Mowgli's Fire Chai

Chai Fruit Rooibos Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Scheherazade

From Bluebird Tea Co.

Rooibos, Dried apple, Hibiscus, Rosehip, Ginger, Cinnamon, Dried Coconut, Pineapple pieces, Coconut flakes, Chili, Natural Flavour.

Mowgli has been foraging in the Indian jungle to find tropical mango, pineapple + coconut to add to our unusual, but oh so good, blend of juicey fruit + kicking spice! A dash of firey chili should be enough to keep Shere Khan the tiger at bay!

About Bluebird Tea Co. View company

The last tea from my monthly club package.

This blend smells strongly of coconut and pineapple with a hint of spice. Like a fruity yet sour chai, strange but in a good way.

My first sip had strong coconut and pineapple flavours which matched it’s scent but in the after taste there was a strong burning sensation and dryness. Basically when it says fire it means it. It’s not too strong and thankfully it quickly subsides but it is certainly one of the spiciest Chai’s I have tried.

The more I drink the more I’m getting into it. The pineapple has increased in strength to create a spicy cinnamon and chilli pineapple medley in my mouth. Also the coconut is becoming a little creamier now it’s cooling. Yummy.

I received this one from KittyLovesTea a while back! Thanks so much! This one seems inspired. A fruity spicy blend… first sips remind me of a fruity chutney of some kind. I’m always thinking of chutney but I’ve never been able to try any! Right away, the scent of the coconut does seem a little old. I think Bluebird should stop using the coconut because this is the second tea I’ve had from them today where the coconut wasn’t fresh enough. No fault of theirs, but I like treasuring the good teas and coconut seems to go bad fast. Otherwise, I can smell something like apple which is in the flavor and some other fruits. There is also some chili powder that adds some heat… the perfect amount of spice in the two teaspoons I used for this cup. I didn’t really notice much flavor from the typical chai spices. The rooibos isn’t the tiny throat busting kind, so everything else in the blend is more noticeable. The second steep had nice flavor too. A fruity spicy cup is very unique and this one is tasty!
Steep #1 // 2 tsps. // just boiled // 4 min