Hazelnut Rocher

Black Tea, Candied Hazelnuts, Cocoa Bean Shells, Cocoa Nibs
Chocolate, Dark Chocolate, Marzipan, Hazelnut, Smooth, Sweet, Artificial, Nutty, Alcohol, Caramel
Edit tea info Last updated by amandastory516

40 Images

• “I don’t like the candy that this tea is named for, so I’m not sure what my reasoning was for buying it. The flavor is pretty similar to other B&B blends that contain chocolate. With sugar and...” Read full tasting note
  • “From my order a while ago, I think the Boxing Day sale?  I think I’ve had a Rocher ONCE in my life.  One little sphere of a Rocher.  I like that the blend tries to incorporate gold like the candy...” Read full tasting note
  • “Another tea from VariaTEA – pretty much anything that isn’t 1 of 3 teas is going to be courtesy of her or roswell strange via her haha. I’d forgotten that she gifted me with a larger sample of...” Read full tasting note
  • “This is one of my favorite holiday teas from Bird & Blend! As the name implies, the blend smells just like a Ferrero Rocher truffle…and this time the flavor lives up to the aroma. It’s smooth...” Read full tasting note

From Bird & Blend Tea Co.

Product description not available yet.

About Bird & Blend Tea Co. View company

I don’t like the candy that this tea is named for, so I’m not sure what my reasoning was for buying it. The flavor is pretty similar to other B&B blends that contain chocolate. With sugar and milk, it’s pleasant. I don’t taste any nuttiness, but the cocoa shells are nice. It’s a mild, tasty blend. Nothing about it really stands out from other blends though, and as I mentioned, it’s quite light. Maybe overleafing this would make it more interesting. I made my resteep in a much smaller mug, and that actually tasted better than the first steep – like a dark chocolate hot chocolate. Yeah, I’ll definitely be overleafing in the future. I wish I tasted some nuttiness!

From my order a while ago, I think the Boxing Day sale?  I think I’ve had a Rocher ONCE in my life.  One little sphere of a Rocher.  I like that the blend tries to incorporate gold like the candy wrapping into the blend, which are sprinkles that look like gold bars.  I think they also used them in Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster.  What happens to the brew, is a sort of wispy, cloudy substance floats around in the cup.  Not exactly gold, but it’s different.  The flavor is certainly chocolate thanks to all those lovely cocoa shells.  A great idea for hazelnuts in the blend… but I’m tasting mostly marzipan on the dark black base.  The second cup, wow, I’m glad I brewed the second steep for five minutes as the chocolate flavor is fantastic – the deepest chocolate, so so good.  So I think my parameters couldn’t be more spot on.   I had this once before, and the parameters must have been different, because this is a much better tea steeping it this way or the flavors are at their melding together perfection that sometimes fresh leaves don’t have (especially something like chocolate flavor).  I drank a second steep from yesterday’s leaves today and upon finishing the cup, I steeped up fresh leaves of the same tea.   Now that is saying something.  I don’t think I’ve ever had the same tea/fresh leaves on the same DAY… It’s the tea for the moment for me, I suppose!
Steep #1  // 1 1/2 teaspoons for full mug // 20 minutes after boiling  // 2 minute steep
Steep #2  // 3 minutes after boiling //  5 min

Flavors: Chocolate, Dark Chocolate, Marzipan

"Youngest"

Huge appreciation for the Douglas Adams reference.

tea-sipper

Of course you’re a fan of the Guide. :D

Another tea from VariaTEA – pretty much anything that isn’t 1 of 3 teas is going to be courtesy of her or roswell strange via her haha. I’d forgotten that she gifted me with a larger sample of this one. I pulled it out today largely because the little one was trying to eat the package and shake it at the same time. As it turns out, this reminds me of something i can’t quite place but i am still a fan. If i think about it come the holidays and it’s back, i’ll need to pick some up. Just the right chocolate/tea ratio without being too astringent or that weird chocolate taste i don’t like. thanks lady! for sure making my first week “back” at work better.

tea-sipper

Yep, I’m drinking this one right now and really hoping B&B brings it back at some point.

