White Pearl of Fujian

Green White Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Jillian

• “I steeped this a bit longer than maybe recommended with a white tea but it didn’t seem to hurt it, maybe because the delicate whites are mixed with a few different and possibly more resilient...” Read full tasting note
    JillDragon 1794 tasting notes
  • “Sooooo excited to try this one from Blue Teapot as I am very new to Blue Teapot Teas! This one is colorful blend-wise and smells nice and floral and woodsy. I can taste the jasmine and cherry...” Read full tasting note
    teaequalsbliss 6770 tasting notes
  • “I went to visit the Blue Teapot for the first time today, and was delightfully surprised at their quaint store and decent prices. The sales associate was nice, although I got the feeling that she...” Read full tasting note
    Mookit 54 tasting notes

From Blue Teapot

A wonderfully smooth and subtle treat has apricot-jasmine taste.

Ingredients: white tea China Pai Mu Tan, green tea China -Fog Tea, -Sencha, -Lung Ching, -Gunpowder, -Jasmine, -Jasmine Jade Pearls, flavour, rose blossom leaves, sour cherry bits, jasmine blossoms, orange blossoms, sunflower blossoms.

About Blue Teapot View company

I steeped this a bit longer than maybe recommended with a white tea but it didn’t seem to hurt it, maybe because the delicate whites are mixed with a few different and possibly more resilient greens in this blend. The apricot flavour is quite strong but there’s a perfumy flavour present aswell, possibly from the the jasmine blossoms.

Luthien

In my experience, some white teas can be very forgiving if they’re over-steeped – certainly a lot more than most greens. Other white teas, not so much.

Jillian

Interesting, I figured it would be the other way around since white teas are so young and delicate.

Sooooo excited to try this one from Blue Teapot as I am very new to Blue Teapot Teas! This one is colorful blend-wise and smells nice and floral and woodsy. I can taste the jasmine and cherry primarily. It has a bit of a woodsy aftertaste. Not what I expected…but then again…not real sure what I WAS expecting…and I am not saying that in a bad way…it’s a tasty tea…the flavor just surprised me, I guess.

I went to visit the Blue Teapot for the first time today, and was delightfully surprised at their quaint store and decent prices. The sales associate was nice, although I got the feeling that she didn’t know as much about the teas as I’d like; she couldn’t tell me a lot about their selection of traditional Chinese or Japanese teas (which I wanted to try).
I ended up buying this white/green tea blend. I figured that since I don’t currently have a white tea in my cupboard, might be good to start with something that already has flavours I’m familiar with. The tea smells very nice dry, you can definitely smell the apricot and jasmine in it. Brewed, the aroma reminds me a bit of a flowery mango.
I can’t taste any fruitiness when I sip it, though, which is a bit confusing to my tongue (who heard from my nose that this tea smells like delicious fruit). I can definitely taste some jasmine and the green tea – not sure where the white tea is hiding, I don’t quite know how to identify it by taste yet. I know that white tea has a very subtle flavour though, so it is probably being overwhelmed by the other dominant ingredients in the blend.
Overall, I find this tea to be like a fruity/flowery smelling version of regular jasmine green tea, which is interesting, but like I mentioned before, I don’t like it when the aroma and flavour of teas don’t match – it confuses my expectation for the tasting part, as my taste buds are expecting something much different, even if it is good tea. It’s decent and I will drink it happily, but will be trying something new next time.

205 °F / 96 °C 5 min, 0 sec 2 tsp