Strawberry Oolong

Oolong Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by adagio breeze

Available from 1 seller.

From Butiki Teas

Strawberry Oolong is a high altitude Taiwanese tea that has a refreshingly sweet and natural flavor. Distinct floral and strawberry notes are present in this smooth bodied tea. Add some brown crystal sugar for a dessert-like treat or sip it plain for a natural flavor. Strawberry Oolong is good for multiple infusions.

Recommended Brew Time: 4 minutes
Recommended Amount: 1 teaspoon of tea for 8oz of water
Recommended Temperature: 180 F

For more information visit:

About Butiki Teas View company

I got this as a part of the flavored sample pack for new Butiki customers. This one has the perfect amount of Strawberry flavor. I prefer this one over DT’s Sweet Strawberry white tea.

Since it is summer, I decided to expand on my knowledge of flavored teas, though I have not had much luck in the past. This came with an order I placed as a sample, thanks Stacy!

The dry leaves are very fragrant with a strawberry smell. I am not a stranger to teas that have a strong smell and a dull taste but I hold on hope! After steeping, the leaves release some of a sweet oolong smell that blends interestingly with the original strawberry.

The tea is simply amazing. I really had no idea what to expect with this tea but it is a pleasant surprise! The taste is sweet and slightly tart that largely resembles the smell. The oolong flavor add a good base of this tea.

The second steep takes some of the strength out of the of the strawberry, but is still great. This gives a stronger backing of the oolong, which is not a bad thing.

I purchased this tea as it had really great reviews and I love strawberry teas. Out of all the Butiki teas I ordered, this is the only one I didn’t love. I would even say I didn’t like it. There was not even a hint of strawberry flavour to it. I was really disappointed as I was most excited about this tea.

I had a cup late this morning after eating a couple paczkis, which were over-the-top in their richness, as paczkis tend to be. After that, I was looking for a tea that’d be light and refreshing, looked around at what I have, and figured this would fit the bill.

It did.

It’s a very nice oolong with a light infusion and a strawberry taste. I also tasted a slight floral taste, maybe roses? Just a hint, and it’s a secondary taste, and compliments the strawberry taste very nicely. This is a very refreshing tea, not too sweet. (I don’t sweeten any of my teas or put cream in them, chai excepted.) Speaking of chai, I had a couple cups of chai a little earlier which I’ve already logged. I still have the leaves awaiting me for a second, third, fourth infusion of this lovely tea. If they’re substantially different than the first, I’ll make additions to this note later.

EDIT: Second infusion actually looks a bit darker than the first, if memory of the first serves me well. Also the floral notes taste a little more pronounced. It’s definitely a rose flavor I taste. This is still a very light, nice, refreshing oolong. Also I’m amazed at how the leaves have expanded. I steeped 1 tsp, per recommendation, and it looked like such a tiny amount of dried leaves in my infuser, but they’ve really expanded a lot. By the third or fourth infusion they’ll probably be completely filling up my infuser basket. (I’m using a ceramic infuser basket / mug that I got from Rishi, which I really like a lot.)

EDiT: Came back after a night out and gave these leaves another infusion. It looks like each subsequent infusion is darker than the last, which is different. Although with this latest infusion, my mind was completely somewhere else and I didn’t let the water cool down to 180 degrees, just absent-mindedly poured the boiling water in. Still tastes fine though.

EDIT 2: LOL my infusions are full of fail today. This latest one, like the last, was at full boiling, and also for 10 minutes. My mind is just….. elsewhere, haha. Anyways, it actually still tastes good. :)

Dry, this does have a bit of a strawberry scent to it. As a few others have noted, it doesn’t have a strong stawberry flavour once steeped. It smells and tastes more floral than strawberry to me. That could just be my tastebuds, though.

I didn’t add anything to my first cup. It was very drinkable, and I could definitely taste the oolong.

I added 1 tsp of cane sugar to the second cup. It was sweeter (of course), and maybe a touch fruitier in taste.

Overall, it was drinkable, but I think I’m just not a huge fan of fruity or floral teas. Give me a nutty tea anyday. Maple Pecan Oolong, here I come!

I’m giving this a slightly higher rating than I otherwise would, because I know that fans of fruity teas will likely love this one.

This tea is fantastic. I’ve been wanting a natural tasting strawberry tea for some time and this is it. Delicious natural strawberry flavour, yum!

I am not picking up much strawberry in this, but…rose? A bit of lavender? Yes, it is very floral and delicate to me and it is very lovely.

This was a sample that came with my first Butiki order. :)

Sweet sweet strawberry! smooth, buttery oolong making a pale gold liquor. Very very good, couldn’t taste any astringency so not sure what that says but this was extremely yummy! A well balanced tea with good strawberry flavor mixed with excellent oolong.

This can easily be steeped many times you only loos the strawberry flavor but then get a nice oolong. So win win!

Now i need to cold brew this to see how it does!
I’m thinking i’ll like it even more than hot.

Sadly, this is my last Butiki Teas sample.. and it isn’t disappointing! This oolong is silky smooth and delicious. It has a nice floral flavor with strawberry that isn’t tart or bitter. I’ll be resteeping this one as much as I can! I really love Butiki’s peach oolong better though (it is pretty much perfect), and it is the favorite of the many I’ve tried from Butiki. All of them were stunning teas, so that is saying something. Any tea lover should really try Butiki. They are amazing!

This was a very nice start to my morning. A pleasant strawberry flavor that didn’t taste artificial over a nice oolong base. :)

Flavors: Strawberry