Oolong Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Sara

1 Tasting Note View all

• “I just can't get into this tea. I tend to like greener oolongs, but this one isn't bad for a darker type, the flowery flavor definitely sets it apart. Unfortunately it's not a flowery flavor I...” Read full tasting note
    cyclogenesis 51 tasting notes

From Bird Pick Tea & Herb

According to legend, men tending the Emperor’s garden discovered this tea when they came across a tea bush and7 picked a few leaves to steep in hot water. Today, this tea is made from large leaves with the fragrance of Orchid flowers. The processed leaves appear large and curled and brew a surprisingly wonderful beverage with fruity notes.

About Bird Pick Tea & Herb View company

1 Tasting Note

I just can’t get into this tea. I tend to like greener oolongs, but this one isn’t bad for a darker type, the flowery flavor definitely sets it apart. Unfortunately it’s not a flowery flavor I particularly like. Extra points added for the fact that I managed to get through an entire tin of this, including multiple steeps for each serving – so it can’t be that bad. It reminds me a bit of the teas you get at Chinese restaurants, and I think this flavor does better suit Chinese food, at least the fried/not-spicy kind you get at American buffets. Unfortunately I don’t eat like that very often, so I can’t say this tea was ever a great fit for my kitchen.

If you like more roasted/oxidized oolongs or floral flavors this will be right up your alley!