Perfectly Protein Vanilla Chai Tea

Chai Green Blend
Creamy, Spices, Vanilla
Edit tea info Last updated by Jillian

From Bolthouse Farms

Our Perfectly Protein® Vanilla Chai Tea is a smooth blend of soy protein, brewed green tea, and chai spices all naturally sweetened with a subtle hint of vanilla. In addition to energizing the body with a heart-healthy supply of protein, this delicious drink is brimming with nutrients like Vitamin C, B6 and B12, iron, zinc, magnesium, 18 amino acids, and 37 grams of isoflavonoids per serving.

About Bolthouse Farms View company

Sorry, just had to post this note for sh*ts and giggles. I’m sure someone on here, you the regulars, must have drank this at some point but just didn’t note it. I drink it all the time. I wouldn’t say it’s in my fridge always but quite often.

This is so tasty. Too sweet but oh so tasty. Of course you don’t get a resteep. And you also shouldn’t drink more than a glass a day. If you have never tried this, you must.

I picked this up at Kroger after noticing it a few days ago when shopping for salad fixin’s. It’s dairy-free, which is alright with me, and soy based. I’m a fiend for chai, and the idea of not having to make it myself appealed to me today.

It’s actually really tasty. The spices aren’t particularly strong, complex, or unique, but it does taste like chai and smooth, creamy vanilla. It’s pretty sweet also, but not too much. Maybe a little sweeter than I would have made it myself, but it’s also creamier than I would have been able to do since I usually add a small amount of milk. I could see myself having this instead of breakfast on my way into midtown. I will certainly pick it up again.

And is it ever filling! The 15-ounce bottle is like a meal to me.

So good. So bad for me. Backlogged from SO long ago.

Ashley Bain

the bf and I lovee this stuff.

Erin Hurley

Used it as a mixer back in the day….. I was nasty…

I saw this in the market on Sunday and figured it was worth a shot. Sure it was almost 5 bucks, but I still added it to the cart. Also my husband was interested so that sealed the deal for me. This was pretty good. Very refreshing and enjoyable. Plus it was made with soy which made my day. Regular dairy products and I don’t talk anymore…

PLUS my husband loves it! WOOHOO….I got him to drink a sort of “tea” that he likes. We’ll be buying this one again.

Didn’t just have this- but it’s pretty decent for those that want a soy RTD chai option, but I’m still on the search for a soy flavored soy protien powder or a soy chai latte drink mix. PM me if you have ideas.

LauraR

I like this because it has so much protein and still tastes delicious. I get this and will normally just enjoy a half bottle at a time due to calories. However, this is tasty for a RTD option with about 15grams of protein per serving. That is a lot!

Cofftea

half a bottle at a TIME??? Whoa that’s a lot! I just drink 8oz at a time. I’m looking for a soy based chai latte mix. I prefer mixes over this.

I remember this! I stumbled upon it in Target about a month ago. It was quite tasty and the soy gave it this smooth texture. I may not have shaken it up well enough though, because I swear the first few sips were not as sweet at the last half – which was too sweet for me. I love anything with sugar in it too. So if you want to try it, shake it up really well!

Of course this was already in the database. Tea addicts will justify just about anything as “drinking tea” if it means getting to count it; which is, of course, exactly what I was doing when I searched for this one to see if I could log it…

We sell this one at work, and I see people in the staff room drinking this one may more over all the other Bolthouse drinks we sell so I got curious, and I bought myself some. Honestly, it was pretty good but I can see why non-serious tea drinkers like it; it’s very sweet with very little actual tea flavour (if any, really) but they can still say they’re being health conscious and drinking tea. Though all the extra protein and crap in it didn’t hurt since I’ve always had trouble getting enough protein as a vegetarian.

It was just SO milky and creamy, and smooth as silk. But it was like someone brewed up a cup of good Chai, and then added a ‘splash’ of milk to it – only by splash they meant like four fucking cups of milk. It had a nice, light vanilla flavour too – and the spices that were there were nice and light, and kind of gingerbread cookie like.

For what it is, it’s good. Doubt I’ll repurchase though – it’s really expensive!

Today’s word of the day is curiou. A curio is “an object or article valued because it is strange or rare”. I’m not ashamed to say that I just had a minor paradigm shift; I had heard the word before when attached to cabinet (Curio Cabinet), but only in that pairing so up until like five minutes ago my belief was that was simply a different kind or style of cabinet. Yay – learning things!

I just picked this up today, it was only 3 dollars, but man is it delightful! It’s filling, creamy, and a perfect meal replacement for on the go ( if you get the 15 ounce/450mL). The only thing is that it’s a little sweeter than I would like, but all in all I definitely will be going back for more!

Starfevre

Would you say that it’s a good meal replacement that’s tea flavoured or it’s a good tea-flavoured beverage that can also function as a meal replacement?

I just picked up a huge bottle of this, and I thought I’d check and see if it’s on here since it technically has tea in it. I love this stuff! Tastes like a thick, creamy vanilla soymilk with a little spice in it. If you like soymilk, you should definitely try it! Om nom nom.

I don’t think I’ll give it a rating since it’s not really tea.

Flavors: Creamy, Spices, Vanilla

donkeytiara

I take my vitamins with this…. it makes me want to take my vitamins!

Wow! Awesome! I always loved this drink, but never really never thought of it as a tea, but I found it here while browsing Steepster reviews! I love this. It’s so sweet, it’s creamy, it’s totally awesome. There’s a nice, smooth overlay of vanilla and the soy complements it so well. I usually dislike green tea (except matcha), but this tea tastes so good, it’s hard to believe the base is green tea! O_O It doesn’t have that “Aah…” moment that comes from drinking hot tea, but it’s really flavorful and sweet! It’s like candy in a bottle! Definitely not like tea at all, but great all the same. Good for gluttons and sugar-lovers like myself.