Gingerbread Chai Matcha

Green Matcha Rooibos Blend
Bulk
Edit tea info Last updated by Roswell Strange

From Bird & Blend Tea Co.

Limited edition Christmas matcha, just launched for 2019!

Inspired by our best selling Christmas chai – Gingerbread Chai tea, we’ve blended aromatic Christmas spices, Nordic gingerbread flavours, traditional Japanese green tea powder & sweet rooibos!

Our fans say: ‘Absolutely fantastic! I am a big fan of the chai flavours and this is another favourite.’ – Izabela

Ginger, maca, Japanese matcha green tea, rooibos, cardamom, cinnamon, natural flavouring granules, liquorice.

Warning: Contains liquorice root so we recommend people with hypertension should limit consumption to one cup a day

Warning: Packed in an environment that contains nuts.

Please check out our allergens page for any queries you may have regarding ingredients.

About Bird & Blend Tea Co. View company

Drinking this one with a spoon because the matcha keeps falling to the bottom of my cup. It definitely has a crisp gingerbread sort of vibe to it because I get the hit of ginger but it’s also sweet/cake-y. I just want more molasses. More flavour.

Roswell Strange

…was it pudding-y to you?

VariaTEA

More cake-y but also a lot of milk flavor. I used 1/2 tsp in 8 oz of milk and I think maybe it would have been better to use more powder or to make it hot.

#adventageddon Day Thirteen – 3/6

Couldn’t resist trying this matcha/powder, it’s a really fun holiday flavour and I could see it being really nice as a latte. Of course, I didn’t end up making it as a latte but I still stand by that idea!

I thought this was pretty good overall – it definitely conveys what it wants to in terms of flavour. I’d have preferred a more dark/deep and molasses note for the gingerbread, but there was something that tasted kind of pudding-y to me that I weirdly thought worked quite well for the matcha. Ginger/cinnamon are the spice starts, supported by a hint of cardamom and a sweet liquorice root and honey (from the rooibos) finish. Avoid if you’re not a fan of liquorice, but otherwise it’s tasty!

Would I buy this for myself? Probably not since I have some spiced matcha from DT that is cheaper and more accessible for myself, and that’s not a flavour I crave often. However, no complaints and I would definitely drink it again!