Christmas Cake

Black Food Fruit Herbal Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Scheherazade

• “100% spice cake, maybe with a hint of dried fruit in there, the kind that goes with those uber-heavy Christmas cakes. It's a bit surprising how accurate the flavoring is, down to the breadiness of...” Read full tasting note
    MissB_Tea 1108 tasting notes
  • “Sipdown! Enjoyed the last two cups of this while watching Death Comes to Pemberly last night. I'm still pretty in awe of how much this actually tastes like Christmas cake. It's fruity, rich,...” Read full tasting note
    Scheherazade 907 tasting notes
  • “I just HAD to try this one today anyway, for Christmas! The Bluebird minty tea today made my headache disappear! thanks so much for both of them, KittyLovesTea! :D The ingredients sounded so...” Read full tasting note
    Tea Sipper 1291 tasting notes

From Bluebird Tea Co.

This tea is possibly our best yet! Not only does it combine our three favourite things: tea, cake and Christmas! It also has real life actual Christmas tree in it! As if that wasn’t enough it has little candy snowflakes. Still not impressed? Well brew it up and watch it sparkle like icicles!

Ingredients: Ceylon black tea, Vanilla pieces, Almond pieces, Cinnamon, Cloves, Orange Peel, Spruce needles, Snowflake sprinkles, Stevia.

To brew the perfect cup: 1 heaped teaspoon per cup, 100° water, 4 mins, with or without milk.

About Bluebird Tea Co. View company

100% spice cake, maybe with a hint of dried fruit in there, the kind that goes with those uber-heavy Christmas cakes. It’s a bit surprising how accurate the flavoring is, down to the breadiness of the taste (although missing in the mouthfeel). While spice cake has always been something I’ve kinda avoided, this does remind me of a spiced ginger cake my Mom would whip up at Christmas, saying it was a Dutch delicacy that we had to try. Yep, it’s pretty bang-on for that.

Thank you KittyLovesTea for this perfect 2-cup sample!

JustJames

i am one of those whackos that loves xmas cake….. this is going MY list!!!!

MissB

Oh, I’ll send you the cup or so I have left! It’s already off their website, sadly, until next year (maybe?)

JustJames

how do i consistently set myself up for this? no no, you gave this 100. you finish it. enjoy. you are just as sleep deprived as i am. it’s a lovely thought though.

MissB

I gave it 100? No, I gave it a 79. It’s easy enough to put it in an envelope for next time – and you know as well as I do, I have too much tea! :P

JustJames

oh…. i really need sleep. i saw the 100% fruit cake. geez…..

Anna

…you mean spice cake. JJ, GET SOME SLEEP!

Suziqzer

It’s alright JJ.. I saw fruitcake too (& I’m not a fan). I think maybe because she said spice cake with a hint of fruit… My mind turned that to fruitcake. :)

Sipdown! Enjoyed the last two cups of this while watching Death Comes to Pemberly last night. I’m still pretty in awe of how much this actually tastes like Christmas cake. It’s fruity, rich, almondy and sweet. Just like the real thing! The snowflake sprinkles and light sprinkling of irridescent glitter make it look seasonal, too. My favourite of Bluebird’s Christmas teas, and a sad sipdown. Hopefully it returns to grace my cupboard again next year!

The ingredients sounded so lovely, yet so weird…. and there is GLITTER. I’m not sure it is edible, but I’m going to ignore that! haha. But pine needles! Almonds and vanilla too! One and a half teaspoons of this was steeped right after boiling for three minutes. There was some glitter floating around in the mug! I don’t love Bluebird’s Ceylon base but the ingredients here together are so delicious. It does taste like cake a bit. It must be the almonds, vanilla and the sugary sweetness from the snowflake sprinkles (and apparently stevia, though it doesn’t taste like stevia). Unfortunately, there isn’t any flavor from the pine needles, which I was looking forward to even though it wouldn’t seem very cake like. The cinnamon is strong and spicy! Hints of orange. I really love this blend. i’d definitely order it, especially if the black tea base was different.

ETA: (I just realized this might sound like ‘Estimated time of arrival’ but I mean ‘Edited to add’!) I just steeped a second cup of this with standing-there-for-the-water-to-finish-boiling type of steeping. It steeped for four minutes and the taste is VERY cinnamon now! Not as much as Harney’s sunset though. So so good. I kind of wish Bluebird could change this so it wasn’t a seasonal tea and they could sell it all year long.