Pu-erh Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by MissB
200 °F / 93 °C 8 min or more 12 oz / 354 ml

From Blue Quill

About Blue Quill View company

This is from MissB (thank you!), and I hadn’t tried it until right now. I’m having this shou craving that’s driving me mad… MAD FOR SHOU! :)
Anyway, this is so good.
It falls apart (tuo cha form) very quickly, with a lot of sediment. I improvised and used a small tea basket to pour through into my tea cup, which resulted in a bit on my counter, because I’m pouring out of gaiwan through a tea basket, and it just didn’t want to work….but I persevered!
I do definitely get the ‘crunchy sugar’ thing that MissB talked about in her review for this tea (ha!…crunch…)… it’s malty and sweet, but earthy and round.
I’ve got a few more of these, and I’m so glad that I do! :))

I moved from Qualicum Beach – where this shop is located – almost four years ago now, so this is definitely an aged puerh. Ha! I wanted to try it again before I sent some off, and I’m glad I did. Brews up super dark, almost purple-black, and smells earthy and fresh. Tastes mushroom-y, and like cane sugar – the kind that crunches and has a hard time dissolving… it both feels and tastes like that to me, whatever that’s supposed to mean. I see it as a pretty standard tea though, and oddly, this came in tuo cha form, not loose as the picture shows.

Flavors: Earth, Honey, Mushrooms

200 °F / 93 °C 8 min or more 2 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

Crunches!

OMGsrsly

A crunchy tasting tea. That sounds super interesting, but I’m not sure I’d want to try!