Christmas Cake

Black Food Fruit Herbal Blend
Almond, Cake, Clove, Orange, Sweet
Edit tea info Last updated by Scheherazade

• “100% spice cake, maybe with a hint of dried fruit in there, the kind that goes with those uber-heavy Christmas cakes. It's a bit surprising how accurate the flavoring is, down to the breadiness of...” Read full tasting note
    MissB_Tea 1157 tasting notes
  • “Sipdown! Enjoyed the last two cups of this while watching Death Comes to Pemberly last night. I'm still pretty in awe of how much this actually tastes like Christmas cake. It's fruity, rich,...” Read full tasting note
    Scheherazade 1088 tasting notes
  • “I just HAD to try this one today anyway, for Christmas! The Bluebird minty tea today made my headache disappear! thanks so much for both of them, KittyLovesTea! :D The ingredients sounded so...” Read full tasting note
    Tea Sipper 1520 tasting notes
  • “A special tea for my birthday today! I was a little nervous to be trying this tea only because it has spruce needles in it and it smells like Christmas potpourri... definitely something you...” Read full tasting note
    QueenOfTarts 560 tasting notes

From Bluebird Tea Co.

This tea is possibly our best yet! Not only does it combine our three favourite things: tea, cake and Christmas! It also has real life actual Christmas tree in it! As if that wasn’t enough it has little candy snowflakes. Still not impressed? Well brew it up and watch it sparkle like icicles!

Ingredients: Ceylon black tea, Vanilla pieces, Almond pieces, Cinnamon, Cloves, Orange Peel, Spruce needles, Snowflake sprinkles, Stevia.

To brew the perfect cup: 1 heaped teaspoon per cup, 100° water, 4 mins, with or without milk.

About Bluebird Tea Co. View company

100% spice cake, maybe with a hint of dried fruit in there, the kind that goes with those uber-heavy Christmas cakes. It’s a bit surprising how accurate the flavoring is, down to the breadiness of the taste (although missing in the mouthfeel). While spice cake has always been something I’ve kinda avoided, this does remind me of a spiced ginger cake my Mom would whip up at Christmas, saying it was a Dutch delicacy that we had to try. Yep, it’s pretty bang-on for that.

Thank you KittyLovesTea for this perfect 2-cup sample!

JustJames

i am one of those whackos that loves xmas cake….. this is going MY list!!!!

MissB

Oh, I’ll send you the cup or so I have left! It’s already off their website, sadly, until next year (maybe?)

JustJames

how do i consistently set myself up for this? no no, you gave this 100. you finish it. enjoy. you are just as sleep deprived as i am. it’s a lovely thought though.

MissB

I gave it 100? No, I gave it a 79. It’s easy enough to put it in an envelope for next time – and you know as well as I do, I have too much tea! :P

JustJames

oh…. i really need sleep. i saw the 100% fruit cake. geez…..

Anna

…you mean spice cake. JJ, GET SOME SLEEP!

Suziqzer

It’s alright JJ.. I saw fruitcake too (& I’m not a fan). I think maybe because she said spice cake with a hint of fruit… My mind turned that to fruitcake. :)

Sipdown! Enjoyed the last two cups of this while watching Death Comes to Pemberly last night. I’m still pretty in awe of how much this actually tastes like Christmas cake. It’s fruity, rich, almondy and sweet. Just like the real thing! The snowflake sprinkles and light sprinkling of irridescent glitter make it look seasonal, too. My favourite of Bluebird’s Christmas teas, and a sad sipdown. Hopefully it returns to grace my cupboard again next year!

The ingredients sounded so lovely, yet so weird…. and there is GLITTER. I’m not sure it is edible, but I’m going to ignore that! haha. But pine needles! Almonds and vanilla too! One and a half teaspoons of this was steeped right after boiling for three minutes. There was some glitter floating around in the mug! I don’t love Bluebird’s Ceylon base but the ingredients here together are so delicious. It does taste like cake a bit. It must be the almonds, vanilla and the sugary sweetness from the snowflake sprinkles (and apparently stevia, though it doesn’t taste like stevia). Unfortunately, there isn’t any flavor from the pine needles, which I was looking forward to even though it wouldn’t seem very cake like. The cinnamon is strong and spicy! Hints of orange. I really love this blend. i’d definitely order it, especially if the black tea base was different.

ETA: (I just realized this might sound like ‘Estimated time of arrival’ but I mean ‘Edited to add’!) I just steeped a second cup of this with standing-there-for-the-water-to-finish-boiling type of steeping. It steeped for four minutes and the taste is VERY cinnamon now! Not as much as Harney’s sunset though. So so good. I kind of wish Bluebird could change this so it wasn’t a seasonal tea and they could sell it all year long.

A special tea for my birthday today!

I was a little nervous to be trying this tea only because it has spruce needles in it and it smells like Christmas potpourri… definitely something you wouldn’t want to drink. I love the little snowflake sprinkles, though. They add such a nice touch! Once the tea has steeped, it smells sweeter, softer and mostly like orange peel.

Sipping… I first taste a very sweet almond flavor that reminds me of.. surprise… cake! The finish is where the orange peel comes out. It’s not an orange flavor, but really the bitter orange peel. I don’t taste much of the spruce needles, but perhaps they are lending something to the cup that I am not aware of.

I’m very glad to have tried this tea and it will be a nice companion this December. It’s certainly a very festive blend! I don’t know if I love it enough to repurchase, but I’ll enjoy it this year.

Nightshifter

Happy Birthday to you!

Roswell Strange

Happy Birthday! How old? :P

Veronica

Happy Birthday!!!

Anlina

Happy birthday!

Yay, I got my portion of the Bluebird group order! Thanks again to QueenOfTarts for organizing the whole thing. I ended up with ten different teas, which sounds like a lot, but the sizes range from 10 to 35 grams so it’s actually not a ton of tea. I’m feeling very pleased with my purchases for the price I paid! All of my lovely new teas are now safe and secure in various small tins that I had sitting empty.

I couldn’t decide which tea I was most excited for, but I ended up choosing this one (partially because of the cute snowflake sprinkles!). I must say, you can tell that all of these teas are blended in-house, mostly because of the range of ingredients included. For instance, this one has large pieces of dried orange peel and cloves, which are more expected, but then it also has a smattering of pine needles! Dry scent is a sweet combination of almond extract, orange, and clove.

Ooh the steeped tea smells fantastic – very sweet and cakey. And it tastes delicious, too! Definitely very cakey with strong almond flavor, a light kiss of orange, and a nice warming undertone of clove. I didn’t even realize there’s stevia in this tea, as you can’t taste it really. There’s a very slight sweet aftertaste if you sit there and think about it, similar to a very mild licorice root. I love it! Very happy to have picked up 35 grams.

Flavors: Almond, Cake, Clove, Orange, Sweet

Amanda 'SoggyEnderman' Wilson

Teas with sprinkles just make me so happy

Cameron B.

I know, right? It’s so cheerful. I felt the same way when I opened my pouch of Santa’s Secret, it just put a smile on my face instantly. :D

Tea Sipper

So glad you like this one too! I can’t wait to get my Bluebird order… should be here on Wednesday! :D