Sloe Gin Lapsang

Black Fruit Blend
Ceylon Black Tea, Elderberries, Ginger, Lapsang Souchong, Natural Flavours
High
Edit tea info Last updated by Cameron B.

2 Images

• “I had to search what Sloe Gin is. That spirit sounds interesting and i would like to try it. To the tea… be cautious; aroma is very pungent; not sure if it is elderberries; but probably yes :) and...” Read full tasting note
  • “I had cancelled my B&B subscription for awhile, but decided to renew this month after I saw the lists of teas that would be included October-December. I actually didn’t realize sloe gin was a...” Read full tasting note

From Bird & Blend Tea Co.

Sweet winter sloes with a hint of fireside smoke

A classic smoked lapsang with a winter berry twist, perfect for enjoying during an evening spent by the fireside. A must-try for any Smoky Russian lovers!

Top Brewing Tips: This blend is great hot or you can try with a dash of sloe gin or your favourite spirit!

Sri Lankan black tea, Chinese lapsang souchong black tea, elderberries, ginger, natural flavouring.

About Bird & Blend Tea Co. View company

To the tea… be cautious; aroma is very pungent; not sure if it is elderberries; but probably yes :) and it smells after gin (actually rather the base — drupes). But it’s so strong!

While brewed, it is still very aromatic. Even my father noticed it and he said: “What the … are you drinking again?” Hihi. I told him and well, he was surprised.

I took one heaped tea spoon and second was quite empty, as I was afraid it won’t be too tasty. How wrong I was after three minutes steep! It is with nice base, some sweetness and although no actual gin (not sloe gin, as I have no idea) notes, there were some drupe notes I think… Smoky in the finish and back of tongue.

Not a tea which I will look for every day, but certainly an interesting blend worth trying and I think I will finish it without problems when looking for something bold and flavourful.

White Antlers

Martin, this brought back memories! The first hangover I ever had when I was a young teen was after many many sloe gin fizzes. Gawd-I was so sick! Bottled sloe gin has a slight aroma of almonds that comes from steeping the fruit’s stones as part of the mixture. It’s a delicious drink-and lethal (or so it felt the next day) in large doses.

Martin Bednář

I am glad it wasn’t really lethal for you White Antlers, but I can imagine it. Maybe it was bit almondy in taste; but certainly not overpowering :)

teaqueen

The worst hangover I ever had was from gin as well. This tea sounds like an interesting idea though! Gin flavorings with smoky lapsang actually sounds delightful, and no hangovers involved…

I actually didn’t realize sloe gin was a thing, and had to do some research. Always love learning new things through tea!
As for the tea- love! It’s nice and smoky, but the elderberry is still the most dominant flavor. There’s a bit of ginger peeking through as well. The smokiness and bold berry work so well together.

Martin Bednář

Nooo! I will know what is in! Haha. Don’t worry, I will forget it when I will get it this week (hopefully).

amandastory516

I’m sorry, Martin! Everyone in the B&B group has been posting about it, so I didn’t even think to keep it a surprise for others. I won’t post the rest!

Martin Bednář

Don’t worry Amanda. As I said, I will forget it again. Just enjoy the teas and don’t worry about me. My orders are fullfilled around 11th each month, but ten it takes week to deliver to Central Europe.

Cameron B.

I just started my Bird & Blend sub again too! I love elderberry so this sounds right up my alley.

Martin Bednář

Amanda, you can drink them out now! I have my envelope with me :)