Pandalicious Liquorice

Herbal Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

• “Had this sample from bluebird last night. It was pretty good. It kind of reminded me of mother's little helper. The peppermint definitely dominated, but it was also soothing (maybe due to the...” Read full tasting note
    Tealizzy 575 tasting notes
  • “The second of the samples from my second Bluebird order. This one smells beautifully herbal dry; sweet, floral and minty all at the same time. I can see whole chamomile flowers, pieces of liquorice...” Read full tasting note
    Scheherazade 1031 tasting notes

From Bluebird Tea Co.

All the super herbs you could ever need in this cleansing, calming blend

Chamomile, Liquorice, Peppermint, Ginger.

Congratulations to Nam who won our name the tea competition with her ‘Pandalicious’ choice. We’re not sure if pandas love liquorice tea but we certainly do! Big chunks of ginger, fresh cut peppermint leaves + whole camomile flowers make a cleansing, calming, caffeine free super tea, super any time of day!

About Bluebird Tea Co. View company

Had this sample from bluebird last night. It was pretty good. It kind of reminded me of mother’s little helper. The peppermint definitely dominated, but it was also soothing (maybe due to the chamomile?) I haven’t had straight chamomile tea, so I’m not sure. I would have liked a little more liquorice flavor, though. Overall, It’s a good night-time tea.

The second of the samples from my second Bluebird order. This one smells beautifully herbal dry; sweet, floral and minty all at the same time. I can see whole chamomile flowers, pieces of liquorice root, and peppermint leaves among the dry mix, and it’s just so pretty to look at!

To taste, this isn’t quite as sweet as I feared. My last experience with a liquorice tea was Teapigs Liquorice and Peppermint, which is majorly sweet. I kept a close eye on this while it was brewing, but even so, this one is much more palatable. Chamomile is the dominant taste, followed by peppermint. It’s a combination I’ve tried before, and it’s by no means a bad one. The ginger is a bit lost, though. I was hoping I’d really be able to taste it, but it’s hard to pick out at all.

Apart from being less sweet than I thought it was going to be, this one isn’t really wowing me. It’s made me reconsider liquorice tea for the future, since I know now that they’re not all hellishly sweet. Chamomile and peppermint is a combination I’ve tried before, though, and there’s nothing particularly special about it here. If only the ginger was more discernible, then I think it would be really something. This probably isn’t one I’d buy for myself, but I’m glad to have had the opportunity to try it. Thank you, Bluebird!