Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster

Black Fruit Herbal Blend
Black Tea, Blackcurrant, Natural Flavours, Peppermint, Sugar Sprinkles
Black Currant, Peppermint, Berries, Tart
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by tea-sipper

2 Images

• “I love the dark blue, almost black color that this brews up. I didn’t know how I felt about this flavor combination, but it tastes better than I’d imagined. The berry flavor is mild, and the mint...” Read full tasting note
  • “Haha, whoa. The leaf is detritus. The liquid is stagnant swampwater. The flavor is the smell of the musty edges of a swamp complete with the tastes of tangy black currant and crisp mint that can...” Read full tasting note
  • “Mastress Alita’s sipdown challenge January 2nd: National Science Fiction Day Tea #1 additional notes: Drinking this one as part of the funsy day sipdown challenge. For one of my favorite geek...” Read full tasting note
  • “Okay, lazy person here again. I took 1 teaspoon and – grandpa. Dry leaf smells strongly peppermint with little (but noticable) blackcurrant. When brewed, it turns blue-green colour. Yep, again...” Read full tasting note

From Bird & Blend Tea Co.

All of the best galactic adventures are fuelled by tea… everyone knows that! This new brew is truly out of this world: brewing bright green, with sparkling golden nuggets & the mindblowing (if not slightly alien) combination of blackcurrant & peppermint!

Top Brewing Tip: Try this blend cold-brewed in lemonade with fresh mint for a refreshing iced tea OR steep hot to bring out the blackcurrant!
dIngredients

Sri Lankan black tea, sprinkles (sugar, glazing agent (carnauba wax), stabilisers (gum arabic), colours (e100 curcumin, e163 anthocyanins, e171 titanium dioxide), anticaking agent (potassium aluminium silicate)), peppermint, blue pea flowers, freeze-dried blackcurrant, natural flavouring.

About Bird & Blend Tea Co. View company

I love the dark blue, almost black color that this brews up. I didn’t know how I felt about this flavor combination, but it tastes better than I’d imagined. The berry flavor is mild, and the mint fits well with it. However, the mint is the overwhelming flavor, which doesn’t really seem right for a tea of this name. You’d expect the flavor to be a lot crazier. It’s mainly mint, and I’d sooner choose many other mint blends over this one. Thanks to amandastory516 for sending this!

gmathis

I needed a “Hitchhiker” fix recently—flicked on the movie and off my brain :)

AJRimmer

I know what you mean! I haven’t read the series in probably 14 years or so, but I’ve been reading his Dirk Gently series lately, which has been fun.

YES to both.

Haha, whoa.

The leaf is detritus. The liquid is stagnant swampwater. The flavor is the smell of the musty edges of a swamp complete with the tastes of tangy black currant and crisp mint that can grow in such moist locations.

If this tea didn’t have the novelty reference to The Guide, I don’t know what my gut reaction would’ve been but this is freaking brilliant. Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster transports me back to my swamp work ten years ago.

Martin Bednář

I had to put this one in! It is so crazy, yet quite good.

derk

It is crazy and I’m happy I get to revel in it’s weirdness.

Haha! Great!

Please keep things friendly and .

additional notes: Drinking this one as part of the funsy day sipdown challenge. For one of my favorite geek things: Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy! This is still a stunningly odd tea, both in flavors and appearance and it really WORKS for Hitchhiker’s Guide. I thought I’d love to hate this blend, but it’s really growing on me. I’m glad I took a gamble on it. I think I’ll raise the rating from a 78.

Courtney

The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy is so fun. I need to find the time to re-read them!

Mastress Alita

I really need to re-read them too… I have the five-book “trilogy” on the shelf in my Geek Den (why yes, when I moved I created a Geek Den… doesn’t everyone?!)

Courtney

Haha I also have the trilogy XD, and a Geek Den sounds amazing!

Mastress Alita

My bookcase (filled with my sci-fi/fantasy PBs, imported Japanese artbooks/manga, and translated manga) is in there, all my geeky plushies, and an old CRT TV with a Nintendo, SNES, and PSX hooked up. I also call it the “Retro Room” haha! (The rest of the room is filled with cat stuff that mostly goes unused, because cats).

I have never read Dirk Gently, but was going through my external HDD recently and noticed I have one of those short 3 episode seasons of a BBC version of that. Perhaps I’ll watch it!

AH! You have a geek den! awesome. :D

derk

This one surprised me!

Lexie Aleah

I never read the Dirk Gently book either but liked the BBC series.

Mastress Alita

I watched the BBC series today and really enjoyed it!

Lexie Aleah

Such a shame it was cancelled

Martin Bednář

I took a pouch on their Boxing Day sale! I remembered how much I liked it. Can’t wait for it.

To be honest, I haven’t read The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy but there are so many books waiting for me. I will give it a try and maybe with cuppa of this.

tea-sipper

I hope you like the book, Martin!

Please keep things friendly and .

Okay, lazy person here again.
I took 1 teaspoon and – grandpa.

Dry leaf smells strongly peppermint with little (but noticable) blackcurrant. When brewed, it turns blue-green colour. Yep, again they have added blue pea.

The brew was very minty in aroma, but blackcurrant tartness was certainly there. When sipped, it was refreshing and fruity. Berry fruity. I had even one whole black currant berry there, so I crushed it with spoon and that was value adding! It was really fruity with minty freshness.

I thought about adding a tea spoon of sugar, but I did not. The berry added exactly what was needed there I think. Some fresh fruit taste.

In conclusion, it was bit weird – but rather surprising. I expected some combination which I could not drink, but in fact, it is very tasty. Nice refreshing drink for summer.

Flavors: Berries, Black Currant, Peppermint, Tart

205 °F / 96 °C 8 min or more 1 tsp 10 OZ / 300 ML
tea-sipper

It’s good to hear this weird combination of flavors is surprisingly tasty — but Pan Galactic Gargle Blasters should be much much weirder. I asked about funny books in another tasting note, and The Hitchhiker’s Guide is one of the funniest.

Martin Bednář

IMHO, black tea with sprinkles, black currant and mint sounds really crazy.