Chocolate Energy Tea

Chocolate, Earth, Sweet
Bulk, Loose Leaf
High
Edit tea info Last updated by Anlina

• “I'm hesitant about this, because it's been in my cupboard a long time, mate is hit or miss for me, and I'm not sure about stevia either. But here goes. This smells excellent. Very rich and...” Read full tasting note
    Anlina 218 tasting notes
  • “I'm not a fan of mate. It's too far off the beaten track of my usual love of floral and fruity teas. I had run out of my delicious Coffee Pu'erh by David's Tea when I found this Chocolate...” Read full tasting note
    lyss090 19 tasting notes

From Bulk Barn

Black tea, yerba mate, stevia with chocolate and ginger flavour.

About Bulk Barn View company

I’m hesitant about this, because it’s been in my cupboard a long time, mate is hit or miss for me, and I’m not sure about stevia either. But here goes.

This smells excellent. Very rich and chocolatey. On the palate the chocolate is pretty subtle. There’s a slight tingle that makes me think mint but isn’t mint, and some earthiness and sweetness. The stevia and mate are surprisingly well balanced and don’t taste unpleasant at all.

I could easily drink this straight but I’m going to finish my cup with a bit of milk and sugar, because I always feel like chocolatey teas are well complimented by those.

Not a favourite but not bad at all.

Flavors: Chocolate, Earth, Sweet

I’m not a fan of mate. It’s too far off the beaten track of my usual love of floral and fruity teas.

I had run out of my delicious Coffee Pu’erh by David’s Tea when I found this Chocolate Energy Tea by Bulk Barn, and thought that it might be somewhat of a replacement. The price was definitely something that piqued my interest, at $2.25 per 100g. I also find that mate tastes relatively like bitter coffee on its own.

There was a very mild hint of chocolate when the tea was hot, but nothing but blah after that. It was okay for a good morning energy boost. As it cooled, it reminded me of black tea with a coffee aftertaste.

I might buy it again if I’m craving a coffee fix.