Lemon Sherbet

Fruit Green Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Starfevre

From Bluebird Tea Co.

Green tea + lemon is a classic. In true Bluebird style we have done it a bit different! Sweet + tangy like sherbet on your tongue + two types of lemon to make your mouth water with delight. Another fantastic blend to add to our traditional sweet collection.

Ingredients: Chinese green tea, Lemon verbena, Lemon peel, Stevia, Natural Flavour.

About Bluebird Tea Co. View company

The last tea to try from my monthly club package. I did intend to try using this as a morning tea but unfortunately this morning my stomach was too raw to drink tea. Still I could do with a kick of energy so perhaps it will make an equally good afternoon pick me up tea.

The blend looks green and herbal, lots of light green lemon verbena and only a light sprinkle of dark green tea leaves. All roughly chopped together. It smells strongly like lemon with a creamy yet sour undertone.

Once steeped the tea is gold in colour with a rich lemon verbena scent. Not as sour as expected, more creamy than sour.

Flavour is not as strong as it’s scent and if I’m completely honest I cannot taste anything sweet or sour enough to be considered sherbet like. It’s just missing something, perhaps a touch of sugar and hibiscus?

So sherbet it is not but it is a nice green tea and lemon verbena blend. Gentle, creamy and fresh tasting lemon with a wonderful citrus after taste. I love lermon verbena teas and this is a nice blend, not too strong nor too weak but a nice balance inbetween the two.

I my try this with a little sugar next time to see if any sherbet comes out in the flavour.

There was only ONE tasting note for this blend, other than KittyLovesTea who just happened to send me a sample (thank you so much!), so thought I’d remedy that! This was one of the Bluebird blends that were discontinued. It’s a nice blend, but at Bluebird, this blend has some tough competition. The green tea itself is a little odd – it looks like tree leaves you’d see out in the yard. It does have a nice lemon scent and flavor to it from the verbena. The green tea doesn’t get bitter and pairs well with the lemon. It’s good but I’ll start crying if some of my other Bluebird favorites disappear before I get to order. bluebirdteaco.com
Steep #1 // 30 min after boiling // 3 min steep
Steep #2 // 32 min after boiling // 4 min

Mike Turner

Good news… We just recontinued it, along with Gingerbread Chai!