This is one of my favorite holiday teas from Bird & Blend! As the name implies, the blend smells just like a Ferrero Rocher truffle…and this time the flavor lives up to the aroma. It’s smooth and just sweet enough with distinctive notes of dark chocolate and hazelnut. I enjoy it plain, but adding milk really takes it over the top.

Flavors: Dark Chocolate, Hazelnut, Smooth, Sweet

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

The smell reminds me of chocolate scratch-and-sniff stickers. Fourth grade specifically, what 1993? Taste and body are thin but a strong returning sweetness like I’d expect in good loose-leaf comes about many minutes later. I used 2tsp to 10oz; thinking now that I should’ve used all three. Regardless, it’s kind of artificial. Thanks for the try, Martin :)

Flavors: Artificial, Chocolate, Hazelnut

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 10 OZ / 295 ML
Martin Bednář

You are welcome :)

Not from Advent calendar, but could be :)

I have to agree with previous raters. I took two teaspoons for my 300 ml cup and it turned out very nice!

I notice both, chocolate as well hazelnuts. I prepared it grandpa, so when it brews a nuts came on the surface and could even eat them. It was nice addition.

Tea itself, tastes after hazelnuts and chocolate. It is more on the chocolate than on nuts, but it is nice. Quite sweet, maybe more cocoa shells, or overall make it more bitter would be better. But I am dark chocolate person. I can imagine it can be better for some other people. The dry aroma is bit like marzipan, but luckily, it did not transformed into taste too much.

Brew is light, cloudy brown. Nothing pretty for eyes, but okay. Black tea base is not much distinctive, maybe some more malty tea would be nice in this blend.

Flavors: Chocolate, Hazelnut, Marzipan, Sweet

200 °F / 93 °C 8 min or more 2 tsp 10 OZ / 300 ML

#adventageddon Day Twenty Three – 5/6

- Been eagerly waiting for this day in the advent!
- This last bit of the year I’ve gotten really into hazelnut teas so I was stoked for this!
- It’s quite good, though very sweet
- However the hazelnut note is REALLY strong and defined which is just lovely
– It’s stronger than the chocolate!
- The chocolate is nice too and pairs well with the hazelnut
- However I’d almost prefer this profile sans chocolate
- Loved the tea overall though, it’s the kind of thing I’d buy for myself!

Day 20 of our Advent Tea Swap. From amandastory516.

My numbered packages from our Advent swap are getting less and less as we get closer to Christmas and today I’m starting to feel a little sad about it. I have loved participating in this swap – trying so many new teas and reading everyone else’s Advent tea tasting notes has been a highlight of my recent days. I’ll miss it once Christmas has passed.

Today’s tea is one I’ve seen others post about here on Steepster, so I was excited to open it and make a cup when I recognized the name. My first thought before steeping is that it smells exactly like amaretto. Not strictly almond or cherry, but distinctly amaretto liqueur.

The steep came out lighter than I would have liked so next time I’ll be using two teaspoons of dry leaf instead of just the one. I added some cream and honey even so, and it turned out really nice. My husband says it’s like drinking hot chocolate and I do agree. It’s reminiscent of those dark chocolate muffins with the chocolate chips. So basically chocolate cake. I’m not really picking up on the hazelnut.

I may or may not have added a splash or two of amaretto to bump up the flavor. Feeling very much like a grown-up tonight with my boozy drink and my favorite cat mug. Cue the Christmas music.

Flavors: Alcohol, Chocolate, Dark Chocolate

I had this earlier and it smelled deliciously like ferrero rocher and tasted similar as well but this trended more to that nuttiness that, while enjoyable in small doses, is not my favourite overall. So while this was quite good. It’s not something I need often. It would probably make an awesome latte though

Made this as an eggnog latte and it’s super tasty! Definitely an appropriately festive flavor for the week of Christmas.

Shae

How do you make your eggnog lattes? Would you share your quick tips for those of use who haven’t tried one before, please? Let’s be honest, that’s probably just me.

Martin Bednář

Shae, not just you :)

Shae

Haha, thank you Martin. The two of us then!

amandastory516

Absolutely! The easiest way for me is to make 8oz of tea super concentrated, and then just pour 8oz of hot (or hot and frothed) eggnog over it. Super easy!

Shae

Thank you! I have tons of eggnog at home so I’ll have to try this.