Citrus Dream

Edit tea info Last updated by Tea Pet
Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 12 oz / 354 ml

Available from 1 seller.

From Butiki Teas

Citrus Dream is a naturally sweet herbal and fruit blend with a chamomile base. Light notes of lemon, orange, goji berries, and apples are present with a floral finish.

Ingredients: Whole Chamomile, Organic Orange Peel, Whole Goji Berries, Diced Apple Pieces, Lemon Grass

Recommended Brew Time: 5 minutes
Recommended Amount: 1 1/2 teaspoon of Citrus Dream for 8oz of water
Recommended Temperature: 210 F

About Butiki Teas View company

This has to be one of the most soothing, relaxing teas in my cupboard; it is perfect for evening or calming down after stressful events (or just plain Mondays). Not only is it simply pretty to look at, the flavours are all very subtle without being wallflowery, so to speak. There’s a nice subtle lime note, and of course the chamomile.

What fascinates me most about this one is the sort of buttery mouthfeel—that’s the only way I can describe it. It’s not oily or anything, it’s just…Smooth. Creamy. It sort of “fills the mouth”, if that makes sense. It’s quite wonderful, a real treat, and I’ll definitely be ordering more of this one!

Flavors: Flowers

This is so much better than the other chamomille blend I tried today. Why do I have 2-3 oz of that one, and only 1/2 oz of this?

On the shopping list it goes.

This is a very soothing chamomile tea. (I’ve had it several times, and each time I feel so relaxed afterward that I completely forget to log it!) Like most chamomile blends, it steeps into a soft yellow color—a color which I think represents the flavor well. I can taste gentle notes of apple and citrus (lemon and orange, I think, but to me they kind of blend together into a general “citrus” note), along with a subtle creaminess that softens the fruit notes.

I like that all the flavors in this tea complement each other—nothing is too dominant, and I can still taste the chamomile, instead of it being covered up by other ingredients. This is a high-quality herbal tea. (Sadly, I’m almost out of it, because I keep reaching for it when I want to unwind!)

I know I wrote a review for this one before, but it has disappeared. :-(

I mostly drank this one hot. I don’t remember the details now but I do recall it being citrusy and light. I thought it would be really good iced, so I hot brewed and then refrigerated the last bit of this.

I was wrong. This is not good iced. The citrus works really well when this is hot. Cold, the chamomile comes to the fore and just totally overshadows the citrus. Cold chamomile = blegh.

EDIT: I just found this snippet of a note when I went to delete this tea from my chart: “amazing cold – sweet, citrusy, smooth, refreshing”. I must have really enjoyed this blend as an iced tea at some point. I wonder what went wrong this time? Maybe I’ll pick up a sample with my next order just to play around with. Try to solve the mystery.

Scheherazade’s Super Sipdown (Long) Weekend #13

This has to be one of the best herbal blends featuring chamomile that I’ve tried in a long time. Usually, chamomile kind of takes over the show, and it can be very sweet and cloying. I’d read good things about this one, though, which is why I requested a sample with my last Bukiti order.

First off, I can taste apple. It’s more like apple peel than acual apple, if that makes sense, like the very first taste of apple after biting through the skin. The chamomile is the second flavour, but it’s not too strong — just a gentle, sweet, honey-like flavour. It also adds a hint of floral edge. After these flavours comes a hint of orange, and the lemongrass. It’s a beautiful tea to sip on — very gentle and relaxing. I probably should have saved it for a pre-bedtime cup this evening, but I wanted to be sure I’d have time to write a note since it’s the first time I’ve tried this one. If I’m in the market for another chamomile based herbal, this is one that’ll be high on my list. I feel almost sleepy now!

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 1 tsp

Every time I order tea from Stacy, I plan on getting a sample of this one, just to try it out. But the she always tells me about these amazing teas she ‘just got’, & I end up sampling them instead. So I finally got around to getting a sample, & this is a pleasant evening cup, with the apple like quality of chamomile, & a little citrus.
sipdown!

i like this one..but my infusers don’t hahaha

Terri HarpLady

Yeah, it is true! While I was in steepster select I ended up with a collection of those paper steeping bags, which are great for blends with rooibos & other fine bits.