Edit tea info Last updated by Jason
Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 14 oz / 400 ml

• “Apparently I was in a very "love" oriented mood this afternoon as I ended up making this at the same time I steeped another tea called "Sweet Love". I only noticed after asking my roommate if she...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 1848 tasting notes
  • “my bluebird samples are finally here! long story short since i t appears that work has gotten away from me tonight. this is sort of meh for me. chocolate flavour is nice but there's something...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 4729 tasting notes
  • “Thanks yet again to *Bluebird Tea Co.* for another free sample :) So one thing that I'm very thrilled about with this tea company is that none of the three teas I've tried so far taste anything...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2229 tasting notes
  • “Another sample from Bluebird! So, this tea smells heavenly! Very much a fruity cocoa smell. I didn't see any hearts in my sample...bummer :( This is another Bluebird tea that I think is better...” Read full tasting note
    Tealizzy 481 tasting notes

From Bluebird Tea Co.

Magical mix of strawberry, chocolate, rose + love hearts

Ceylon Black Tea, Vanilla, Cocoa, Rose petals, Papaya, Strawberry, Lime, Jasmine, Calendula, Candy hearts.

So, everyone knows you can’t use magic to get a prince to fall in love with you (did you not see Aladdin!?), but this magical tea is sure to put love in the air. With its chocolate strawberries, rose petals and love heart candies, it tastes so good you will fall in love. We promise (with the tea that is!).

About Bluebird Tea Co. View company

Apparently I was in a very “love” oriented mood this afternoon as I ended up making this at the same time I steeped another tea called “Sweet Love”. I only noticed after asking my roommate if she wanted to try some tea and having to awkwardly tell her such cheesy names. However, I suppose it is the right month to be in the loving spirit.

This tea is definitely in the loving spirit, starting with the dry leaf that has flower petals and cute little heart sprinkles. There is definitely a strong chocolate flavor to this, though it is more reminiscent of a cheap chocolate bar than smooth and creamy chocolate deliciousness. Furthermore, mixed with the floral, I am just finding this a little off-putting for my tastes. Plus, I cannot find the strawberry anywhere :(.

Thank you Scheherazade for the opportunity to try this tea. Alas, it seems I am just not loving the love-inspired flavors.

Roswell Strange

I was gonna make some Love Tea #7 right away… May switch it up though, so we’re not drinking similar teas again ;)

VariaTEA

Haha how does this always happen?

my bluebird samples are finally here! long story short since i t appears that work has gotten away from me tonight. this is sort of meh for me. chocolate flavour is nice but there’s something here that is off putting. Maybe it’s the floral notes. I’m not sure but i’d have to try another taste before really figuring it out. As it cools it tastes significantly better except then it’s cold. lol

Cavocorax

Awww. You waited so long for them too. I hope the other ones are more up your alley!

I think this one was my fault. I’m not used to such small samples lol I have biiiiiiiiig mugs so its easy to get away with the water

Thanks yet again to Bluebird Tea Co. for another free sample :)

So one thing that I’m very thrilled about with this tea company is that none of the three teas I’ve tried so far taste anything like a tea I’ve previously had. They taste unique, which is great (but also terrible) because that means that I’m eager to try out more of their flavours, particularly ones I dismissed as likely being “too similar to other teas I’ve had before”.

So this tea? No exception. I was expecting generic chocolate/florally rose black. Nope, not here. Yes, there’s certainly some chocolate. Dark chocolate. But it’s unlike any chocolate flavour I’ve previously had in tea… darker and more satisfying. And there’s rose, a bit of fruit (strawberry?) and a sort of creaminess…. this kind of is tasting to me like a gourmet truffle of some sort. Like… a truffle I would like more of. There’s almost an alcoholic taste here as well, like a liqueur-filled chocolate… but not too intense that it puts me off.

Uh… so this one’s really good… debating just drinking up the other sample of two I have of it that were technically supposed to be for other people… (I kid… kind of… :P)

ETA: Like Tealizzy, I didn’t see any candy hearts in my sample – but I would really prefer it that way, as I dislike their presence in tea. The rose petals make this one pretty enough!

Fuzzy_Peachkin

Your description puts this right on my shopping list! A more satisfying chocolate tea? Most chocolate teas just leave me craving a hot chocolate.

Kittenna

Well, it’s certainly not like hot chocolate, but the chocolate here is richer than usual, and tastes less like flavouring and more like real chocolate, which helps.

Lindsey

Have you tried DavidsTea Love Tea #7? It’s a floral chocolate-strawberry black tea, also, so I’m curious to see how they compare.

Kittenna

I have, but to be honest I can’t remember exactly how they compare. I’d be tempted to say that I prefer this one, however.

Lindsey

Okay, good to know! I placed an order with Bluebird just last night, but will have to keep it mind for my next order.

