The Night Before Christmas

Black Herbal Pu-erh Rooibos Blend
Chili, Lapsang Souchong, Peppermint, Pu Erh Tea, Rooibos, Safflower
Eucalyptus, Medicinal, Rooibos, Spicy, Smoke, Wood
Edit tea info Last updated by Martin Bednář

• “Discovery Advent Tea #24 What is going on in my mouth?! Minty campfire. Just in case you happen to want to have nice fresh breath for your lumberjack. And a bit of orange liquor.” Read full tasting note
  • “This is the last of the Christmas teas from Bird&Blend I´m trying…on 24/12, of course. It´s kind of weird in nose…a medicinal aroma, I thought at first, then something eucalyptus like came to...” Read full tasting note
  • “Additional notes:  Had this one last night as I was surprised it never showed up in the advent this year, when it was on the VIP site.  Second steep tonight.  I like everything that it has going...” Read full tasting note
  • “Hmm. No tasting notes and rated? What is happening here on Steepster? Admins! If there’s something strange In your website Who you gonna call? Admins! Ehh, I guess not. And tea? It was like...” Read full tasting note

From Bird & Blend Tea Co.

This smoked blend is a celebration of all things Christmas Eve… Take a sip and the excitement is building, presents wrapped under the tree, family time around an open fire, crisp frost settling outside, Father Christmas is on his way!

About Bird & Blend Tea Co. View company

Discovery Advent Tea #24

Dustin

You had me at lumberjack! LOL!

Cameron B.

Ha ha ha! Where’s my lumberjack?

This is the last of the Christmas teas from Bird&Blend I´m trying…on 24/12, of course. It´s kind of weird in nose…a medicinal aroma, I thought at first, then something eucalyptus like came to mind, maybe it´s just the peppermint, but it really defines the smell. In mouth the blend works, is far more balanced than what could have been expected from the aroma.
Spicy w/o clearly identifying as a Xmas tea…I like that! And it makes it far more interesting to drink at other times of the year as well.

Flavors: Eucalyptus, Medicinal, Rooibos, Spicy

tea-sipper

This one never showed up in the advent this year, even though it was in stock on their site.

Ilse Wouters

I bought it in the Xmas in July sale.

Additional notes:  Had this one last night as I was surprised it never showed up in the advent this year, when it was on the VIP site.  Second steep tonight.  I like everything that it has going on… mint, smoke… in a blind taste test it would be hard to tell the base.  I bit and ordered from the sale last night MAINLY BECAUSE THEY HAD FIGGY PUD. I was surprised not many of the Christmas teas from this year were on sale.  Mainly just the movie blends.  They will probably have the others on sale in July.   I also had to buy Bonfire Toffee because they had it on the VIP site for a quick minute so I’m not sure if they are getting rid of that one.  Hopefully not.  They had a new wait line on their site which seemed to work better as I only had to hit the checkout button ONCE.
2020 Sipdowns: 101 Met my goal for the year, just in time!!  (Bird pick tea & herb – Supreme Zhejian Tikuanyin  + Teakruthi – Afternoon Ritual)

AJRimmer

My checkout page was super broken and took forever, but I’m glad your experience was smoother!

Veronica

That’s a lot of sipdowns! Nice work!

Veronica! You’re back! :D

tea-sipper

Oh and forgot to include in my note: Happy Kwanzaa to anyone celebrating!

Hmm. No tasting notes and rated? What is happening here on Steepster?

Admins!
If there’s something strange
In your website
Who you gonna call?
Admins!

Ehh, I guess not.

And tea? It was like drinking “Winter is coming” again. It was pretty same, with one exception. It was more smoky – because Lapsang Souchong here. Well, even the ingredients are almost same. Bit more spicy.

Took this tea to cut down as well Christmas-related teas. Same rating as Winter is Coming. Prepared grandpa as well.

Flavors: Smoke, Spicy, Wood

205 °F / 96 °C 8 min or more 2 tsp 11 OZ / 330 ML
tea-sipper

Well, at least we know you HAVE seen Ghostbusters. You can’t miss all the great 80s movies. :D

Martin Bednář

Exactly tea-sipper.
“I’m a Mog. Half-man, half-dog. I’m my own best friend.”
or some quotes from Police Academy I could not recall right now (mostly because I found out it is so stupid movie)… haha.

Shanie O Maniac

So you’ve seen Spaceballs. Good. Would hate for you to miss out on that one.

Martin Bednář

Spaceballs are my fav Shanie! It’s that kind of humour I enjoy (and British one).

Shanie O Maniac

The funny thing is that the movie has been on my mind a lot in the last year or two. Somewhere along the way, my lovely Mezzo-Soprano singing voice turned into a Contralto and that scene where the princess is singing in the prison cell? That’s basically what I sound like when I sing these days. And every time I’m in my car trying to sing, and the only thing in range is the baritone male parts, I think of that scene.