White Christmas

Edit tea info Last updated by Jillian

1 Tasting Note View all

• “FromTGCTTB (round 3) Given the amount of snow falling outside at the moment I thought this would be an appropriate tea to try out. It's interesting, looking at it I'd almost say that the ingredient...” Read full tasting note
    jjoeve 111 tasting notes

From Blue Teapot

One sip of this tasty treat reminds you that Christmas has come. This rich blend reveals a cinnamon-orange taste with a pleasantly smooth finish.

Ingredients: black tea -Ceylon, -South India, -China, orange peels, coconut chips (coconut, coconut fat, sugar), almond flakes, rose blossom leaves, cinnamon, flavour.

• Steeping time 3 minutes, water temperature 100°C.

About Blue Teapot View company

1 Tasting Note

FromTGCTTB (round 3)
Given the amount of snow falling outside at the moment I thought this would be an appropriate tea to try out. It’s interesting, looking at it I’d almost say that the ingredient list is incorrect or not complete, I don’t see the coconut, they neglect to mention the pink peppercorn, and I could swear that the leaves weren’t a Celyon black; but I’m going to give it a shot anyway.

That said the sweet citrusy, spicy scent of the tea is really nice and what called to me when I first opened the bag. The brewing definitely tells a tale though, this is not a black! At a guess Id say white, but I’ve not had that many white teas so I can’t say for certain. Too bad I didn’t go with my first instincts on this since I defiantly brewed it at too high a temp, ah well

Pale yellow and with a subtle,slightly vegetal fruity scent this tea is different from my usual style. Nutty undertones complement the few citrus notes and there’s just enough of a kick from the peppercorn to give it a little heat. In the end not one that I’ll pull out of the box but I’m glad it was there to try.

PS I gave up trying to set the water temp scale since I’m on an iPad and could only get iced or boiling :p. Brewed at 95C

Jillian

Yeah I noticed that too – this blend is 2 Christmases old so I think they changed the tea since I bought it. It’s definitely a white tea base – I can send you the ingredient list from the package if you want.