Apricot Guayusa

Guayusa Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Butiki Teas

• “So I've been slacking in the posting department for the past couple of days and that's likely to continue. I'm guessing i'm going to need to do some serious backlogging when I get back from...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 4046 tasting notes
  • “WOOOT! Butiki tea order! Ohh yeah! All the teas I got smell great! Very excited to Apricot Guayusa after having that tea trade sample of Tangerine Creamsicle - thats the great thing about tea...” Read full tasting note
    awkwardsoul 938 tasting notes
  • “The smell reminds me of pu'erh, not that I'm terribly experienced with them however! I think it's mostly an earthiness that I'm getting, along with a bit of fruitiness. The flavour unfortunately...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2221 tasting notes
  • “This is my first experience with guayusa - I only got a small bag of this because I wasn't sure about it but am open to new caffeinated beverages since I quit drinking coffee over a year ago due to...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2176 tasting notes

From Butiki Teas

Apricot Guayusa has a delicate apricot flavor which is enhanced by the natural sweetness and earthiness of the guayusa. Adding a little bit of sugar will bring out the apricot flavor.

Ingredients: Organic Guayusa, Organic Calendula, Natural Flavoring (vegan)

Recommended Brew Time: 6 minutes
Recommended Amount: 1 1/2 teaspoons of guayusa for 8oz of water
Recommended Temperature: 195 F

For more info, please visit: http://www.butikiteas.com

About Butiki Teas View company

Mmmmm….this tea has a mildly earthy& very light grassy base to me
and the apricot is subtle, but really enhances it.
The brown crystal sugar does give the apricot flavoring more depth.
This is something I need to order more of ASAPFYI, if you have not
yet tasted this, don’t bother with a sample…Just order …
If you like apricot, you will love this tea.

CelebriTEA

I would never have guessed it got better as it cooled :-)
Go figure…I sucked it down too fast the first time…lol…
Grinning like a donkey eating thistle the entire time.
Drinking it slightly cool really amplifies the apricot & that is sooooo GOOD!

CelebriTEA

Drinking a Twinings Chamomile with vanilla and wishing I am drinking this.
The chamomile with vanilla is not bad, mind you, but I am dreaming of
another Butiki order with AT LEAST an ounce of this in the very near future…
Butiki, I hear you calling my name ;-)

MissB

Yep, I really enjoyed this one, too. I grabbed the guayusa pack, I highly recommend it!

Apricot Guayusa! My first flavored guayusa. This is definitely better than unflavored guayusa. Nice apricot flavor. It’s not bad. I wish I had more to say about it, but it’s a fairly simple cup of tea. There’s not a lot of dimension to guayusa in my opinion. It’s a unique flavor, just not one of my favorites. It is nice every once in a while for a change of pace. Thanks to Kittenna for the chance to try another Butiki creation!

Kittenna

Not my favourite. I definitely recommend you try Good Morning Sunshine and/or Killer’s Vanilla! Or Tangerine Creamsicle. They’re all far, far better IMO!

CHAroma

I have heard a lot of good things about Good Morning Sunshine.

One of the best flavored guayusa’s I have had! I LOVE Apricot and this is PERFECTLY Flavored! WOW! Awesome!

ScottTeaMan

Bliss……I noticed lately you’ve had several reviews from Butiki Teas. Since they are a fairly new company, what is your overall impression of the company—teas, customer service, etc.? Thanks!

TeaEqualsBliss

I LOVE basically EVERYTHING about Butiiki…the tea quality, the thoughfulness behind the blends, Stacy is wonderful and her customer service is top notch! He NATURAL INGREDIENTS, and many vegan offerings to traditionally-non-vegan ingredients (in those said ingredients). Yeah…I’m a FAN!!!!

This is my first experience with Guayusa, thanks to JustJames for sending me this in our recent swap.

I don’t normally read tasting notes before I drink my tea, but I was curious about what others thought of guayusa before I tried it because I’ve only recently heard of it. It seems like there are a lot of people on the fence about the taste, but I ended up really enjoying it. I love the way the subtle sweet apricot flavor works with the earthy taste of the guayusa. It is a genuine apricot flavor too, something that I’ve found is very difficult to find in a tea. I could see myself drinking a lot of this especially on the mornings when I’m dragging. The only problem is that after only a few sips it triggered a severe migraine, which is a shame, because I really loved the flavor and could see myself drinking this a lot. I’ll have to try it again another day and see what happens.

Butiki Teas

Oh no, sorry to hear about the guayusa triggering your migrane. I heard that from one other person as well. Is that from the caffeine content?

Short Sorceress

Caffeine isn’t normally a trigger for me, so I’m not really sure.

Butiki Teas

Huh, I wonder what it is then. Sorry to hear about the migraine though. I had one today myself (from the weird weather changes), so I know how brutal they can be.

Yum! This is really good. The smell of the dry leaf smelled like a sweet apricot and hoped that brewed it would taste just as good, and it does! I also love how the subtle spice of the guayusa works with the apricot. Really delicious way to wake up this morning. Thanks for creating this one Stacy!

I had a cup of this before and didn’t review it as I got caught up in things. I know I liked it at the time. This is my second and last cup from MissB’s sample. This tea brews up so dark and has an earthy flavour a bit like pu’erh but milder than pu-erh. I do taste the flavour that’s supposed to be apricot but I don’t know if it’s an apricot flavour to me. It’s very subtle. I am enjoying this cup of tea but not enough to want to buy it.

As the tea cools down I am tasting the apricot more. Definitely much better as it cools so I’m bumping up my rating.

MissB

Ah, glad you were able to knock one off the list. :)

Ubacat

Still got lots to go through! lol

My first experience with Guayusa. I love it. I love anything Apricot and this has such a nice, true to fruit flavor. I think I’m digging Guayusa over Yerba Mate..it has a less abrupt herbal note, is sweeter with little after taste. Thank you Stacey for sending me this sample I will definitely order it next time.