Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by gmathis

• “I think this tea was brought by elves -- found a 24-pack on top of my microwave and neither my husband nor I purchased it, but can't remember for the life of us how it made it into the house. A...” Read full tasting note
    gmathis 1720 tasting notes
  • “Another entry while I relax tonight and watch QI (I love Stephen Fry). Only one bag of this tea but the entry below mine seemed non too impressed so curious to see the result. I do like fresh...” Read full tasting note
    KittyLovesTea 1096 tasting notes

From Bromley Tea Company

Green Tea
A Blend of Pure Green Tea
Since ancient times, Green Tea has been reputed to be a powerful
medicine. The monk Eisai wrote about the positive effects of
Green Tea in his book “Maintaining Health By Drinking Tea” (1211).
“Tea is a miraculous medicine for the maintenance of health.
Tea has extraordinary power to prolong life. Anywhere a person
cultivates tea, long life will follow.” In recent years, scientific
research on Green Tea has confirmed those ancient claims. Some
of the most exciting research involves a link between Green Tea
and the prevention of cancer and heart disease.

Green Tea is a natural source of polyphenols; which have been
identified as a powerful antioxidant. Research suggests that
antioxidants protect the body from harmful molecules known as
free radicals. These molecules can cause damage to the cells;
which may lead to cancer and heart disease. Bromley Tea is
proud to offer you a refreshing blend of pure Green Tea. In the
Bromley tradition…It’s full of flavor and antioxidants!

About Bromley Tea Company View company

I think this tea was brought by elves — found a 24-pack on top of my microwave and neither my husband nor I purchased it, but can’t remember for the life of us how it made it into the house.

A fair bagged green, not very strong, stereotypical middle-of-the-road vegetable garden taste to it.

ashmanra

That is too funny! I wish the tea elves would come see me, but I want to give them a list of what to bring.

Cofftea

Tea fairy!

gmathis

I don’t mind that they bring me tea, but I sure wish they’d clean my kitchen while they are at it…

Cofftea

LOL touche gmathis. Touche.

I do like fresh tasting green tea and usually brew loose leaf instead of bagged, as this tea is bagged I already have a feeling about how I shall rate this. I am however, trying not to let it cloud my judgement.

Colour: Dark amber liquidy goodness.
Smell: Extremely mild fragrance, does smell like green tea but not strongly.

Taste: Extremely airy and light, very hard to detect much flavour or taste. Not as stale as various other bagged green tea’s that I have had before BUT it is not as fresh as my usual loose leaf. Still drinkable…. just very subtle with everything.

On par with my premonitions in honesty so I am not blown away by this tea at all. Average at best and if I get given any more of this tea I shall make a mental note to brew it for longer.

It’s still relaxing though :)

ScottTeaMan

I had some Bromley peach tea, that wasn’t stellar by any means, but it was decent for iced tea.

KittyLovesTea

I think flavour of some sort would be much better for this brand. I felt at times as if I was just drinking hot water. Well when I say much better I mean a slightly improved rating to somewhere around 55 instead of the meagre 38 that it got.

Angrboda

QI is awesome. I’ve developed a weakness for Alan Davies. :)

KittyLovesTea

Alan Davies does have his charms :) Plus he is amazingly funny.