White Pearl of Fujian

Green White Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Jillian

• “I steeped this a bit longer than maybe recommended with a white tea but it didn’t seem to hurt it, maybe because the delicate whites are mixed with a few different and possibly more resilient...” Read full tasting note
    JillDragon 1801 tasting notes
  • “Sooooo excited to try this one from Blue Teapot as I am very new to Blue Teapot Teas! This one is colorful blend-wise and smells nice and floral and woodsy. I can taste the jasmine and cherry...” Read full tasting note
    teaequalsbliss 6770 tasting notes
  • “Iced tea! Wow, this one turned out really yummy the way I made it! For whatever reason, this tea brews bitter no matter what I do to try to counteract it (lower temp water, less steeping time), so...” Read full tasting note
    Mookit 69 tasting notes

From Blue Teapot

A wonderfully smooth and subtle treat has apricot-jasmine taste.

Ingredients: white tea China Pai Mu Tan, green tea China -Fog Tea, -Sencha, -Lung Ching, -Gunpowder, -Jasmine, -Jasmine Jade Pearls, flavour, rose blossom leaves, sour cherry bits, jasmine blossoms, orange blossoms, sunflower blossoms.

About Blue Teapot View company

I steeped this a bit longer than maybe recommended with a white tea but it didn’t seem to hurt it, maybe because the delicate whites are mixed with a few different and possibly more resilient greens in this blend. The apricot flavour is quite strong but there’s a perfumy flavour present aswell, possibly from the the jasmine blossoms.

Luthien

In my experience, some white teas can be very forgiving if they’re over-steeped – certainly a lot more than most greens. Other white teas, not so much.

Jillian

Interesting, I figured it would be the other way around since white teas are so young and delicate.

Sooooo excited to try this one from Blue Teapot as I am very new to Blue Teapot Teas! This one is colorful blend-wise and smells nice and floral and woodsy. I can taste the jasmine and cherry primarily. It has a bit of a woodsy aftertaste. Not what I expected…but then again…not real sure what I WAS expecting…and I am not saying that in a bad way…it’s a tasty tea…the flavor just surprised me, I guess.

Iced tea!

Wow, this one turned out really yummy the way I made it! For whatever reason, this tea brews bitter no matter what I do to try to counteract it (lower temp water, less steeping time), so I did have to add just over a tablespoon of simple syrup (which is still not that much considering it’s already a 1:1 water and sugar ratio). However, with the addition of the sweetener, and after I added a handful of frozen mangoes and let it sit in the fridge over night, the iced tea tasted really nice! The whole flavour profile was very tropical, and the mango infusion definitely came out in the tea, which I wasn’t really expecting to be honest. I think mangoes were the perfect choice for this tea because it already leans towards a fruity/tropical feel with the inclusion of apricot in the blend itself, so the mangoes really complemented the style and brought out a lot of the fruity flavours that I was missing in hot brews. Perfect timing for this, as it turned out to be a hot day, too!