Mowgli's Fire Chai

Chai Fruit Rooibos Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Scheherazade

From Bluebird Tea Co.

Rooibos, Dried apple, Hibiscus, Rosehip, Ginger, Cinnamon, Dried Coconut, Pineapple pieces, Coconut flakes, Chili, Natural Flavour.

Mowgli has been foraging in the Indian jungle to find tropical mango, pineapple + coconut to add to our unusual, but oh so good, blend of juicey fruit + kicking spice! A dash of firey chili should be enough to keep Shere Khan the tiger at bay!

About Bluebird Tea Co. View company

The last tea from my monthly club package.

This blend smells strongly of coconut and pineapple with a hint of spice. Like a fruity yet sour chai, strange but in a good way.

My first sip had strong coconut and pineapple flavours which matched it’s scent but in the after taste there was a strong burning sensation and dryness. Basically when it says fire it means it. It’s not too strong and thankfully it quickly subsides but it is certainly one of the spiciest Chai’s I have tried.

The more I drink the more I’m getting into it. The pineapple has increased in strength to create a spicy cinnamon and chilli pineapple medley in my mouth. Also the coconut is becoming a little creamier now it’s cooling. Yummy.

I’m still not completely over my cold, so I’m limiting the “good” tea I drink because I know I just can’t taste it right now. I made an exception for this one, though, because I have a large bag, and because it sounds perfectly suited to a sore throat. Chili!

I used 1.5 tsp of leaf, because it’s quite chunky. The dry mix smells strongly of tropical fruit — all coconut and pineapple. I left it for the recommended 4 minutes in boiling water, and returned to a medium red-brown liquor.

First sip, and it’s the fruit that comes out most clearly. I can taste pineapple first, then a creamy coconut. It’s fairly fleeting, though, and after that initial hit, I can taste mostly tart/sour hibiscus. Fruity, though, in a chutney sort of way. The chili develops primarily in the aftertaste, and it does have a bit of a burn to it. It nice and warming in the mouth and throat, as perfect as I’d hoped for a lingering cold! With every fresh sip, the sweetness of the initial fruit returns, the natural sweetness augmented by the sour hibi/spicy chili elements that have gone before.

This is a pretty perfect tea for this time of year. Warming, yet with a reminder of summer still lingering in the taste of the tropical fruit. I’ve had a few bad experiences with chili chai blends, but this is fortunately one of the ones that’s “just right”. Yum!

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 1 tsp

Additional notes: Another sipdown. So many sipdowns of good teas lately… including many Bluebird samples. I wish I could buy so so many of their teas, including this one. I love it. It reminds me of a spicy fruity chutney… but I’ve never had chutney. But I love the idea of chutney. The Butiki Pumpkin milkshake sample I finished today was better than I remembered too.

Kittenna

I love it when my tastebuds are having a great day, and everything tastes better than I remember! Happens infrequently, but sooooo lovely when it does :)

Tea Sipper