Eggnogg'n Tea

Black Green Blend
Cream, Grain, Honey
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

• “Used to be I'd have to drive clear across the state (or at least a good way out of town) to find this fun and frolicky holiday-season-only tea. Couple of places have it locally now and I'm tickled...” Read full tasting note
    gmathis 1736 tasting notes
  • “So much good stuff today. 1. I got to see my grandparents and cousins 2. My verdant tea of the month came in 3. And the world didn't explode!f YAYYYY!!! So when I was at the store I noticed...” Read full tasting note
    Ze_Tea4 119 tasting notes
  • “I have so many awesome loose leaf teas and yet for some reason all I could think about was the two teabags of this sitting in my box of swaps. I finally gave in and when I opened the package all I...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 1962 tasting notes
  • “I went to pick up some cream soda from the drugstore, and lo and behold they had a display of the Bigelow seasonal teas! Personally, I like bagged tea. Loose leaf is superior in almost every way...” Read full tasting note
    Alphakitty 470 tasting notes

From Bigelow

An “Eggceptional” Tea. Now you can indulge in the delicious taste of “eggnog” often – without the guilt! Bigelow’s All Natural Eggnogg’n® Tea is a smooth and delicious blend of black and green teas with creamy flavor of eggnog. Only Bigelow could pack all this taste into one tea bag. When you need a little pick me up, brew yourself a cup.

About Bigelow View company

I’ve been looking for Eggnogg’n for over a month, and found one lonely, crushed box on the shelf at the store last night! Into my cart it went. This morning I was very excited to try it, but had low expectations because I tend to find fancy holiday teas like this disappointing. I’ve tried Pumpkin Spice and Apple Cider from Bigelow in the past, hated Pumpkin Spice and wasn’t fond of Apple Cider. Haven’t especially cared for any of the holiday teas from Celestial Seasonings, either. My love of tea and of holidays has made me forge on, however, and the good reviews for this tea (plus the odd flavor description- eggnog tea?) interested me.

On to the tea itself. The first thing I did when I tore the top off the tea bag’s wrapper was take a deep whiff. Whoa! This stuff smells strong! And not really in a good way. This spooked me a bit. Luckily, after letting the tea steep for 4 minutes (per the recommendation on the box), the tea itself smelled good. REALLY good. I used to occasionally make spiced oat pancakes and top them with a thin maple-vanilla cream cheese icing. The tea smells like that! I took a tiny taste and it tasted good! Even better when I added a bit of sweetener, a spash of milk, and let it cool down a little. I’m not completely sure this tastes like eggnog, which is fine with me because eggnog skeeves me out after more than a sip or two. What I do taste is cinnamon, vanilla, maple, nutmeg, and a little bit of creamy tang (like cream cheese frosting). The flavors are all extremely well balanced. It’s a very flavorful tea, but nothing is overwhelming. I LOVE cinnamon in baking and cooking, but usually think cinnamon in tea tastes different and is too strong. Not in this tea! This one gets 2 thumbs up from me and I really look forward to drinking it throughout the rest of the winter. Hopefully I can find another box, because it will be needed.

One of those teas that taste so much better sweetened and with milk/cream
Amazing with Egg Nog. This is the ultimate way to have a hot egg nog

Bigelow Tea

Sounds like a great way to enjoy this tea!! Thanks for sharing with us.
You should also try our Vanilla Chai, another flavor that when you add milk, tastes amazing!

Kathy for Bigelow Tea

My mother gifted us this fantastic seasonal tea that my husband and I absolutely love. We’re really disappointed that we can’t seem to find any inside Canada, but we’ll probably end up ordering some along with some of their other seasonal teas. The reason this gets such a high rating is because it’s NOT an herbal tea- it’s a mix between black and green, it’s dairy-free, good without any sugar or other additions, and that makes it plain awesome.

Bigelow Tea

So glad to hear you are enjoying your Eggnogg’n Tea…ask your local store if they would carry it for you and if not you can order from our website.

Happy New Year,

Valorie for Bigelow Tea

I love this tea in the evening. I always seem to reach for this one when my wife wants hot chocolate. I really don’t think it taste anything like egg nog, but that is not a negative (unless you want egg nog). I enjoy the mixture of black and green tea. It seems to make it a lighter tea that does not have a heavy finish. I think this one will replace my usual nutcracker tea by celestial seasonings until I find a loose tea to be my staple.

I put one teabag of this tea into a cup of milk and microwaved it for ~ 1 min 20 sec. With a bit of sugar, it’s a perfect nightcap! Made as regular tea, it has a light taste that’s somewhat creamy and smooth.

This is one of those holiday teas I found in a little mart after Christmas. Even though it sounded a little strange to me I was very pleased with the sweet, smell and dark, frothy brew. It contains both black and green tea, and surprisingly they did not mask it with the thick, vanilla flavor that is typically done to holiday teas. Overall this is a pleasant tea that I imagine would taste even better with a touch of milk on a snowy day.

not getting the eggnog flavor here. i still like the taste, but i was kinda hoping for more…

EDIT: Ok, so I dumped some eggnog in here and threw it in the microwave. Never thought I would try hot eggnog, but it’s good! I’m getting both tea and eggnog overtones here..quite nice!

Bigelow Tea

Great idea….thanks for sharing!

Valorie for Bigelow Tea

delicious creamy flavor, the black and green tea blends well with one another not making this too heavy. definitely wonderful for winter and probably even more splendid with a spash of cream or milk.

I feel like this tea is too strong for me to drink without diluting it with other varieties of teabags.

However, when mixing this with some regular tea bags, as well as some peach blends, I find that it works rather well.

Flavors: Cream, Grain