Cococabana Coola

Fruit Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

• “Part of my monthly package from Bluebirds club. It will make a nice drink to aid me while I play Batman Arkham Asylum, I'm playing through Asylum and City again (games one and two) before going for...” Read full tasting note
    KittyLovesTea 1161 tasting notes
  • “I should have known... hibiscus. But the other ingredients sounded so good! I only steeped this one for three minutes, but I could tell right away it would be hibiscus overload since the cup was...” Read full tasting note
    Tea Sipper 1536 tasting notes
  • “I actually drank most of this iced over the bank holiday weekend, but I managed to salvage a couple of cups worth to drink at work today. Iced, the main flavour is papaya, closely followed by...” Read full tasting note
    Scheherazade 1088 tasting notes
  • “a very special name for this tropical blend with a very big load off ingredients... Its my last sample from Bluebird Tea so i'm going to enjoy testing this one out. The small sample contains...” Read full tasting note
    darky 110 tasting notes

From Bluebird Tea Co.

Tropical whole fruit blend – pineapple, papaya + passion fruit

Wish you could be on a tropical beach this summer? This tea is all white sand + blue skies, hot bods + beach balls. Lots of whole fruit pieces including papaya, pineapple + passion fruit…try saying that after a tea cocktail or two! Add a paper umbrella and enjoy it iced too.

About Bluebird Tea Co. View company

Part of my monthly package from Bluebirds club. It will make a nice drink to aid me while I play Batman Arkham Asylum, I’m playing through Asylum and City again (games one and two) before going for Origins/game three).

This blend has a sweet fruity scent that reminds me of tutti fruity bubble gum sweets I had as a child. So fresh and juicy, so many happy memories have been unleashed, It’s amazing what the power of smell can achieve.

The colour once steeped is dark red (from the hibiscus) but it still has the same sweet fruity scent from it’s raw form.

The flavour is rather sour and strongly hibiscus but the upside is the fresh and sweet fruit behind it. As it cools the hibiscus becomes a little stronger. Admittedly this tea smells nicer than it tastes but it’s an a nice cup of tea non the less.

I will have to try this as an iced tea and see if the hibiscus is as strong. This tea is not something I would buy more of.

I should have known… hibiscus. But the other ingredients sounded so good! I only steeped this one for three minutes, but I could tell right away it would be hibiscus overload since the cup was so red. I even threw out a big piece of hibiscus before it went into the infuser. This is why I don’t understand hibiscus in tea blends… hibiscus might as well be the only ingredient because it drowns all the other fun tastes out. This isn’t terrible if you actually like hibiscus. I wouldn’t order this one from Bluebird but I should have known that with the hibiscus in it. Ah well, I appreciated the sample anyway!

Cavocorax

Well, at least you know. Occasionally I don’t mind hibiscus, but I prefer free samples over paying to find out!

I actually drank most of this iced over the bank holiday weekend, but I managed to salvage a couple of cups worth to drink at work today. Iced, the main flavour is papaya, closely followed by hibiscus. I guess that’s understandable, but it seems to lack depth a little bit, given all of the fruit flavours that are in there. I’m hoping this will shine more hot!

Dry, it does smell irresistibly fruity. I can definitely pick out the papaya, passionfruit, mango and orange, and it just screams “tropical”. The summer we’ve been having so far hasn’t been all that wonderful, so it’s nice to have something sunny in my cup if nowhere else! Brewed, this has the tell-tale colour of hibiscus – the ubiquitous pinky-red. Thankfully, though, it doesn’t taste overwhelmingly of hibiscus. The mango contributes a pepperiness, which is very welcome, and cuts through the sweetness of the papaya and passionfruit. There’s a slight citrus tang that I assume is from the orange, and a tartness that’s almost certainly the hibiscus, but no one flavour really dominates. Of all the tropical fruit blends I’ve tried, this is one of the more convincing ones! It’s genuinely fruity and very refreshing. It’s a shame it seemed to lose some of its punch cold, but I’m more than happy to drink it hot – it’s how I prefer my tea anyway! Another great blend from Bluebird!

Boiling 8 min or more

a very special name for this tropical blend with a very big load off ingredients… Its my last sample from Bluebird Tea so i’m going to enjoy testing this one out.

The small sample contains very big pieces off the tropical mix mentioned in the discription “Apple, Hibiscus, Rosehip, Mango, Papaya, Pineapple, Orange, Passionfruit, Corinths, Sunflower Petals”. I’m pretty sure most off them are in the sample but i’m not a hero in discovering all differnt parts when dry! It smells fruit like u could expect.

Making a cup with a brew time off 3min results in a very pink hibiscus colored cup. I don’t mind the hibiscus because i like it most off the time. So i’m going to let my cup cool down a bit so i can taste it!

I’m sipping now but its still a bit to hot to notice all the fruit, for the moment i taste loads off hibiscus. Like the other reviewer said maybe a bit to mutch off it in this blend but i’m not going to judge that until i finish the first and probably a second cup!

have to say i’m a little bit dissapointed in this blend due to the above facts… going to update this review when i drink a second cup later tonight!

Oooh – very fruit! I was hoping more from this because I’ve enjoyed the other bluebird teas, but I think the hibiscus on this is detracting too much from the rest of it. It’s too tart!

of course had I known there was hibiscus in it beforehand I would have steeped it for less. For that reason, I won’t rate this. At 3 minutes, it might have been perfectly balanced, and iced it might have been amazing.

Interesting, most reviewers here don’t like. I do!!!! Thanks Hallieod for sending me this sample.
I steeped this is almost boiling water for quite a while 5+ minutes, then put it in the fridge to cool. I think this is a very good iced tea. I’m not sure I can pick out all the individual fruits, but the end result is very fruity and refreshing. I don’t think it’s overly tart.

Hallieod

Oh good – two you like from Bluebird! I think the anti-hibiscus league has quite a few members here. :)

Dexter

Yep I’m liking Bluebird!!! Thank you for the samples. To each their own, but I am not part of that league. I actually think this could even us a little more to give it a little tartness.

From Kitty´s european travelling tea box, this smelled just heavenly. It smelled fruity, vaguely like cola, and oh so delicious. Checking the blend, I braced myself for hibiscus, and well yes it is is hibiscus. but it did smell to heavenly that even not being an hibiscus lover, well, let´s try this and maybe expand my horizons.

In reality this is not a hibiscus fruit tea for me. It is very hibiscus (even if most of the tea in the strainer seems to be dried apple, lovely lovely dried apple which I am actually eating) and a bit too acid for my taste and there is kinda dusty flavour I can not really identify but might be associated to one of the other dried fruits.