Another sample from Bluebird! So, this tea smells heavenly! Very much a fruity cocoa smell. I didn’t see any hearts in my sample…bummer :( This is another Bluebird tea that I think is better without milk. Strange, since I usually take my black teas with milk. The cocoa note is really nice!!! It is also fruity, but I couldn’t really discern which fruit. There’s a little floral note too. Overall, it was good, but not my favorite combination. I think people who like fruity chocolate teas will really like it though.

I’ve been drinking this tea all week and haven’t written a note yet! Shame on me.

This is no generic fruity chocolate tea. This is a decadent spoil-me chocolate tea that I’m really glad I chanced on. The chocolate flavor is cocoa-y and natural, like a really smooth dark chocolate. It’s got that little bit of a chocolate liqueur note (which some good dark chocolate itself seems to have, so it’s completely welcome here), that I’d imagine with milk would probably remind me of something like Godiva Chocolate Liqueur.

Then there’s a layer of floral flavor from the rose that really satisfies the sweet element I found myself wanting here, followed by a fruit lift that hits me as strawberry.

Like the the other two reviews, I also did not have any hearts in my package. I really don’t think it needs them, for taste or appearance as this tea already excels in both.

Mike Turner

There are hearts in there… Must not make it in to the sample packs!

moraiwe

Hmm. I have the full size baggie, and thought I rustled it up enough each time to get some out if they were in there! I’ll have to do a more thorough check when I get home!

whatshesaid

Sounds tasty!

moraiwe

Most definitely!

I am a fiend for comparisons when they’re presented to me, and having samples of both this blend and DAVIDsTEA’s Love Tea #7 in the house was too good to pass up an evening of fierce competition. I’ve been waiting for ages for the right moment; tonight seemed perfect, a reward after a killer home-cooked steak and scotch main course.

Sometimes I don’t like awarding the victory to the big guy but in this case I can’t help it, Love Tea #7’s got me. Despite very similar ingredients, I don’t find enough OOMPH in Bluebird’s lovely take. It’s very clear to me when tasting them side by side that this tea shines in the floral compared to David’s chocolate and berry notes… and in these stakes, chocolate and berry win my love.

Still, this is a lovely tea. I think it’s best served black with a touch of sugar to bring out those sweet, sweet florals. Thanks to Scheherazade for the sample!

I can’t remember whether I’ve ever logged this one properly. Something tells me not. Brewing, it smells wonderfully of warm, melted chocolate. The dry mix is really pretty, and well suited to a tea called love potion — rose petals, heart candies, a touch of sparkle…

The first sip of this one reminds me of Adagio’s Ripe for Romance. The chocolate is better here, though – less artificial tasting, and more silky and natural. It actually gives this tea a slightly thick, luxurious mouthfeel, although without being oily. The strawberry is subtle, but adds a fruity, fresh, summery sweetness to the middle of the sip. The strawberry is another very natural flavour.

I tried this one with milk first off, but I imagine it would be equally palatable without. That’s probably something I’ll move towards as spring develops. I’m impressed with this one, and I can see myself drinking it happily this spring/summer.

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 1 tsp

So basically I love this tea. I have a lot of little candy hearts in mine, as well as rose petals, which just make it really really pretty. I have mentioned this before in another review, but Bluebird teas always seem to be beautiful. It also smells amazing, like fragrant perfume-y chocolate fruitiness. Which is pretty much what it is…
In the cup, the smell mellows out a little but stays mostly the same, only with black tea scent underneath.

What I really love about Bluebird’s black tea base is that it doesn’t seem to get bitter, no matter how much you forget about it. I left the leaves in my cup for over 10 minutes, and there wasn’t even the slightest hint of bitterness, and the oversteep just allowed the other flavours to develop more fully.

Plain – it tastes exactly as it smells, and I mean exactly. Even my partner pointed this out, and he hardly ever even agrees to taste a tea after smelling it. At first, the tea tastes like a strawberry dipped in dark chocolate, and the black tea base just seems to make the whole thing more smooth. The rose flavour really comes through in the aftertaste, and possibly because of the sweetness from the candy hearts, reminded me of powdered Turkish delight. Great for me, as I love dessert teas.

With milk – after adding milk, the flavours became more muted and subtle, but still very definitely present. I think I might prefer it this way, as although I love the flavours, I think they might become a bit cloying after a whole mug of it plain. The chocolate taste is probably the most subdued by the addition of milk, but there’s still a hint of it there.

With milk and sugar – the taste does not change at all by the addition of sugar, it just becomes much much sweeter. In my opinion, the candy hearts make this tea sweet enough to begin with, and adding sugar just made it too sweet for me. I still finished the mug, though, because even over-sweetened, this tea is just so good.

This is definitely a tea that I will be repurchasing from Bluebird, and I might have to make room for it in my next order.

Boiling 8 min or more 1 tsp 14 OZ / 400 ML