Strawberry Coconut Pu Erh

Pu-erh Tea
Artificial, Coconut, Earth, Strawberry, Wood, Butter, Creamy, Licorice, Musty, Cocoa
Bulk, Loose Leaf
Edit tea info Last updated by Amariel

• “My last cup of this used old leaf and it was not good. I figured I might as well give it another try though, this time with freshly bought stuff, and steeped a little differently. On the nose...” Read full tasting note
    Anlina 494 tasting notes
  • “Sooo....yeah, I don't really like this. The pu erh base is fine, but there is no coconut taste, and the strawberry tastes cough syrup-like and artificial...I don't really know if adding dried...” Read full tasting note
    heathermartin 630 tasting notes

From Bulk Barn

Product description not available yet.

About Bulk Barn View company

On the nose there is earth, butter, sweetness and fruit. The liquor brews up a very dark brown, almost like coffee but just a little redder around the edges.

This time it’s much much better. There’s some characteristic pu’erh mustiness at the start of the sip with some earth. A bit of creaminess from the coconut, and a distinct strawberry note. Also a hint of licorice and a bit of a numbing mouth feel as I’ve come to associate with pu’erhs. The licorice develops a bit more on the finish and there’s a very creamy mouth feel that lingers.

I don’t know if I’d restock this, but I’ll definitely finish what I have.

Flavors: Butter, Coconut, Creamy, Earth, Licorice, Musty, Strawberry

aisling of tea

I’m always impressed that Bulk Barn as teas, but my experience has been that tea from Bulk Barn, well…tastes like Bulk Barn. Stale, a mix of spices, and just…okay.

Anlina

They can be a bit hit or miss. I really love their orange oolong. I guess it probably all depends on how quickly their tea stock turns over, and if the bins are getting contaminated. I’ve generally found it worthwhile to try their stuff, as it’s super cheap and you can buy a single cup sample if you want.

Sooo….yeah, I don’t really like this. The pu erh base is fine, but there is no coconut taste, and the strawberry tastes cough syrup-like and artificial…I don’t really know if adding dried strawberry and coconut would make any difference, but in any case, I’m glad I didn’t get that much of this one. Back to Fantasy Island from Davids.