Edit tea info Last updated by Dustin

1 Tasting Note View all

From Bird Pick Tea & Herb

Delicate with a crisp aroma reminiscent of citrus

Ceylon Black Tea hails for Sri Lanka, one of the largest tea producers in the world. Introduced in the mid-1800s by James Taylor who planted the first tea tree to replace his devastated coffee crop, this tea soon gained popularity throughout the world. Brewing a delicate, yet crisp citrus aroma, it can enjoyed as is, but is also great in tea blends.

About Bird Pick Tea & Herb View company

1 Tasting Note

In an effort to better understand the flavored teas I like and don’t like, I picked up a few small samples of popular basic blacks to try on a trip to Bird Pick. First up is the Ceylon.

I recognize this flavor. It is the flavor I remember tea tasting like at Chinese restaurants. It has never been one of my favorites, but drinkable in a pinch. It is very grassy. Like a watered down warmed up wheat grass shot. It is a little unpleasant on the tip of my tongue when I sip and a little bitter in the back when I swallow. When I sweeten it, it reminds me of the Lipton sweet tea that my in laws would make and drink down by the gallon each summer. Bittersweet memories with a bittersweet tea, how fitting! I’m also thinking this may be the same base as some of the desert David’s Teas that I have tried like Red Velvet Cake. I wish more companies who do flavored teas would list the type of blacks they are using so I could form a better opinion of what I like and dislike.

This tea is alright once I sweeten it, but I’m not a fan of it plain. It gets an eh.