Earl Grey

Edit tea info Last updated by Mike Templeton

From Bigelow

A really fine cup of tea is one of life’s true pleasures. We heartily recommend Earl Grey for the enjoyment it will bring to your tea drinking. This delicately scented, aristocratic blend is an international favorite.

About Bigelow View company

I woke up too late yesterday morning, so I didn’t have time to brew a proper cup of tea at home. So my alternative? This, in a paper cup from the bakery next door from work.
Not a bad cup of Earl Grey, but let’s be honest, nothing tastes good in a paper to go cup.

This tea for me was absolutely disgusting. Had to pour it out after the second drink. It had a nice scent and initially an ok flavor but the bergamot in this brand seemed to leave a soap like aftertaste almost as if i had bitten into an ivory bar. Needless to say I will not try this tea again

Very good bag Earl Grey. More flavor and nicer citrus note than Twinings version.

This is my favorite stand-by Earl Grey tea. It’s the one that made me realize I love Earl Grey. It’s also more forgiving on steep time than most, but will eventually get bitter as black teas do.

I’ve noticed that sometimes it has stronger notes of black pepper than bergamot; not sure if that is due to variation in the tea bags, or something to do with whatever I’m consuming with it.

It’s not the most flavorful or complex Earl Grey out there but in a pinch, it will do. More of a citrusy Earl Grey with very little of the flowerly undertones you find in some blends.

This is what we have at work. Good enough for a midday tea. Strong on the bergamot, but I really like that about it. This is what got me hooked on Earl Greys.

I’m kind of new to Earl Grey, but so far, this is my least favorite of the three I’ve tried. I like Tazo Earl Grey better. This one seems pretty lacking in bergamot.

Enjoyable version of Earl Grey. Level of bergamot seems about right.