Fruit Herbal Blend
Loose Leaf, Tea Bag
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Nattie

From Bluebird Tea Co.

A steaming mug of mulled wine on a frosty winter’s eve is just about our favourite part of the chilly Christmas season. Brew up a Bluebird Mulled Wine and delicious scents of clove, cinnamon and orange will waft you right into a winter wonderland. You can also add to red wine on the stove for the real deal!

Ingredients: Hibiscus, Rosehip, Apple pieces, Lemon pieces, Orange peel, Orange flowers, Cloves, Cinnamon.

To brew the perfect cup: 1 heaped teaspoon per cup, 100° water, 4+ mins, No milk.

About Bluebird Tea Co. View company

2044 tasting notes

AH! I just copy and pasted my entire tasting note away. Anyway, KittyLovesTea sent me a sample of this one! Surprise surprise a hibiscus tea I actually kind of love! I must have steeped it right. Half my sample… must have been about 1 1/2 or two teaspoons, just boiled for four minutes. The fragrance is amazing… it’s like a spicy hot apple cider… not sure where the wine comes in. I didn’t take out any of the hibiscus since I like to write my tasting notes with “unedited” blends, if you will. But the amount of hibiscus here is just enough to make it intriguing. Spicy with hints of apple and hibiscus. The cup was even very red. The fastest I’ve ever sipped a cup of tea. I’m not sure what happened to make this so magical. Maybe the right ingredients fell into my mug or maybe Bluebird is GOOD at what they do, even with their hibiscus blends.

Thank you to KittyLovesTea for this sample!

Used 2 tsp for 12 oz. and steeped it about 10 minutes. Brews up a bright red, and smells mostly of cinnamon. I get mostly cinnamon orange hibiscus, which would be lovely if I loved hibiscus. I’m cool with it, I just find it overused in many teas. I like it more with some Truvia, which brings out the sweetness of the cinnamon more.

Boiling 8 min or more

My second Bluebird Tea Co Christmas blend. It smells like citrus gummy sweets rather than mulled wine, it’s not spicy or especially orange enough to be mulled wine. It is still a pleasant enough scent but just not mulled wine.

The tea is dark hibiscus red and smells like orange and cinnamon, much more like mulled wine than it’s raw state.

It tastes sweet but with waxy orange and sour hibiscus notes. The cinnamon is coming through in the after taste but I still don’t think it’s spicy enough to be mulled wine. Needs more clove and less hibiscus, maybe some nutmeg. It just tastes like a hibiscus heavy orange tea with a touch of cinnamon. Great if you like those sorts of teas but I hate hibiscus.

Another disappointing Christmas tea from Bluebird. I have one more to try and hopefully it will be better.

I thought I was over this morning’s “I feel sick and dizzy” blip, but apparently I’m not. I actually felt so bad earlier than I tipped out my tea (52 Teas Rainbow Sherbet! The loss!) after just a couple of sips because I was convinced it was making me feel worse. I’ve just been drinking water up until now, but I thought I’d risk a fruit tisane because work without tea is not a place I really want to be. As soon as I stand up I feel all wonky and off balance, though, so something’s clearly up. Maybe if I sit down and drink my tea quietly, I’ll feel better soon? I hope so. If not, I’ll have to try and get myself home, which could be interesting.

Anyway, the tea. This sample pouch of Mulled Wine is from last year – I don’t think I bought any this Christmas, though I planned to originally. It’s a pretty good representation, with flavours of red fruit, clove, cinnamon, and a hint of citrus. No wine, obviously, but mulling spices for sure. It’s still cold outside, so it’s fairly season-appropriate. It’s warming, comforting, and not too sweet, so I’m finding it palatable even though I feel all wrong at the moment. A good decision.

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 1 tsp
Memily

Wah, feel better soon x_x

tigress_al

I hope you feel better soon. It sounds like it might be related to blood pressure or vertigo (caused by inner ear problems).

Maddy Barone

Oh, no. I hope you feel better soon!