Bluebird's Great British Cuppa

Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

• “I've had this tea several times prepared in many different ways and I have come to the conclusion that I prefer it prepared under leafed and at lower temperatures. The description describes it as...” Read full tasting note
    yyz 406 tasting notes
  • “I'm convinced I've written a note for this one before. Utterly convinced. Still... I have a huge tin of these at home, because they're such a go-to kind of blend. Easy to drink, easy to brew, no...” Read full tasting note
    Scheherazade 1117 tasting notes
  • “This is a pretty tasty traditional cup of english breakfast right here. I had to drink it the way my mum and dad always taught me to drink tea when I was itty bitty, at breakfast time with milk and...” Read full tasting note
    beelicious 111 tasting notes

From Bluebird Tea Co.

Bluebird’s House Blend – The classic English Breakfast

Indian Assam black tea, Ceylon black tea, Chinese Yunnan tea.

We’ve been around the world in 80 teas with this one! On a mission to bring tea back home and give you, a nation of tea lovers, THE BEST cuppa. Good news… Mission accomplished! Fantastic with your fry up, perfect with a Paddington (marmalade on toast, obviously!) The Great British Cuppa is right here!

About Bluebird Tea Co. View company

I’ve had this tea several times prepared in many different ways and I have come to the conclusion that I prefer it prepared under leafed and at lower temperatures. The description describes it as a great accompaniment to an English Fry up and I have to agree, this tea like some wines really is a tea that goes best with some food preferably rich slightly fatty ones. It is probably a tea that would take milk well.

When I first had this tea I brewed it at boiling for around 4 minutes. The resulting brew smelled of lemon, sweet potatoes, roasted, blackened potatoes, hint of artichoke, spice, and a hint of malt. The brewed tea had a full, thick, mouth feel with a mild to moderate astringency. It tasted of malt mixed with a vegetal note and sweet potatoes, anchoring a citrus mixed with bitter cocoa top note. This is not a particularly sweet tea but more a mix of bitter tones and citrus. A little rugged, this is a tea that would probably do well with additions. With its citrus top notes and it’s coffee like bitter notes I could see how it could compliment a fry up. The tea re-steeped well with the second steep bringing out more cocoa and hints of honey notes.
When steeped at a lower temperature and with less leaf cherry and sweet potato notes are more prominent and the tea has less vegetal notes and lemon, but the other notes and rugged texture remain. The tea remained
moderately astringent. Although this is not my favourite black tea blend, it does have an interesting and varied flavour profile and I am glad that I had the chance to try it.

CHAroma

Wow, that is a lot of flavors in one cup!

Please keep things friendly and .

I’m convinced I’ve written a note for this one before. Utterly convinced. Still…

I have a huge tin of these at home, because they’re such a go-to kind of blend. Easy to drink, easy to brew, no fuss, crowd pleasers. I gave one bag 4 minutes in boiling water, and added milk.

The resulting brew is a pretty solid example of an english breakfast tea. It combines an assam, a ceylon, and an unspecified Chinese black, and (perhaps as you’d expect) it’s sweet and malty, with a hint of citrus brightness. The citrus, to me, is lemon, and it emerges primarily at the end of the sip. For the most part, this has a characteristic sweet potato flavour, with an almost starchy element reminiscent of crispy, roasted white potato which emerges in the mid-sip. It’s hugely malty, with that wonderfully deep, molasses-like flavour that a really good malty black can take on. No sugar required here!

I love this one for indecisive moments, or when I just want a good, solid cup of plain black tea. It’s such a straightforward, no nonsense blend with plenty of flavour – there’s nothing not to love here! Well done, Bluebird!

Please keep things friendly and .

This is a pretty tasty traditional cup of english breakfast right here. I had to drink it the way my mum and dad always taught me to drink tea when I was itty bitty, at breakfast time with milk and sugar and accompanied with crumpets and strawberry jam… ohmigod… talk about a blast from the past!!! Definitely a solid example of a good english breakfast!