Mango Lassi

Rooibos Tea
Cardamon, Mango
Edit tea info Last updated by Tea Pet

Available from 1 seller.

• “yummy tea of the afternoon... I started drawing some flowers and decided I would have this tea to accompany me, which is definitely one of my favorite rooibos tisanes. I have a date this...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2356 tasting notes
  • “Had some of this in the afternoon in between all of the bustle of getting my chinese visa, work related things and other such adventures. I'm finding myself more and more stressed out every day...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 4889 tasting notes
  • “This is so good. Upon first sip, it is a little bit earthy. In the aftertaste, and further into the mug, mango comes through. As I near the bottom of the mug, the mango has more staying power...” Read full tasting note
    tigress_al 806 tasting notes
  • “Odd, so the smell of this one steeped is absolutely screaming fresh, slightly underripe banana to me. Which is delicious, but not mango lassi. Admittedly, that's the association I'm making with the...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2245 tasting notes

From Butiki Teas

Our exotic dessert blend combines luscious mango with a touch of spice and a hint of cream. Rooibos is naturally caffeine-free and originates from South Africa. We recommend adding sugar to this rooibos. Try with our brown crystal sugar.

Ingredients: Organic Rooibos, Organic Mango Pieces, Organic Calendula, Cardamom, Natural Flavor (vegan)

Recommended Brew Time: 5 minutes
Recommended Amount: 1 1/2 teaspoons of rooibos for 8oz of water
Recommended Temperature: 210 F

For more info please visit: http://www.butikiteas.com

About Butiki Teas View company

Stacy was kind enough to send me a sample of this in my last order. Thank you!

I was a bit disappointed at first because I had a hard time tasting the mango. I really wanted mango flavoring. I even tossed in some sugar and steeped it longer to try and bring out the mango.

I then settled back to enjoy the tea, even if it wasn’t very mangoey, when it it me. The name of the tea was Mango Lassi. DUH. That’s why I wasn’t getting fresh juicy mango, which relatives used to send up to us every summer from Florida, and the skin would practically slough itself off so we could sink our teeth into the fruit. AHEM. Anyway, Lassi.

Well, now that I made that brilliant realization, this tea is totally a less-creamy version of a mango lassi. This tea is delicious. The texture is creamy, and the mango lassi flavor comes right through. And now that I’ve let it sit for a bit and the sugar saturate the tea, there’s even mango – not fresh mango flavor, but it’s mango.

Lovely.

8 min or more

This tea is one that I decided to try that is out of my usual range of teas. The smell is wonderful and smells of fruit and spices. The liquid is a dark reddish brown that smells strongly of the spices.

While I do not know of much to say about the taste of this tea, I do know that the taste is good. This might be the second roobois that I have ever drank, and this is way better that the first. The taste is sweet, perhaps from the mango, but I cannot differentiate the mango and spices well. The beauty of this tea is the strong taste. I think this would be wonderful around the holiday season.

This is the second Butiki rooibos I’ve tried and I found they both lacked flavour. When I opened the bag, I couldn’t smell any mango. I was hoping it would come out in the flavour, but all I could taste was the rooibos. I couldn’t even detect a hint of mango, but I honestly think I am an extreme “non-taster”, so maybe someone else can get more out of this tea than I can.

I was most excited for this tea when I got my Butiki order today! The flavor is well-rounded; there’s nothing artificial about it too! Love it!

This is my first tea review, so do be kind!

I tried this unsweetened, though sweetener is recommended, and liked it very much; it actually seemed to have a slight coffee note, making me think it would be a good sub in the morning; the cardamom did not hurt (but it is a favourite spice of mine).

The mango isn’t too strong at first, though it shows up a bit better once the tea has cooled just a little bit (I’m never able to resist that first, lip-burning sip) and as I drank more of the tea, though it wasn’t as mango-y as I expected until it was flat out cold (busy day). It’s a well-rounded, full-bodied tea, not as sweet as some other rooibos. Though it could certainly benefit from some sweetening, it’s fine without, and would probably be pretty yummy with a splash of cream. The second steep turned out nicely as well—I actually may have liked it a little better than the first! Overall, I liked it a great deal.

Given that I’m back to trying to get my cupboard under control, I pulled out a new tea to try last night. This one has been sitting for a little while, so it’s high time it got its chance! I followed the recommended parameters, and used 1.5tsp of leaf in boiling water. I gave it four minutes. While brewing, I can smell cream and spice, primarily.

After four minutes, the liquor was a fairly dark red-brown, so I added a splash of milk. I wasn’t quite sure what to expect from the taste, but it’s pretty much dead on mango lassi. There’s the slightly sharp creaminess of yoghurt, plenty of cardamom, and the sweet pepperiness of mango. It’s a beautifully natural flavour; subtle but not so much that it’s hard to pick out the flavours. They’re all definitely there.

I’d quite like to try this with a piece of crystal sugar, so that’s on tonight’s agenda. A cold brew could be interesting, too. A new favourite rooibos blend!

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 1 tsp

Not sure who sent me this, I moved around some things in my stash. This smells really nice. Like mangoes and spices. Perhaps it is better to have this cold, but it does taste like a lassi. Certainly has a good mango flavour.

Flavors: Cardamon, Mango

Another tea from the lovely ifjuly (she really is so lovely….) – I made a big mug of this last night while watching the 4th episode of “The Returned” (that cast is brilliant, by the way…)…
After reading on Butiki’s website that the addition of sugar is recommended, and the fact that I was looking for something a little sweeter, I decided to toss in a bit of raw sugar.
Oh, rooibos, you did this on purpose, right? You knew I wasn’t in love with you, and then you had to go and dance around with some mangos, completely changing my view.
I loved this. Absolutely loved it. Would most definitely order this. :)

boychik

i liked it iced.

Marzipan

What channel is that on, or is it online?

DeliriumsFrogs

Oh, boychik, I’m going to have to try that! I bet it’s fantastic!
Marzipan, I think it might be on the Sundance channel, but we’ve been watching it on Netflix. It’s intense at times, but the cast is amazing… It’s one of the best things I’ve seen on tv in awhile.

ifjuly

i really liked the returned too!

TTB Tea 14: I tried this one both hot and cold brewed. I like both, but I enjoy the cold brewed better. The mango comes out a little more, and the rooibos actually contributes to the flavor instead of drowning it out. The mango flavor isn’t intense, but tasty.

I received this as a free sample from Butiki Tea, thanks Stacy. I steeped this tea and then put it on ice. I enjoyed the mild flavor of this tea and enjoyed it with some German rock sugar. I think that the mango flavor could have been more pronounced, but I understand with the name Mango Lassi it was supposed to be a milder smoother mango flavor.