Spiced Pumpkin Pie

Edit tea info Last updated by Cavocorax
Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 12 oz / 354 ml

From Bluebird Tea Co.

The perfect spiced Autumn chai

Spooks are super at spooking, ghouls are good for ghouling + pumpkins are good for, well, pie actually. We’re not quite sure how they got mixed up in all that Halloween lark. Wrong place, wrong

time? All we know for sure is that they make a mean pie with cinnamon, ginger and cloves…. spooked or spiced? You decide.

Check out our recipe for the perfect spiced pumpkin chai latte to make at home!

Ceylon Black Tea, Ceylon black tea, Carrot, Candy bats and pumpkins, Cinnamon, Ginger, Cloves

Approx 35 cups of Happiness (80g)

About Bluebird Tea Co. View company

And that’s the end of this one! (91)

It’s funny that I did my pumpkin pie tea-off, and then finished off the pumpkin teas that were my least favourite, while completely ignoring the Della Terra one that I really did enjoy. :P

I guess now that this and DAVIDsTEA’s pumpkin chai are out of the way, I can focus on the better one?

I’ve increased my rating on this one, because the more I drink it, the more I love it. It’s the most perfect pumpkin tea I’ve come across so far…smooth, lovely squash flavour, savoury, with a hint of creaminess and light spicing. There’s even a buttery pastry note, although it’s sometimes a little difficult to coax out. Even so, this is pretty close to my idea of tea heaven. I enjoy every cup!

Boiling 3 min, 45 sec 1 tsp
Courtney

This one is awesome! I hope they bring it back next year.

I’ve been drinking this tea for a week or so but haven’t yet logged a review.

It smells strongly of clove and cinnamon spice. It’s like having a warm hug from Autumn as I sniff it.

Flavour wise it’s of medium strength which features a malty yet smoky black taste, refreshing but not too strong clove, a pinch of spicy cinnamon and a sweet squash/pumpkin flavour. It’s a subtle pumpkin tea with the focus being on the spice itself but with that said I still very much like this blend.

A drop of soy milk in my second cup adds a nice creamy flavour and texture. It also smooths out the clove and it tastes more cardamom like now.

I think this is a very nice Autumn tea and I’m glad I bought a pack to try. :)

KittyLovesTea sent over a sample of this one! I really appreciate it – thank you! This turned into yet another blend I LOVE from Bluebird… another one I can’t resist ordering ONE day. This one actually tastes like pumpkin even though it’s actually carrot! But Bluebird does get an E for Effort, since most tea companies would just throw some spices and call it pumpkin. But yes, somehow it actually does taste like pumpkin. The adorable sprinkles give it a bit of sweetness (like the sweetness in pie). The spices are the perfect amount to balance the flavors to the amount that would even be in a pumpkin pie! It’s a wonderful balance and Bluebird are definitely good at what they do. Also, I could be recalling it wrong, but this also seems like a tougher black tea base than usual and I like it! The flavor is a bit stronger anyway! A very nice blend here! The second steep was nice too. One of my favorite pumpkin blends. (Della Terra’s Pumpkin Pie would still top this one though, but not by much!)

Courtney

She sent me some too! I also loved it, but I couldn’t find it on their website. Sigh.

Tea Sipper

It’s probably seasonal! I’d have to time my order to get the Halloween and Christmas blends then, if that’s even possible!

Courtney

That’s what I figured. Pout. I really only like the Vicki’s Sponge Cake and this one so far – I don’t have enough to hit the shipping threshold so I’ll have to try as many as possible in time for Halloween haha.

Tea Sipper

Some others I really liked: Rhubarb Custard, Christmas Cake, Hot Mama Jama, Bonfire Toffee and definitely Vicki’s Sponge Cake!

Courtney

I’ll keep those ones in mind :) Was the a smoky element to Bonfire Toffee at all?

Tea Sipper

My tasting note says I didn’t notice any smoke but that might be because I like smoky teas and I like a lot. :D

Courtney

Haha okay okay. I’ll keep that in mind. Thanks for all the suggestions!

MissB

I wasn’t a fan of the Bonfire Toffee myself, and have yet to find one Bluebird that really calls to me, although Christmas Cake (that KittyLovesTea also sent me!) was quite lovely if you like spice fruit cake.

KittyLovesTea sent such a generous amount of this tea, I’ve been able to enjoy it again and again. I wish more pumpkin teas were available year-round. This one is so tasty.

Did anyone else’s parents put apples or pears in the edges of grilled cheese sanwiches growing up? My mom always did, but when I made J a grilled cheese he was astounded at this.

Now I will enjoy this delicious tea with my grilled cheese sandwich with apple. :)

__Morgana__

I did not have the grilled cheese experience but it sounds delish.

Stephanie

Never had it as a kid but totally love it as an adult :)

Suziqzer

I’ve never heard of it, but sounds like a good combo. We like to dip apples in our cheese fondue.. Sweet & salty= Yum!

Another company I’ve considered an order with. Like their apple strudel & this sounds good too.

Courtney

It’s delicious! I occasionally check out their website, but I can never quite reach the free shipping threshold, so I’m holding off for now.

Suziqzer

I was considering doing their monthly box for a bit. You can request teas you would like to try and they take that into consideration when they ship to you.

I love when companies have great sales or free shipping for a time.. I’m a sucker for a good buy !

Courtney

I didn’t even know they had a monthly box hah! There are very few teas I want to order from them, ahem 2, haha! Free shipping sales suck me in too hah.

Suziqzer

I just stumbled on it when I was looking at their site. It’s called their “tasting club”. You get 3 samples (8-10 cups each) every month. I haven’t decided if I’d rather do that or just order a couple I think we would like.

Courtney

Neat! I have yet to sign up for any monthly clubs, but I’ll have to check out their website.

Courtney

Ooh the prices include postage! That in it itself makes it more tempting.

Thanks Scheherazade for including this in our swap!

I love pumpkin teas, but often I find the pumpkin is missing and all you get is the spices. But with the tea, the pumpkin is the most prominent with the spices taking the back seat. One of the best pumpkin teas I’ve tried, wish I could purchase this easily :(

Tea Sipper

Oh I will def be ordering from Bluebird when the autumn and holiday teas are available at the same time.. hope that’s possible. I keep saying it will be the only teas I order for the rest of the year… yeah right.

Another sample treat from Scheherazade — I feel VERY privileged to have received some of her hoard of this particularly considering her recent notes for the tea! Thanks again Sarah :D

This one is absolutely delicious. I’m continuing on my milk + honey run for black flavoured teas and it’s just win, win, win all the way. Sweet and creamy and hints of chai spices make this a super cosy tea, perfect for the current Tasmanian weather as the autumn slide to winter continues on with full crisp force.

Speaking of Tasmania, as an Antipodean I wasn’t born and raised on pumpkin being a sweet flavour, but more of a savoury dish. With the boom of American-style dining down here I’ve learnt to embrace pumpkin pie and this tea is helping too… but it’s hard to change over 25yrs of “main course” pumpkin thoughts. Are we weirdos, or are you lot? ;)

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML
Sami Kelsh

I grew up in a land where pumpkin pie has long been a delicious cold-weather treat, but for years I refused to try it because the whole idea was anathema to my conception of, like, both pumpkins and pie. Then when I finally did cave and try a slice out of I-need-sugar-in-my-body-NOW desperation, I was sold. It’s also really gorgeous in these moist little spiced muffins we like to make in the autumn.

We’re ALL weirdos, but I say embrace new uses for awesome ingredients! :3

Memily

Righto, adding moist little spiced muffins to my to-make list, and ASAP—being that I’m right in the middle of autumn!