Apple Strudel

Fruit Herbal Rooibos Blend
Cinnamon
Edit tea info Last updated by KittyLovesTea

• “Sorry for the lack of posts but I have been unwell and unable to stomach any tea. Nothing serious, just a bug that has been going around. This tea was part of my monthly club package that I...” Read full tasting note
    KittyLovesTea 1154 tasting notes
  • “Surprised I had yet to crack this in my cupboard, considering I've got another Apple Strudel tea (Tea Gschwendner) that I love. Brewing this is a bit tricky, or at least it was for me. The...” Read full tasting note
    MissB_Tea 1157 tasting notes
  • “Really enjoyed a cup of this before bed last night. The scent is amazing -- it's like freshly warmed apple strudel, just as its name promises, and the flavour comes out surprisingly well in the...” Read full tasting note
    Scheherazade 1086 tasting notes
  • “I had a cup of this last night since I was craving the flavor even though my taste buds are not working well with the cold I have. Seem to be a little better every day, but I'm done with it...” Read full tasting note
    Suziqzer 180 tasting notes

From Bluebird Tea Co.

Rooibos, Cinnamon, Apple pieces, Freeze-dried apple, Orange peel, Lemon peel, Hibiscus, Rosehip, Flavour

About Bluebird Tea Co. View company

This tea was part of my monthly club package that I have yet to try. The base is Rooibos and quite thick but large chunks of fruit and cinnamon bark are clearly noticeable. Smell wise it’s sweet apple, raisins and cinnamon with a baked pastry aroma, not sure where that is coming from but it smells delicious. It’s been a long time since I had any sort of sweet pastry. :(

Once steeped the tea is red brown in colour with a delicious sweet, sticky apple strudel pasty. Much nicer than the raw form and I didn’t think that was possible.

In flavour I can taste light and sweet with notes of apple, raisin, cinnamon and subtle hints of pastry. I think the pastry is present mostly because of a sweet almost buttery flavour that I cannot work out. The ingredients list things that I cannot detect at all such as orange, lemon and hibiscus.

My husband is a fan too, says it really does taste like apple strudel (and he rarely ever likes sweet teas). Another hit, not one of my favourites but a nice treat from time to time when I crave apple.

Surprised I had yet to crack this in my cupboard, considering I’ve got another Apple Strudel tea (Tea Gschwendner) that I love.

Brewing this is a bit tricky, or at least it was for me. The apple pieces were all stuck together, and they basically clung to the rooibos. I decided to make two cups at once so that I could get one teaspoon of apple pieces and one of the rest of the ingredients.

Steeped (and I steeped it too long) there’s definitely an apple strudel feel and taste. Having said that, the apples are tasting like there’s a chemical base (odd, considering I can see the apple pieces), and the rooibos is mighty strong. I’m finding I have issues with some red rooibos, and unfortunately this is one of them.

Boiling 8 min or more

Really enjoyed a cup of this before bed last night. The scent is amazing — it’s like freshly warmed apple strudel, just as its name promises, and the flavour comes out surprisingly well in the taste as well.

There’s a lot of apple in here — so much that the rooibos is sticking to it, and it comes out of the packet in clumps rather than smooth, free flowing loose tea. I actually quite like that about it — it’s not like the clumps are huge, and they look a bit like crumble topping. Funny how my mind works. Anyway, the taste here is pretty much dead-on apple strudel. There’s even that slightly gelatinous taste to the apples, like they’re in a thick, sugary sauce. I can taste something that reminds me of pastry, too, although I can’t quite put my finger on what it is that’s making me think that way. The spicing is perfect. Subtle enough that the apple shines through, and is the real star, but still easily tasteable. The rooibos here is a pretty good match too, I think. It has just the right herbally/woody aspect to offset the sweet, tart apple.

I love this, in short. So much that I think I’m going to have another cup tonight, rather than moving on to another rooibos/herbal tea. This is going to make a wonderful addition to my bedtime rotation this winter! Great stuff, Bluebird!

yyz

sounds awesome!

I had a cup of this last night since I was craving the flavor even though my taste buds are not working well with the cold I have. Seem to be a little better every day, but I’m done with it already!

I happily sipped away on this with the little I could taste… It hit the spot. Warm, sweet, cinnamony (I know, it’s not a word). This one may make my list of things to order at some point… Thanks MissB for the introduction.

Flavors: Cinnamon

The last of my sample from Scheherazade — thank you! I’ve really enjoyed this.

Today I brewed it with a bit of milk and sugar, after having to accept that not every single tea will shine best as a plain unsweetened beast. I’m being rewarded for my milk and sugar efforts today! This was a delicious dessert treat.

Sami Kelsh

Yum. I honestly find a lot of flavoured teas do shine best with a touch of sugar added. It just draws out the flavours a little more, I think.

Memily

I think you might be right! And milk can enhance the creaminess. Darn, trust me to have a lot of flavoured black favourites…