Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

From Bluebird Tea Co.

Sencha green tea with cherry and rose petals

Sencha green tea, Rose petals, Cherry

The green tea in this delicate blend is only picked during March every year, the same month the cherry blossoms bloom. One sip of this tea will transport you to a Japanese summer garden overlooking the ocean. Think emerald trees, cherry blossoms, fresh grass and rose petals wafting over the ocean breeze. Bliss.

About Bluebird Tea Co. View company

This is the first of the samples from my second Bluebird order. I love the little packets they come in – so cute! This one actually looks a lot like the Yumchaa Enchanted Forest I’m working my way through at the moment. It’s a sencha, with quite long, flat, folded leaves and a smattering of rose petals. The difference is the addition of cherry blossom, and the fact that this one smells divinely floral and (as you might expect!) strongly of cherry.

Brewed, this smells really marvellous. It’s actually filling my reception area with the scent of cherry blossom! The cherry comes out surprisingly well in the taste as well, although it’s more floral than fruit. Given that this is supposed to be cherry blossom, though, I suppose that’s not too surprising. It’s quite delicate and pleasant, perfect for drinking on a sunny morning. I guess I picked a good day to try this one! There’s a very slight bitterness from the green tea base, although I think that might be my fault for not letting the water cool quite enough. Patience is something I’m still working on when it comes to tea! Ultimately, this is a very pleasant tasting tea. It’s sweet, delicate, and very moreish. I feel slightly disappointed now that I only had a one cup sample. This is definitely a candidate for future orders!

Mike Turner

I don’t have any patience either, so I put cold water in the mug first! I want one of those posh kettles that does it all for you…

This is a fantastically soothing cup of tea, very rich in a velvet cherry taste. Easy to drink and full of subtle fruity notes.