Black Herbal Blend
Ceylon Black Tea, Cornflower Petals, Flowers, Natural Flavours, Spearmint, Stevia Leaf, Vanilla
Candy, Cream, Herbaceous, Peppermint, Smooth, Sweet, Vanilla
Loose Leaf, Tea Bag
High
Edit tea info Last updated by Cameron B.

• “Thanks for selling a bit of this, Cameron B! I’m always in a try-all-the-B&B-teas mode and your sale CERTAINLY will help with that. I love me a good candy cane blend. This one is delicious. ...” Read full tasting note
  • “New Home! – 9:15 AM First tea in our new home! We closed yesterday and spent the night last night so we could be here for early morning fiber installation and appliance delivery appointments. Today...” Read full tasting note
  • “No notes for this one? It’s Christmas jumper day at work today, so I figured I might as well make it Christmas tea day also just to add an extra festive touch. I feel so far from Christmassy at the...” Read full tasting note

From Bird & Blend Tea Co.

Tongue tingling, Candy Cane mint tea!

Love hanging Candy Canes on your Christmas tree, then sneakily munching on them until Chrismas Eve? If so, you will love our Christmas Candy Cane tea blend with tongue tingling mint leaves + creamy vanilla.

Ceylon black tea, spearmint, vanilla, lime leaves, pink cornflowers, pomegranate flowers, stevia, natural flavouring

About Bird & Blend Tea Co. View company

Thanks for selling a bit of this, Cameron B! I’m always in a try-all-the-B&B-teas mode and your sale CERTAINLY will help with that. I love me a good candy cane blend. This one is delicious. All of the ingredients here, look smaller/finely chopped which means it might impart more flavor throughout the cup. It’s a festive looking blend with green and red colors on the black tea base. The flavor is surprisingly more herbaceous than I expect a candy cane tea to be. Plenty of mint, but then a nice creamy element is on the back sip. If you’re gonna call yourself a candy cane tea, you definitely need that creamy element. Somehow occasionally I’m tasting cantaloupe which is weird? This tea is stored great, so I have no idea where that note would be coming from. There was one sip where I could tell there was some stevia there. So with the stevia, this blend might not be the perfect candy cane tea. (I’m thinking stevia tastes bad rather quickly so I’m always worried about my stevia teas aging.) But I do like this one a lot: a crisp mint, yet creamy sweet blend.
Steep #1 // 1 teaspoon for a full mug // 20 minutes after boiling // 3 minute steep
Steep #2 // 4 minutes after boiling // 3 minute steep

New Home! – 9:15 AM

First tea in our new home! We closed yesterday and spent the night last night so we could be here for early morning fiber installation and appliance delivery appointments. Today we’ll begin moving our stuff! Yay!

This was one of the tea “ghosts” that B&B only offered for one day. This one is a ghost of Christmas past, meaning it’s a blend they used to carry that they brought back to sell for one day only this year. I ended up with a 150g pouch because by the time I woke up, those rascally Brits had bought up all of the 50g ones! No biggie though, I’m sure I can find other Steepsters to share it with.

I’m very happy with their decision to use peppermint flavoring instead of leaves for this tea. There are a few dried mint leaf pieces mixed in, but they’re actually spearmint, yay!

This is less intense than I expected it to me. It’s a somewhat soft peppermint flavor, and there’s a lovely big dollop of cream and vanilla in there with it. It reminds me quite a bit of their Peppermint Cream oolong tea, with a slightly different peppermint flavor. It’s very yummy – like peppermint white chocolate! The stevia must be very minimal, I don’t think I would know it was there if I hadn’t read the ingredients before drinking this.

So not at all disappointed in my 150g pouch! But I’ll still be willing to share the wealth, don’t worry!

Flavors: Candy, Cream, Herbaceous, Peppermint, Smooth, Sweet, Vanilla

Kawaii433

Congratz! Was missing your reviews and presence here on steepster. Good to hear everything is going well with your new home.

TreeGal

Yay, congratulations!

lizwykys

Yay for the new digs; New Year + New Home = Excellent!!

Candy Cane is one I would have ordered but the one day only / secret url thing was too much to deal with (I get the email notices with the secret url, but they don’t work — I think because of a UK vs EU log-in problem). I’m still waiting for my B&B Christmas Cake delivery (which I was only able to order bc Mastress Alita helped me get to a working url on the one day) … that’s probably enough angst and effort spent on secret tea for me. :D

yay! congrats!

tea-sipper

Congratulations :D

Cameron B.

Thanks everyone!

@liz – I ordered Christmas Cake, too! But, for some reason, this one arrived first…

No notes for this one? It’s Christmas jumper day at work today, so I figured I might as well make it Christmas tea day also just to add an extra festive touch. I feel so far from Christmassy at the moment, I need all the help I can get.

I’m a fan of candy cane tea any time of the year, really, but I’ve been saving this sample pouch for a suitable occasion. Turns out that’s today! I used 1 tsp of leaf for my cup, and gave it 3.5 minutes in boiling water. I was thinking maybe milk, but in the end I went with no additions.

To taste, it’s actually pretty good. Spearmint is always a winner with me – it’s sweeter and more gentle than peppermint, and it does a good job of recreating a “candy” mint flavour. The vanilla adds a creamy touch, which is totally delicious in this context. I really am thinking candy cane as I sip this one. I’m not 100% sold on the ceylon base – it’s a little citrussy for my tastes, and then with the added lime leaves and pomegranate flowers it’s just a little confusing and muddled in the aftertaste. The initial hit of spearmint and vanilla is excellent, though. I’m not usually a fan of stevia in teas, but I will say that it works quite well here to create the candy cane effect. It’s not too cloying and artificial, either, so clearly it’s been added with a light hand.

The last thing to say, as with pretty much all Bluebird blends, is that it looks fabulous. Pink cornflowers, red pomegranate flowers, green mint, black tea. It does recall a candy cane, and it’s lovely to look at. The biggest joy is in the drinking, though. It’s pretty much liquid candy cane, and it’ll surely make this work day more bearable.

Boiling 3 min, 30 sec 1 tsp