Honeydew Sencha

Green Tea
Honeydew, Melon
Edit tea info Last updated by Dru Bramlett

• “This is truly an enjoyable summer tea! It smells sweet when dry, with that crisp sencha scent. Once brewed, it doesn't taste as sweet, but maintains the delicious aroma, which is great because...” Read full tasting note
    QuiltGuppy 247 tasting notes
  • “MMMM, Honeydew Sencha! Upon smelling the dry leaves, you're presented with an unforgettable marriage of sweet honeydew and fainter notes of strawberry. Now don't get me wrong, I LOVE my more...” Read full tasting note
    drueyyy 61 tasting notes
  • “Dry, this tea definitely smells like rich honeydew. It is a smell that carries over when brewed, but it exchanges some of the richness for juiciness. The honeydew flavor is strong when the tea is...” Read full tasting note
    Dustin2Dust 523 tasting notes
  • “Oh, wow. The flavoring in this one is absolutely spot-on! Another review stated they found it more of a watermelon flavor, but I don't taste that at all. This tastes like perfectly fresh juicy...” Read full tasting note
    cookies 127 tasting notes

From Bird Pick Tea & Herb

Product description not available yet.

About Bird Pick Tea & Herb View company

Once brewed, it doesn’t taste as sweet, but maintains the delicious aroma, which is great because it’s simply outstanding. I’m not overly fond of sweet tasting teas, so it works for that. My one issue with this tea, however, is the name. Honeydew. I detest honeydew. If I hadn’t tried this one without knowing the name first, I may never have given it a chance. It does not taste like honeydew to me, but rather watermelon. Honeydew has a thicker sweetness to it, and this is more the bright, clean taste of watermelon… in a tea.

Dinosara

QuiltGuppy! I was so surprised to see your name on my dashboard! Good to see you around!

QuiltGuppy

Thanks! Yes, it has been a while. Such is life, right? It’s fun to be back, reading reviews. :)

MMMM, Honeydew Sencha!

Upon smelling the dry leaves, you’re presented with an unforgettable marriage of sweet honeydew and fainter notes of strawberry. Now don’t get me wrong, I LOVE my more traditional teas. However, when I discovered that Bird Pick only uses flowers to scent the tea, I was shocked. All of this aroma without artificial flavoring or sugar? No. Freaking. Way.

Now you might be saying, “oh yeah, well I bet it didn’t taste as good as it smelled when you brewed it”. But to you naysayers, I say, “HA!”. It’s a delicious green tea that isn’t tarnished with the fruity fragrances. It has a wonderful depth of flavor that leaves a pleasant astringency on the tongue afterwards, akin to a palette cleanser.

What I have realized is that this tea is actually better on ICE! Yes, I kid you not. Brew it double strength and ice it over. It’s overpowering olfactory nature just screams sweetness in your mouth, it’s the craziest sensation: sweet fruit without sweetener in a green tea.

Love this tea. Definitely will be rebuying.

Dry, this tea definitely smells like rich honeydew. It is a smell that carries over when brewed, but it exchanges some of the richness for juiciness. The honeydew flavor is strong when the tea is hot, but mellows out letting the sencha come through as it cools with the honeydew hanging on for the aftertaste as if I just had a bite of melon. I love sugar in my tea and adding it did perk up the flavors a little, but somehow didn’t do much to make the tea better.

I’m not quite sure how I feel about this tea overall. It is well done and the flavors are good, but it’s not knocking me off my feet. Maybe in time…

Oh, wow. The flavoring in this one is absolutely spot-on! Another review stated they found it more of a watermelon flavor, but I don’t taste that at all. This tastes like perfectly fresh juicy honeydew. Even hot it’s a match, though I imagine it would be incredible iced. Definitely the best flavored green I’ve yet to try.
It’s a shame Bird Pick only sells 4oz sizes. If it were available to purchase in more reasonable sizes I would snatch it up in a millisecond. But I’ll have to at least sip down a reasonable amount of my existing greens before even considering picking up 4 full ounces.

Flavors: Honeydew, Melon