Lychee Oolong

Floral, Lychee, Flowers, Butter, Sweet
Edit tea info Last updated by Tea Pet

Available from 1 seller.

From Butiki Teas

Lychee Oolong has a sweet floral lychee aroma. This high altitude oolong is infused with lychee and originates from Taiwan. Our natural and refreshingly smooth bodied oolong has bold notes of lychee and light floral notes that linger. This tea is good for multiple infusions.

Recommended Brew Time: 4 minutes
Recommended Amount: 1 teaspoon of tea for 8oz of water Recommended Temperature: 180 F

For more information visit: http://www.butikiteas.com

About Butiki Teas View company

Oh my, I may just need more of this in my life. I got this with my second last order so I thought it would be wise to take some older ones with me to polish off in Alberta before the new stuff comes in.

Floral notes and super fresh lychee combine here. I’ve steeped this twice all the way through the amount I got and both steeps were always delicately fruity. Sad sip down, this is.

even more sad because i think this one is gone..gone…gone..

Fjellrev

WHAAAAAT, I just went to her site and her business is closing permanently!

haha my swedish chef, you have been away for too long…

Damn it all to hell.

we yammered on about it on FB…thought for sure you’d have seen it. :(

Fjellrev

No interwebs for two weeks! Of all times haha. I’ll have to check FB now too.

Kittenna

Oh man :( My mom loves this tea too – I luckily had picked up an ounce for her on my previous order (and she resteeps like 20 times), so we’re good. But apparently this one was gone super quickly.

Fjellrev

Now I regret not trying to resteep this more. I’m SO glad I got Potato Pancake and Foxy Roxy’s last time since they’re already gone. Wow.

But I totally understand where Stacy is coming from and I hope the best for her.

Dinosara

Psst, take a look at Naivetea’s Lychee Oolong. It is (nearly if not) identical to this one.

Got this as a sample from Stephanie! It is sooooo good! I love lychee and the flavor comes out really well in this tea! You can really smell the lychee flavor. I also taste something floral and sweet. It goes down really smooth with no astringency. Will definitely be getting more of this in the future!

Flavors: Floral, Lychee

Nice… The lychee goes really well with the oolong. It just works awesomely like just before the floral oolongy taste would start to bother me the lychee comes in and saves it. I totally can’t remember who I bought this from but definitely happy to have tried it. I’m awaiting my butiki order from the birthday sales, it’s expected on Friday… It’s just that we’re currently waiting for 2(!) hurricanes so depending how that goes. All public schools canceled for the next 2 days so I’ll be sitting, watching updates and drinking tea today :)

Stephanie

This one is soooo goood. Also, good luck with the hurricanes!?

CK

Thanks :)

I’ve never had lychee before so I wasn’t sure if I would like it, The tasting notes were all very positive soooo what the heck! Lovely scent! The aroma in the back of the mouth is a lovely floral, sweet and summer-y. It’s a lovely spring day and the songbirds are singing. What more could I want. My Breville makes a 2 cup minimum plus with a resteep I’ll have a lot of this tea so I think i will chill the rest and even freeze up some Lychee Oolong ice cubes for later! But I have to get back to cleaning!!! Thanks TerrHarpLady!

I chilled it and added the frozen Lychee Oolong ice cubes. Was a little weak (half of it was a resteep) but still enjoyable. I think I like it better hot although this was refreshing.

Flavors: Lychee

This is a surprise tea from TeaTiff – thank you. It’s been on my wish list and my wishes came true. This tea is soo good. Bursting with flavors, makes my mouth watery. The Lychee flavor is true. Last night when I had Lychee tea fr H&S I wasn’t sure I remember that flavor . Butiki version is true to its name, nothing artificial. Brewed according to Butiki’s directions 1 tsp 180F 4 min
I split the cup in half and added 1/2 tsp of maple syrup. I like them both sweetened and unsweetened . Maybe sweetened a little more because its just like real lychee, juicy and sweet. I bet it would be great chilled.
Thank you so much TeaTiff, it was a great experience.

1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML
Stephanie

This one is soooo juicy :)

boychik

I just love it. I’m on my second steep. The base is stronger. I kinda miss oolong. All fall and winter I had blacks and puerh. Nice for hot weather. It was so humid and hot today.

Stephanie

Hot and humid here too. Woohoo air conditioning is back on :D

TeaTiff

You make this one sound really yummy!

boychik

It is yummy. I think hot and humid weather we had last few days demands something light and juicy. Thank you again!

boychik

I was browsing Lupicia . Their exclusive to SF Golden Honey Dew is on website. Tempting

TeaTiff

Uh oh. I have seen that one blowing up my dashboard lately….

I requested this sample with my latest Butiki order, and it’s pretty good. I get a lot more floral (rosewater) than I do lychee in the aroma, but the aftertaste is really spot on lychee fruit. There is something missing in the mid-palate to me, though. I just wish there was a little bit more flavor. Maybe a little bit of astringency would be good? I can’t really put my finger on what is missing. This might be really excellent iced in the summer. Maybe I’ll try that one day.

Terri HarpLady

I just got an oz of this in my order. I enjoyed it before, & looking forward to drinking a cup, probably today :)

This is just the kind of perfection I’ve come to expect from Stacy. The base really shines here, with the lychee flavor coming in at the end of the sip and lingering long after. I’m having trouble describing the base right now, but it’s sweet and grassy. It makes me think of rolling hills in springtime (in the idealized tv way, not the “my allergies make that experience torture” way). On the second steep, the juicy lychee flavor comes to the fore. Weirdly, I’m getting a lot of mintiness. It’s great, but unexpected. The third steep is very similar and super tasty iced. By the fourth steep, the lychee flavor fades and leaves just a hint of sweetness. The base comes out and makes for a bright, grassy drink. Lovely.

Thanks so much for the taste, teamore!

Stephanie

My fave lychee tea of all time…

I got three flavourful, dynamic western steeps out of this sample yesterday (didn’t try for a fourth). In all of them the lychee was prominent and vivid, although it was starting to blend into the floral and the “greeness” oolong notes on my last steep.

I’m not crazy for lychee, but I do appreciate how smooth this tea is and how artfully this flavour was captured- and I almost hesitate to say flavour because it tastes and feels just like eating lychee.

I’d consider picking this one up again, although not before the the Flowery Pineapple one (the memory of that tea is growing on me daily).

Flavors: Flowers, Lychee

Terri HarpLady

I tried a sample of this one awhile back, & I found it to be so nice & juicy, & a very natural lychee flavor as well. It’s on my list, for my next Butiki order.

Having tried Butiki’s Lychee Oolong, I had to make sure that I didn’t immediately seek to compare this tea to Naivetea’s Lychee. I did enjoy this version of Lychee Oolong. The lychee flavor was sweet, strong and worked very well with the type of the oolong used as the base for this blend. It is a great tea and definitely worth trying.

This was the second sample I tried from Butiki teas. (Thanks again!) I have always loved and craved lychee fruits and lychee flavored items. So I’ve been searching for a lychee tea that I would like. And this one just takes the cake. It’s very light and smooth. The smell of the un steeped leaves is pretty subtle, but when steeped the lychee flavor (and aroma!) are very strong. I would love to have just a cupboard filled with this tea.