Osmanthus Milk Oolong

Creamy, Floral, Osmanthus, Smooth
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by Cindy

From Bird Pick Tea & Herb

This Oolong tea comes from select tea trees planted back in 1981 that produce leaves boasting a unique sweet, milky flavor. We took this tea and infused it with the unforgettable sweet fragrance of osmanthus flowers for a wonderfully creamy tea. No actual milk is used!

About Bird Pick Tea & Herb View company

1900 tasting notes

Many thanks to Amariel for this tea!

I tried this yesterday, and wasn’t sure what to say about it. The dry tea smells lovely, and looks like it has some huge leaves rolled up there. It’s floral, and slightly green smelling.

Steeped, it unfortunately has some of the oolong flavour that’s really hard for me to describe that I do not like. I’ve called it things like “seaweedy” before. That’s sort of it. This tea is mostly floral, I’m guessing from the osmanthus as well as the tea itself. The texture is nice, not too thin even though I was doing shortish steeps. But something about the flavour just hits my tastebuds the wrong way.

Thank you Amariel for sharing, but I don’t think this is for me.

Amariel

Aww, sorry it didn’t work out for you.

So after a few days of nothing but chai and double ginger, to soothe my tummy, I decided to break this out and try it since I was feeling a bit better. I seem to remember the store noting a pineapple note, and I could smell it in the container there, but not here, nor could I taste it. However, I did get a slight juicy note in addition to the creamy aspects, so maybe that was it.

As the other reviews have said, this is a very drinkable milk oolong, and for whatever reason, milk oolongs are one of the few I can drink straight, without any sweetener in it at all. So I had two steeps of this while I went about my day and got things accomplished before my tummy started acting up and I switched back to double ginger.

I’d say it is a comparable replacement for my Teaopia milk oolong.

Soothing floral notes of osmanthus makes this tea comforting. Smooth and creamy, easy to drink.

Flavors: Creamy, Floral, Osmanthus, Smooth

Milky fragrance. Very delicious. The leaves look really beautiful after steeping.

Tastes of milk. Very creamy. Easy to drink. Almost comforting.