

Very good bag Earl Grey. More flavor and nicer citrus note than Twinings version.

This is my favorite stand-by Earl Grey tea. It’s the one that made me realize I love Earl Grey. It’s also more forgiving on steep time than most, but will eventually get bitter as black teas do.

I’ve noticed that sometimes it has stronger notes of black pepper than bergamot; not sure if that is due to variation in the tea bags, or something to do with whatever I’m consuming with it.

It’s not the most flavorful or complex Earl Grey out there but in a pinch, it will do. More of a citrusy Earl Grey with very little of the flowerly undertones you find in some blends.