Black Currant Black Tea

Black Fruit Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Nephnay

• “I was digging through some samples at home and brought a number of them in to work to finish up (eventually). This is one I got from Bulk Barn over a year ago but it still smells of juicy black...” Read full tasting note
    Uniquity 682 tasting notes
  • “When I saw Uniquity's note about Bulk Barn carrying this and other teas, I was just too intrigued. I ended up out in my hometown at a time when the Bulk Barn was open over the weekend, to my great...” Read full tasting note
    nomadinjeopardy 658 tasting notes
  • “When we made it to bulk barn recently, I remembered Uniquity's note about their looseleaf tea and had to try it...this one especially. I'm in love with the black currant from Camerons and I had to...” Read full tasting note
    ladykittykat 1220 tasting notes
  • “Wow, I was very surprised by this tea as well. I had seen the other tasting notes and thought I had to give it a try. The tea is actually quite decent. A lot more fruity than I was expecting. A...” Read full tasting note
    tigress_al 791 tasting notes

From Bulk Barn

Product description not available yet.

About Bulk Barn View company

I was digging through some samples at home and brought a number of them in to work to finish up (eventually). This is one I got from Bulk Barn over a year ago but it still smells of juicy black currants despite poor packaging. I’m impressed! I also did a naughty thing yesterday and ordered some Black Currant from Tea Forte with a coworker so I was really jonesing for some currants! I’ve only ever had currant flavoured things and I’ve never seen, smelled or tasted a real currant but this tea when brewed still smells just like those Simpkins Black Durrant Drops that I loooove. I understand currants to be more of a UK thing? They don’t seem very popular here in North America.

Anyway, the tea! As I say, the aroma is like the candies though the taste has muted with the passing of time and bad storage. I’m also picking up a weird note that seems to have seeped through the whole basket from some other tea. That’s disappointing, but to be expected. While I remember this tea as very juicy and flavourful it is now an echo of that. Oh well, my fault. I will enjoy the remainder and eagerly look forward to the Tea Forte Black Currant which I hope will be lovely!

When I saw Uniquity’s note about Bulk Barn carrying this and other teas, I was just too intrigued. I ended up out in my hometown at a time when the Bulk Barn was open over the weekend, to my great excitement. I love Bulk Barn. I bought too many Clodhoppers.

Anyway, I picked some of this up as well as a green tea and am also pleasantly surprised by it. I oversteeped it and it was a little bitter, but still very drinkable. The currant juiciness is really exuberant and translates well from the dry scent into the brewed taste. I think this could be good to keep on hand for when I crave a fruity black tea. That doesn’t happen with great frequency but this is really tasty and so ridiculously affordable.

Uniquity

Huzzah! I, too, bought too many clodhoppers when I was there. I love the yogurt ones. Glad you could find something to enjoy there as well!

Jessie

Yeah! I was so surprised by the tea selection. I’ll definitely be trying some more when I have more time in the store. It’s helping satisfy my need to try new teas, but much more wallet-friendly than tea shops.

Uniquity

The prices have me over the moon. I just hope that they have even more flavours I am interested in. What with the “tea boom” I am sure the selection will only increase.

When we made it to bulk barn recently, I remembered Uniquity’s note about their looseleaf tea and had to try it…this one especially. I’m in love with the black currant from Camerons and I had to know if this was as good.

It wasn’t as good, but it was still damn good. Yum. It was good enough for me to feel like I might just survive when my Camerons supply runs out. Nice and juicy without being bitter…this is what I need in a black tea.

The tea is actually quite decent. A lot more fruity than I was expecting. A fairly smooth black tea.
And for that price! 66cents for 25g. I will certainly pick up more of it.