Eggnogg'n Tea

Black Green Blend
Honey
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

• “Used to be I'd have to drive clear across the state (or at least a good way out of town) to find this fun and frolicky holiday-season-only tea. Couple of places have it locally now and I'm tickled...” Read full tasting note
    gmathis 1631 tasting notes
  • “So much good stuff today. 1. I got to see my grandparents and cousins 2. My verdant tea of the month came in 3. And the world didn't explode!f YAYYYY!!! So when I was at the store I noticed...” Read full tasting note
    Ze_Tea4 119 tasting notes
  • “I have so many awesome loose leaf teas and yet for some reason all I could think about was the two teabags of this sitting in my box of swaps. I finally gave in and when I opened the package all I...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 1374 tasting notes
  • “I went to pick up some cream soda from the drugstore, and lo and behold they had a display of the Bigelow seasonal teas! Personally, I like bagged tea. Loose leaf is superior in almost every way...” Read full tasting note
    Alphakitty 470 tasting notes

From Bigelow

An “Eggceptional” Tea. Now you can indulge in the delicious taste of “eggnog” often – without the guilt! Bigelow’s All Natural Eggnogg’n® Tea is a smooth and delicious blend of black and green teas with creamy flavor of eggnog. Only Bigelow could pack all this taste into one tea bag. When you need a little pick me up, brew yourself a cup.

About Bigelow View company

Used to be I’d have to drive clear across the state (or at least a good way out of town) to find this fun and frolicky holiday-season-only tea. Couple of places have it locally now and I’m tickled to death.

There are other vanilla/cinnamon teas that may come kinda-sorta close to this one (thinking about Trader Joe’s with the little lemur on the box) but this is my absolute favorite when it comes to accurately catching the egg-sence of eggnog.

Straight up at my desk, but infinitely better with a dollop of evaporated milk.

So much good stuff today.
1. I got to see my grandparents and cousins
2. My verdant tea of the month came in
3. And the world didn’t explode!f YAYYYY!!!

So when I was at the store I noticed that they had just two more boxes left of this, so I bought them. That means I currently have 3 boxes unopened of this flavor….. totally not hording or stocking up on this flavor. (B^>)

Made some of this for me and my brother. I FINALLY FOUND A TEA HE LIKES!!! MUAHAHAHHA!!!! We were going to watch some anime, but he started to play LOL…. ugh

At least it has FINALLY got’n cold here. It is kinda nice for a change; plus I can wear my leathers more comfortably too.

gmathis

Stockpiling. So that’s where all of the boxes are going ;)

I have so many awesome loose leaf teas and yet for some reason all I could think about was the two teabags of this sitting in my box of swaps. I finally gave in and when I opened the package all I could smell was a scent I could only describe as eggnog. Tbh, I could be completely wrong as the last time I had eggnog was like 4 years ago and I hated it but something about this tea just appealed to me.

Now I am not sure if it is the smell that is so strong or it is actually the taste but this tea is eggy for sure, in a good way. There is a creaminess to it and a hint of cinnamon spice. All made better by a delicious vanilla sweetness. This tea is exactly what I expected. I have one more tea bag left and then I will simply need to wait until next Christmas and go in search of it in stores. Thank you Eve for sharing!!

Yvonne

I’ve personally never had anything eggnog flavoured that I can call a favourite…but this looks really interesting!

VariaTEA

The one time I had eggnog I hated it. This, on the other hand, is quite tasty. Maybe I am just more open to it because it is tea and I love tea. Haha.

I went to pick up some cream soda from the drugstore, and lo and behold they had a display of the Bigelow seasonal teas! Personally, I like bagged tea. Loose leaf is superior in almost every way but sometimes you just want it to be really simple. And when I’m sick/busy/lazy, bagged tea is what I turn to. So I’ve been on the hunt for these and the Celestial Seasonings ones as well! Oh and the Stash White Christmas if I find it laying around.

This smells SO strongly of eggnog! One of my favorite holiday treats, bu the dairy does make me a bit nauseous. So I love tea substitutes! With milk and sugar this has a really strong eggnog flavor and a mild black tea taste. Super delicious! Without additions it’s not really very strong tasting, but with them it’s great. Like a creamy chai. I think I’ll have no trouble blowing through a box of these this holiday season. Now to find Candy Cane Lane!

gmathis

A favorite of mine, too. Bigelow and Twinings are good, reliable stand-by bagged brands. Allowing for the occasional “that’s just not my flavor” I have found few of either company that I didn’t think was good.

gmathis

…and cream soda! Yum! Haven’t had that in ages!

