Fruit Herbal Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Scheherazade

• “AH! I just copy and pasted my entire tasting note away. Anyway, KittyLovesTea sent me a sample of this one! Surprise surprise a hibiscus tea I actually kind of love! I must have steeped it...” Read full tasting note
    Tea Sipper 1326 tasting notes
  • “Thank you to *KittyLovesTea* for this sample! Used 2 tsp for 12 oz. and steeped it about 10 minutes. Brews up a bright red, and smells mostly of cinnamon. I get mostly cinnamon orange hibiscus,...” Read full tasting note
    MissB_Tea 1114 tasting notes
  • “My second Bluebird Tea Co Christmas blend. It smells like citrus gummy sweets rather than mulled wine, it's not spicy or especially orange enough to be mulled wine. It is still a pleasant enough...” Read full tasting note
    KittyLovesTea 1075 tasting notes
  • “I think Bluebird really came up trumps with their Christmas teas. This is the second I've tried, and I'm as equally impressed with this one as I was with Christmas Cake. Largely because this does...” Read full tasting note
    Scheherazade 940 tasting notes

From Bluebird Tea Co.

A steaming mug of mulled wine on a frosty winter’s eve is just about our favourite part of the chilly Christmas season. Brew up a Bluebird Mulled Wine and delicious scents of clove, cinnamon and orange will waft you right into a winter wonderland. You can also add to red wine on the stove for the real deal!

Ingredients: Hibiscus, Rosehip, Apple pieces, Lemon pieces, Orange peel, Orange flowers, Cloves, Cinnamon.

To brew the perfect cup: 1 heaped teaspoon per cup, 100° water, 4+ mins, No milk.

About Bluebird Tea Co. View company

AH! I just copy and pasted my entire tasting note away. Anyway, KittyLovesTea sent me a sample of this one! Surprise surprise a hibiscus tea I actually kind of love! I must have steeped it right. Half my sample… must have been about 1 1/2 or two teaspoons, just boiled for four minutes. The fragrance is amazing… it’s like a spicy hot apple cider… not sure where the wine comes in. I didn’t take out any of the hibiscus since I like to write my tasting notes with “unedited” blends, if you will. But the amount of hibiscus here is just enough to make it intriguing. Spicy with hints of apple and hibiscus. The cup was even very red. The fastest I’ve ever sipped a cup of tea. I’m not sure what happened to make this so magical. Maybe the right ingredients fell into my mug or maybe Bluebird is GOOD at what they do, even with their hibiscus blends.

Thank you to KittyLovesTea for this sample!

Used 2 tsp for 12 oz. and steeped it about 10 minutes. Brews up a bright red, and smells mostly of cinnamon. I get mostly cinnamon orange hibiscus, which would be lovely if I loved hibiscus. I’m cool with it, I just find it overused in many teas. I like it more with some Truvia, which brings out the sweetness of the cinnamon more.

Boiling 8 min or more

My second Bluebird Tea Co Christmas blend. It smells like citrus gummy sweets rather than mulled wine, it’s not spicy or especially orange enough to be mulled wine. It is still a pleasant enough scent but just not mulled wine.

The tea is dark hibiscus red and smells like orange and cinnamon, much more like mulled wine than it’s raw state.

It tastes sweet but with waxy orange and sour hibiscus notes. The cinnamon is coming through in the after taste but I still don’t think it’s spicy enough to be mulled wine. Needs more clove and less hibiscus, maybe some nutmeg. It just tastes like a hibiscus heavy orange tea with a touch of cinnamon. Great if you like those sorts of teas but I hate hibiscus.

Another disappointing Christmas tea from Bluebird. I have one more to try and hopefully it will be better.

I think Bluebird really came up trumps with their Christmas teas. This is the second I’ve tried, and I’m as equally impressed with this one as I was with Christmas Cake. Largely because this does taste almost exactly like Mulled Wine. The fruit and mulling spices are the strongest flavours, but I’m also convinced that there’s a wine-like flavour lurking in the background. Something grapey and deeply fruity, with a slight tannin-like astringency, anyway.

Clove is probably the strongest flavour here, followed by cinnamon. I’m beginning to discover that they’re Christmas tea stalwarts. I think there’s a fair bit of hibi here, too. Probably most of the red fruit/wine flavour is coming from that, now I think about it. It’s pleasant, though, and a change from the usual run of fruit teas. It’s insanely Christmassy, too. Just the thing to drink while wrapping presents!

Mike Turner

Hiya, just wandered what brought the score down on this one compared to the Christmas Cake? (useful for future creations!)

Scheherazade

Am I not being very consistent? It wouldn’t surprise me — I do things in such a hurry these days!

I think it’s probably my preference for black tea, and the fact that hibiscus is not really my friend. I like both a lot, but Christmas Cake was more up my street. I’ve yet to find a fruit tea where hibiscus doesn’t dominate the flavour to a greater or lesser extent. It’s not so bad here, but enough to ensure that I definitely prefer Christmas Cake!

Mike Turner

Ah, fair enough!

People definitely aren’t loving hibiscus on here!