Earl's Paradise

Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

From Bluebird Tea Co.

Earl Grey with a papaya + strawberry twist

Ceylon Black Tea, Papaya, Strawberry, Lime, Jasmine, Bergamot

No one at The Nest (Bluebird HQ!) can start the day without a cup of this fruity, refreshing tea. Didn’t think you could improve the classic? We will happily prove you wrong! No words are gong to do it justice, it simply is paradise! Insiders tip: try it black for perfection.

About Bluebird Tea Co. View company

Sipdown! Last cup’s worth of this yesterday evening. Bluebird’s taster packets really are generous — I feel like I’ve been drinking this one for ages! That’s a good thing, because now I’ve worked out how best to prepare this, I’ve come to really love it. My trouble at first was developing the strawberry flavour without over-steeping and getting an astringent base. I finally found an optimum point at around 3.5 minutes, and I didn’t look back from there. I know adding milk to earl grey is a little bit perverse, but I have been with this one. Somehow, it just seems to bring out the creamy strawberry-ness, which is otherwise more or less overpowered by bergamot. Definitely one I’d consider repurchasing, especially in the summer. Great work, Bluebird!

The hubby is home but frozen to the bone and in dire need of a ‘cuppa’. We usually brew Earl Grey to share (it’s our favourite) but tonight’s pot is a twist on the classic. I don’t recall ever trying an Earl Grey with strawberry, papaya or lime before so I have no idea what to expect.

The blend has an amazing strong bergamot and sweet fruit (strawberry being dominant) aroma. Also the fruit pieces look a nice juicy red and yellow colours that add an aesthetically pleasing tea.

Once brewed this tea is burnt orange in colour with a sweet fruity yet dark aroma. The first few sips reveal an interesting Earl Grey blend. You can still taste the classic black tea and bergamot partnership but this also has sweet fruitiness and a rather tropical feel. The kind of Earl Grey I could imagine drinking on my own tropical desert island surrounded by bliss. It has a fair strength and remains smooth with it.

Overall it’s a very pleasant tea that any Earl Grey drinker would enjoy. There are enough classic notes to make even the most sophisticated drinker happy but enough sweet fruity notes to put a smile on the faces of those that like to ride on the wild side. :)

whatshesaid

This sounds delish!

Barbara

Sounds very out of the ordinary. Don’t think I would have dared try this one. Bergamot and strawberries…who would have thought of that… Happy you liked it though ;-)

I had this at work the other day, my last sample from Bluebird Tea Co (boohooo).

I wish I would have thought to bring some of my Davidstea’s Earl’s Garden, because I really like that one, and the two blends are definitely similar.

Unfortunately, (but not really) I did get distracted when drinking this when a coworker who had to leave work a month or two ago due to a cancer diagnosis came in for a visit, I hadn’t seen him since he left work abruptly and it was awesome to see him again.

By the time i got back to my tea I had to finish it cold…. I really did enjoy it though! I would order a small amount to try it again and compare the two. I would have to figure out if they’re different enough to justify having them both. The ingredients are slightly different.

I regret not being able to really pay attention when drinking this one, but…. Not really, given the circumstances :)

Thank you again, Bluebird Tea Co!

I needed an Earl this morning! This blend sounded amazing when I requested some samples from Bluebird. Strawberry, lime, papaya, jasmine, bergamot?? Sadly, this isn’t a tough black tea and it didn’t have much of a bergamot flavor either. I’d say the first hints are strawberry. There really isn’t much of a fruit addition to the blend (pretty much the same as the picture), so I’m not sure how much flavor would be possible from a few tiny pieces of fruit anyway. The black tea doesn’t have much flavor to begin with. This is nice, but not enough of a kick in the morning. It isn’t my favorite from Bluebird. I’m glad I don’t love ALL of their blends though… I would want to order them all!!

I liked this! It’s like a nice earl grey with some sweet fruitiness. Thanks for the sample, Bluebird!!