Alphakitty

Twinnings is definitely my go-to bagged tea company, I adore their Lady Grey and their Lemon & Ginger and Peppermint I absolutely can’t live without when I am sick!

Lynxiebrat

Mmmm Drat…for days been missing A&W’s Cream Soda, the only cream soda that I’ve gotten addicted to. (Well ok I did like New York Seltzer’s Cream Soda alot too.)

YESSSSS, I found this at a local store for the first time ever! Bought 5 boxes (and considering going back for more since it was on sale, which I didn’t know when I was at the register). SO EXCITED. ahem Anyway, this tea is just as excellent as it was the last time I had it, so there’s not much else to add. Ignore me, I’ll just continue squeeing in the corner!

Thanks Alphakitty
I just might be the last person on steepster to try this.

I’m not really a fan of Eggnog. Never really have been. But I will say – this aroma is – SPOT ON! You can’t get any closer than this!

It says it’s a black and green combo/blend base…I can taste more of the green than the black. I can taste a WHOLE LOT OF CREAMY and it’s much like Eggnog. I will also say that it’s a highly flavored bagged tea – it surprises me actually.

As it cools a bit it smells more like butterscotch. It’s pleasant enough. The flavor and aroma is what you would expect with a name like this. I’m not overly fond of the aftertaste but I can’t say much bad about the over all flavored bagged tea experience.

I’m sure glad I got to try this! Thanks again, Alphakitty!

Mmmmmmm mmmmmmmm mmmmmmm! I got this one when I visited my dad in Huntington Beach. I’ve had a few times now but yesterday I steeping it in warm milk for work and oh man! This is great!!!!! It’s super creamy and naturally sweet! The spices are all there. This does have a hint of white chocolate flavor. This is also good as a latte but this is definitely my preferred preparation. All frothy and steamy and a dash of cinnamon on top, creamy goodness! Deeee liccccc ousssss!

teamore

Oooh. I had no idea this existed. I’ll keep an eye out for it. Love Eggnogg anything :)

Tea #6 from the ’Here’s Hoping’ teabox.

Moment of truth… I don’t like eggnog. Never have. For some strange reason, however, I am very curious about eggnog flavored teas. Maybe it’s my love of vanilla, or maybe it’s the spices, but for whatever reason anytime I can get my hands on a tea that taste like eggnog I have to try it.

This tea definitely smells like eggnog. Lots of sweetness and spice right out of the package. After it steeps the smell reminds me a lot of vanilla chai. The taste is vanilla with a hint of spice and a creaminess that surprised me. I thought I would need to add milk, but I think the tea is good on its own (well, I did add a bit of sugar). I wish the spices were stronger, but even with less spice this is one of the better eggnog teas I have tried. I’ll have to remember to look for it in the store next Christmas.

I was seeing many reviews for this one from you Steepsterers lately, so I thought I’d dig out one of a couple bags I have around! I haven’t reviewed it somehow! Or had it in a while… It seemed like a good pairing with some pumpkin pie…. my midnight snack. It’s just as good as I remember it and one of my favorite bagged teas. It seems like a combination of Celestial Seasonings Nutcracker Sweet and Sugar Cookie Sleigh Ride — another two favorite bagged teas and my favorites from CS. The steep color is dark. It is creamy! The scent is sweet but it smells sweeter than it tastes. I don’t think splenda is in here to ruin it. GOOD. There is only a slight eggnog flavor (but maybe this teabag is older?) but the rest of the tea doesn’t disappoint, so I don’t think its a big deal. The blend of black and green teas is perfect for not overpowering the flavor. I think that was why they combined the two. I love having only a few cups at the most of so many different teas, that way if I only drink a tea once in a while the rest of it doesn’t go to waste. I’d much rather have more teas in smaller quantities! One bag of this left…

-Standard teabag.
-Teabag smells strongly of sugar. Tea liquor smells sugary with a hint of cinnamon.
-Tea liquor is a dark bronze color.
-Creamy eggnog flavor with a subtle cinnamon finish.
-Best with milk and sweetener.
-Very good tea. Creamy and flavorful. Perfect on a cold winter day.

Bigelow Tea

Thanks so much for your review of the Eggnogg’n Tea, very pleased to hear you found it so enjoyable
Kathy for Bigelow Tea