Organic Lavender Chamomile

Herbal Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Butiki Teas
Boiling 4 min, 30 sec 11 oz / 340 ml

• “I've been trying to get through more of my Butiki Teas (mostly so I can justify another order in June). There wasn't much of this one left, so I figured I'd finish it off tonight. I managed to...” Read full tasting note
    Kaylee 386 tasting notes
  • “**backlogging from last night I am so glad that I purchased this from Butiki. It was really purchased on a whim as I'd never tried it before. But I love lavender & I've grown to love chamomile...” Read full tasting note
    tawnykira 60 tasting notes
  • “My roommate, who is not a tea drinker, notified me that in his opinion this lavender chamomile smells like cat food and breakfast cereal. I told him that he's probably high and that there was an...” Read full tasting note
    Rashad 76 tasting notes
  • “I'm not rating this one because I'm still trying to make up my mind whether I like lavender. Most of my experiences with lavender scents and tastes have been soapy, chemical, and fake so I may be a...” Read full tasting note
    fuzzy_peachkin 464 tasting notes

From Butiki Teas

Organic Lavender Chamomile has a calming lavender flavor and is naturally caffeine free. This herbal tisane contains organic chamomile flower and organic lavender flower that originates from Egypt and France.

Recommended Brew Time: 4 minutes 30 seconds
Recommended Amount: 1 teaspoon of tea for 8oz of water
Recommended Temperature: 210 F

For more information visit: http://www.butikiteas.com

About Butiki Teas View company

I’ve been trying to get through more of my Butiki Teas (mostly so I can justify another order in June). There wasn’t much of this one left, so I figured I’d finish it off tonight. I managed to pour all of it into my steeper before realizing that there was WAY more than 1 cup’s worth of leaf left in the bag. I ended up making a whole teapot (~32 oz) and it was still a very rich cup. As always, this blend is smooth and well-balanced. It’s definitely on my optimal rotation list and will likely be part of my next order. In the meantime, sipdown.

**backlogging from last night

I am so glad that I purchased this from Butiki. It was really purchased on a whim as I’d never tried it before. But I love lavender & I’ve grown to love chamomile lately. So it seemed like a tea worth trying out!

At first I was concerned that because lavender & chamomile are both very strong flavors that they would compete with one another, but I learned quickly that I was very incorrect in that.

The liquor of this tea was a lovely golden color and the aroma was absolutely mouthwatering. I added just a touch of honey since it pairs so well with chamomile & sunk into my cup. The lavender and chamomile pair perfectly, complimenting one another beautifully. Neither overpowered the other, they just danced in sync across my tastebuds. It was a very soft tea & I think I might like this even more than chamomile on its own!

Bonnie

Sounds relaxing. Need a hot tub.

Tawny Kira

That’s definitely the plan for tomorrow night after my mother-in-law leaves! lol

My roommate, who is not a tea drinker, notified me that in his opinion this lavender chamomile smells like cat food and breakfast cereal. I told him that he’s probably high and that there was an exceedingly good chance that his soul is complete dog shit. This is one of the best chamomile blends I’ve ever had in my life. I’m very happy that I purchased it. Chamomile has a flavor, believe it or not. I was unaware of this while growing up because we had chamomile in tea bags which were like drinking liquid rice cakes. I would recommend this tea to my mother, my grandmother, her mailman, the pope, every contestant on The Price Is Right, and Emily the girl on the “ramen noodle a day” budget from the Allstate commercial.

I’m not rating this one because I’m still trying to make up my mind whether I like lavender. Most of my experiences with lavender scents and tastes have been soapy, chemical, and fake so I may be a little prejudiced against it.

The dry leaf is beautiful and smells pretty good! When I taste it, the chamomile is not overpowered by the lavender. Both of them are there equally. The chamomile part is quite good. It smells fresh and for a lack of a better work “herbal”. I’m trying to taste the lavender as something new and not something I have previous thoughts about. I think I would have to try this again with honey or sugar before I can make up my mind completely about it.

I’ve been holding onto the last couple Butiki samples I have because I love them so much, I want them to last. This tea is light and simple but elegant at the same time. The lovely chamomile serves as a base for a delicious lavender. Lavender reminds me of my grandma’s house. Just the two ingredients works well. It couldn’t be better! Another amazing tea from Butiki!

This tisane is outstanding. It is the perfect balance between lavender and chamomile. I had this last night in bed, so I didn’t think to write down any notes. I really enjoyed it.

Boiling 4 min, 30 sec 2 tsp 15 OZ / 443 ML
mj

I love this one oh so much!

Cheri

I can understand why.

There is very little point to this note, because, well, it’s chamomile and lavender. It tastes just like chamomile and lavender should. I wish I could compare it to the other chamomile lavender tea I’ve tried (Traditional Medicinals? I think maybe?) but I’m all out of that, and as such I have nothing to say. But let the record show that I drank it! And it was not a horrific experience. In fact, it was quite good. :)

Chamomile makes me really drowsy so I made a whole pot of this, in the hopes of catching a bit of sleep tonight. When I opened up the bag, the dry leaf scent was very pleasant, not at all what I expected (lavender and I, we’re not really tight). When I smelled the steeped leaves, I was mortified: pure lavender extravaganza. But you know what? I’m still going to try it, because mj1851 sent this to me because she likes it, and I want to like it to.

But I don’t. This is pure lavender juice. I added about 3 tablespoons of honey before I was able to drink it. It’s not that it’s bad, it’s that I despise lavender. I’m not rating this one for obvious reasons, but I will still finish the tea, for the chamomile.

mj1851 I tried this, so now you have to try Pink Lemonade. Warm. xD

mj

Aw…I feel bad for making you try this now. I’m glad you at least liked the Killer’s Vanilla despite the lavender. I promise I will try the pink lemonade and the coffee pu-erh. Now that I have tried all the pouch and mini tin samples, I’m think I’m going to just try all the other ones in numerical order. That way I have to try those two and can’t put them off til the end :-)

I’m totally stressed about my presentation tomorrow, so naturally I’m procrastinating. Rather than work on it, I’m sipping this lovely tea from my brand new mug(!), on steepster (my new favorite procrastination tool), and I’ve started watching Firefly for the first time.
New mug:
At least I’m enjoying this calming chamomile and dreamy lavender. Whatever other teas I drink before it, I almost always have this before bed now.

Virginia

Ooooo, it’s so pretty! I’m sure your presentation will be fine. Just be confident, stop worrying and you will do great!

Butiki Teas

Pretty mug! :)

mj

Thanks for the vote of confidence, Virginia! It went fine. Those types of things are never as big a deal as I think they will be. I can’t help psyching myself out though!