Supreme Jasmine Slim Green Tea

Herbal Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Jillian

• “Sara's tealog entry about this tea tipped me off to the fact that this isn't a tea at all. It seems to be the leaves of a plant called kuding with is a species of Ilex (holly). And yet on the...” Read full tasting note
    JillDragon 1586 tasting notes
  • “I bought this not realizing it was a ku ding tea, which I've been put off by in the past. This one's not bad, though, milder than what I've tried before. It's still pretty bitter, but a three...” Read full tasting note
    cyclogenesis 55 tasting notes

From Bird Pick Tea & Herb

Origin: Guangxi
Brew: Golden Jade
Type: Green
Flavor: A blend of bitter, minty and earthy notes

Description: Boasting the wonder scent of jasmine flowers, this tea is hand picked from the Guangxi region in China. Note that as this is a slim tea, it has a bitter melody, yet it offers a well-balanced blend of earthy and vegetal notes. It has been known to detoxify the body and aid in digestion after meals.

About Bird Pick Tea & Herb View company

Sara’s tealog entry about this tea tipped me off to the fact that this isn’t a tea at all. It seems to be the leaves of a plant called kuding with is a species of Ilex (holly). And yet on the website it’s listed as a green tea and there’s no indication in the description of the tea of it being anything other than one. ⌐_⌐

I followed Sara’s advice and only used two ‘sticks’ and while it still tastes bitter (kuding is supposed to taste bitter) it isn’t as wretchedly horrible as my first ‘experiment’ and I’m actually noticing that it has a nice, sweet aftertaste. Taking the nature of this tea into account (and the fact I’m not massively overdosing) I’ve decided to up the rating a bit. I’m still pissed at the company for being so obscure though. *grumble *

I bought this not realizing it was a ku ding tea, which I’ve been put off by in the past. This one’s not bad, though, milder than what I’ve tried before. It’s still pretty bitter, but a three minute steep and a little while to cool off will make it tolerable. Use only two twigs at a time, and I wouldn’t recommend resteeping. Drink it fast and between two sweeter cups and it’s a nice way to clear your head.