Raspberry Choco Rocket Matcha

Matcha Yerba maté Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Roswell Strange

1 Tasting Note View all

From Bird & Blend Tea Co.

Product description not available yet.

About Bird & Blend Tea Co. View company

1 Tasting Note

As an iced tea!

Definitely doesn’t seem like a coincidence to me that this is a raspberry and chocolate profile that incorporates yerba mate that is also called “Choco Rocket”, much like DT’s now retired Chocolate Rocket blend that is a yerba mate base with chocolate and raspberries…

That ‘coincidence’ aside, I thought this was really enjoyable! I often love the flavour of Bird & Blend’s matchas but struggle with the texture so I typically try to hide the texture with my preperation style, and having this iced (and drinking with a straw) really helped with that a lot for me. In terms of taste, this reminds me a little bit of some sort of chocolate filled with a raspberry “filling” like the cherry filled chocolates that come out around Valentine’s Day really prominently. Good, natural tasting cocoa notes but a more artificial and syrupy tasting raspberry note. I’m not anti-artificial flavours in tea, personally, and there’s definitely a different between something tasting like an artificial product in a way where it’s similar to something IRL (like those chocolates) and it tasting “artificial” in a negative way or with an implicating that it’s a poor recreation of an existing thing… if that makes sense!? It’s a more subtle distinction, but an important one.

It’s also my way of saying that even though this tasted like an artificial raspberry flavour to me, it was a flavour I enjoyed.The other thing I liked is that the more herbal and borderline smoky taste of the yerba mate “matcha”/powder in the blend actually comes through in the taste as well!

I think the next way that I want to try this is as a latte.

Nattie

That definitely doesn’t seem like it could be just a coincidence! What confuses me about that though is that you can’t even get DT over here in the UK, so making that comparison wouldn’t even really benefit them? I’m sure there’s only a few of us here on Steepster that would be able to make the connection… weird :/