Roasted Barley (Mugicha)

Herbal Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Sabrael D. Carroll
Boiling 8 min or more

1 Tasting Note View all

• “This is a great tea to have in the summer. I make it almost every other day. It quenches your thirst more than water and becomes very cold in the fridge. No need to add any sweetener, this tea is...” Read full tasting note
    sweetjuliann 3 tasting notes

From Bird Pick Tea & Herb

Popular in Japan and Korea, roasted barley tea, or Mugicha, is usually drunk as an iced beverage to cool and refresh the body. It is also great as a caffeine-free coffee alternative when served hot. Recent studies have stated that consuming this beverage may cleanse blood impurities and relieve stress. Try it hot or cold, sweetened or unsweetened for a pleasantly toasty brew.

About Bird Pick Tea & Herb View company

1 Tasting Note

No need to add any sweetener, this tea is very mild and my kids love it.
We also drink it hot at meals or whenever.
I usually boil water in a big pot and add barley to fill the surface, turn off the heat, then cover. I drain barley once it cools down.

Boiling 8 min or more