Herbal Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

• “Backlog from Thursday. The second of the samples that came with my first Bluebird order. This one is a herbal, with generous amounts of chamomile (whole flowers, and truly massive at that!),...” Read full tasting note
    Scheherazade 1031 tasting notes
  • “0.9 tablespoons for 248 ml Predominant flavour is lavender with chamomile in the background. Hibiscus is very well blended- I can't pick it out in the blend. There a slight lemony zing which I'm...” Read full tasting note
    Rarity 480 tasting notes

From Bluebird Tea Co.

A soothing, sleepy time blend of chamomile, lavender + rose

Chamomile, Lemon verbena, Hibiscus, Rose petals, Lavender

Put those pesky sheep to bed once and for all with this soothing blend of lavender, chamomile and rose. Perfect before bedtime for a sound night’s sleep. Also nicknamed ’Mother’s Little Helper’ and ‘The Girlfriend Calmer’… it’s a miracle in a cup!

About Bluebird Tea Co. View company

Backlog from Thursday.

The second of the samples that came with my first Bluebird order. This one is a herbal, with generous amounts of chamomile (whole flowers, and truly massive at that!), rose petals, lavender, and lemon verbena. The scent is mostly of chamomile with a hint of rose, so quite sweet and floral. I am tired right now, but I’m having trouble winding down, so hopefully this will help to ease me into sleep!

I gave this four minutes before calling it good. It tastes rather like it smells. Sweet, perfumey, floral, but mostly of chamomile. The lavender is quite prominent, and adds a pleasant edge to this tea. I’m not usually a fan of lavender in tea, so it too me by surprise a little. It’s actually very delicate and not at all overpowering. The rose all but disappears, but that’s perhaps not a bad thing. Lavender and chamomile are strong enough flavours in themselves without having rose to compete with also.

The thing I like most about this is that it smells just like the countryside in summer, which I’m guessing is the effect of the lavender. Lavender is a big thing in Norfolk, so it’s a smell I always asspciate with weekends out in the warmer months. It’s evocative, and I like that in a tea. The flavour is interesting, too. I probably wouldn’t have put chamomile and lavender together, but they work quite well. Especially since the lavender is sweet rather than large and reminsicent of pot pourri.

This probably isn’t one I’d drink regularly, simply because I’m not a fan of floral teas, but I’m glad to have tried it — I’m always willing to challenge my taste buds! Thank you, Bluebird!

good to know this is a floral tea and likely not for me!

0.9 tablespoons for 248 ml

Predominant flavour is lavender with chamomile in the background. Hibiscus is very well blended- I can’t pick it out in the blend. There a slight lemony zing which I’m sure the hibiscus is accentuating.