Enchanted Narnia

Herbal Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Starfevre

• “So, let's be clear. I steer away from floral blends. So why did I purchase a tea that has, literally, small rosebuds in it? The billing of "turkish delight", of course. The fact that Bluebird is...” Read full tasting note
    MissB_Tea 1119 tasting notes
  • “I was writing a tasting note for this one, then Safari crashed on my iPad and my iPad's battery died. I didn't want to get my computer out and then I realized I could log it on the app on my...” Read full tasting note
    dinosara 1979 tasting notes
  • “I grabbed this tea from the traveling tea box that was sent my way recently. It looked very interesting -- little rosebuds tucked away in a little plastic bag. I have certainly enjoyed the teas...” Read full tasting note
    QueenOfTarts 533 tasting notes
  • “My Bluebird Tea Co. order finally came in!!!!! And I brewed this up this morning. I have to say I was very intrigued by this tea, hence why I ordered it. The second steep was better than the first....” Read full tasting note
    Mnoelle225 206 tasting notes

From Bluebird Tea Co.

Rosebuds, Cocoa shells, Rose Petals, Lemongrass, Raspberry Leaves

‘Put the Turkish Delight down, Get out of that wardrobe + get the kettle on Edmund!’ said Lucy… Well perhaps we have paraphrased a little there. But we’re pretty sure that’s what she was thinking. Enchanted rose + smooth chocolate make an enchanting brew indeed

About Bluebird Tea Co. View company

So, let’s be clear. I steer away from floral blends. So why did I purchase a tea that has, literally, small rosebuds in it? The billing of “turkish delight”, of course. The fact that Bluebird is run by Canadian expats in the UK also helps.

Out of the bag, this smells like chocolate roses. Steeped I got little smell out of it. Taste-wise… I’m confused. I want to like it. I want to taste turkish delight. And yet? I add some Truvia. Okay, now I get turkish delight, the kind that’s been imbued with some form of light floral flavoring. It’s still a touch rose-y for me, however I can get past that.

Fans of turkish delight dipped in a light layer of chocolate that don’t mind floral blends will like this. Or, little girls who want high tea with something really, really pretty. Seriously, the little rosebuds are ADORABLE.

Dinosara

Ooh, I need to try this one! It sounds perfect for me.

Tuscanteal

I just love the name… takes me back to being a kid

MissB

Great name and really fun idea for a tea. Dinosaura, I will gladly send you the rest of what I have, although that may only be a few cups’ worth.

Dinosara

I may have to take you up on that! Maybe we can do a swap post-holidays. :)

MissB

Sounds like a great idea to me. :)

1979 tasting notes

I was writing a tasting note for this one, then Safari crashed on my iPad and my iPad’s battery died. I didn’t want to get my computer out and then I realized I could log it on the app on my phone.

Still, I’m not going to write a long post with my thumbs. This will be a quick note to say that I really enjoyed this tea and it really lives up to the rose and chocolate notes. Yum. Thanks so much to MissB for sending me this one and I will write a more detailed note later.

I grabbed this tea from the traveling tea box that was sent my way recently. It looked very interesting — little rosebuds tucked away in a little plastic bag. I have certainly enjoyed the teas from Bluebird Tea Co. and I don’t mind the ingredients in this blend. It doesn’t smell the best after it’s steeped: herbal, a little soapy and a bit of rose.

Sipping… hm.. this is pretty interesting. It’s very smooth despite it having some ingredients that could potentially make it a little sharp or strong. I definitely taste the rosebuds, but they’re not over the top. The lemongrass is present, but lingers in the background and lends more of an earthy/herbal note to the cup. I can’t taste the cocoa shells which is a little sad, but there really weren’t too many so I can see why.

I’d say that this is a solid cup of tea. It’s nice, creative and calming. I don’t think it’s my favorite from Bluebird Tea Co. and I’m not sure if it’s going to be in a future order, but I’m indeed happy with this blend tonight. Lovely!

MissB

I just received some of this myself today, and was also surprised at the little tiny rosebuds. I’m a bit scared to try it now, however after this review maybe I’ll give it a go.

QueenOfTarts

You should definitely give this one a try. It smells interesting, but is very smooth and not overwhelming.

My Bluebird Tea Co. order finally came in!!!!! And I brewed this up this morning. I have to say I was very intrigued by this tea, hence why I ordered it. The second steep was better than the first. You can definitely taste the aroma of the rose buds if you have ever had rose tea before but I love the pairing with the cocoa. The lemongrass is a good base for the tea, very subtle… I did not taste he note of raspberry that say are blended in. But other than that i like this blend and can’t wait to try my other bag from them along with the 3 samples they sent:)

Thank you Dinosara for a sample of this one! Have to try all the Bluebirds! I love that they have some book themed teas. This one sounds lovely: chocolate and rose… the lemongrass and raspberry leaves sounded a little out of place. The taste is great though! The leaves themselves smell like they were infused with rose. I didn’t want the first steep to be too long as I wasn’t sure if the raspberry leaves would make it terrible as they tend to ruin teas if steeped too long. I didn’t taste any raspberry leaves at all. Instead there is a perfect balance of rose (from the infused flavor) and chocolate from my favorite chocolate ingredient in tea: cocoa shells! I could have used more cocoa shells, but maybe that was just my sample. Why isn’t chocolate infused with rose a thing? And if it is, why don’t I know about it? The lemongrass made itself known just enough to give the first steep some character. The second steep seemed to have much more of a lemongrass flavor that made it very lemony like lemon myrtle – drowning out the other flavors. I think the first cup was steeped perfectly though. I love the idea of a chocolate rose tea, so I could have done without the other ingredients but this is another great Bluebird blend. Hurry up holiday teas!
Steep #1 // few min after boiling // 3 min
Steep #2 // just boiled // 7+ min

Another Friday, another wonderful parcel full of tea samples, this time from Scheherazade! So exciting.

I had to pop this one open for an evening cup. Yum. This is just what I was hoping it would be. I kept a little smidge of sugar on the side in case I felt like I was going to need it, though after tasting the tea it was just fine for me as it was. I threw a bit of sugar in toward the end just to see how much it may have changed things, and it really did pop the drink from being a cup of Turkish delight – inspired herbal tea to being a liquid block of pink jelly. Got it.

I’m going to see if I can sneak a bit of T2 Cocoa Loco into my next sample of Enchanted Narnia and really draw that chocolate flavour out, too. Drive myself a bit crazy. Ok, time for bed. Delicious bed.

Thanks again Sarah! Super keen to work my way through all these awesome teas.

Boiling 2 tsp 12 OZ / 350 ML
Scheherazade

Glad you liked it :)

I haven’t had this one in a while, so I pulled it out for last night’s pre-bedtime cup. It’s an interesting one — the main flavour is lemongrass, but there’s also a strong element of hot chocolate. It’s creamy tasting, with strong hints of cocoa, a touch or rose…and lemon. I’m not really getting turkish delight, and I do find the lemon a slightly odd combination with cocoa and rose, but it’s a unique experience all the same. A bit like Narnia, I suppose!

Boiling 3 min, 30 sec 1 tsp

I love this tea so much that it inspired me to bake a cake that tastes like it.

And oh daaaaaaaaaamn, it was GOOD.

Memily