Edit tea info Last updated by IdentiTEA

1 Tasting Note View all

• “I honestly don't understand all the hype behind Earl Grey tea. I dislike the taste of bergamot that is used in the Earl Grey recipe. It tastes more like licking a rusty pipe than it does an...” Read full tasting note
    IdentiTEA 31 tasting notes

From Black Bear Tea Company

Black tea blended with orange flavor and dried orange pieces

About Black Bear Tea Company View company

1 Tasting Note

I honestly don’t understand all the hype behind Earl Grey tea. I dislike the taste of bergamot that is used in the Earl Grey recipe. It tastes more like licking a rusty pipe than it does an orange. That is why I have been on the hunt to find a really good orange flavored black tea.

While vacationing in Tennessee last week, I came across the Black Bear Tea Company in the Mountain Mall in Gatlinburg. As soon as I spotted the Black Orange tea, I picked it up… no hesitation.

I am home from vacation and finally get to see if I made a good purchase. Indeed, I did! The taste is quite mellow for a black tea. The orange is obviously the key note but it is not overwhelming – I can still taste the black tea. The brew is sweet and tangy, not bitter, but a little astringent. I bet this would be incredible iced!

The only bad thing is… I can’t find this blend on their website. :(