Cantaloupe & Cream

Cream, Grass, Melon, Brown Sugar
Edit tea info Last updated by Tea Pet

Available from 1 seller.

From Butiki Teas

The sweet cream notes of our Organic Bai Mu Dan compliment the cantaloupe and cream notes. This tea starts with vegetal and floral notes that quickly develop into mouth watering cantaloupe and cream notes. Try with our Brown Crystal Sugar for a sweet dessert treat.

Ingredients: Organic Bai Mu Dan, Organic Helichrysum Flowers, Natural Flavors (vegan)

Recommended Brew Time: 3 minutes 30 seconds
Recommended Amount: 1 1/2 teaspoons of tea for 8oz of water
Recommended Temperature: 180 F

For more information, please visit: http://www.butikiteas.com

About Butiki Teas View company

As soon as I received a sample of this tea, I knew I was in the presence of tea royalty. It looked beautiful and inviting, just sitting there in its little plastic bag, waiting to be scooped into my infuser.

I wasn’t disappointed when I brewed it. The light, pleasant scent of cantaloupe filled my nostrils, and when I took my first sip, I was in heaven!

I don’t know how they did it, but Butiki has actually blended a tea that melts in your mouth! I added nothing to this tea, but its mouthfeel had a heavy, creamy quality to it. And it tasted just like cantaloupe. I couldn’t taste the base tea at all.

I was legitimately sad to finish this cup. Good on you, Butiki!

My first Butiki package arrived today and this one was the one I choose to be initiated into Butiki. I am not disappointed at all, quite the contrary!

I brewed it according to the instructions in the package and the flavor is superb. Really it is Cantaloupe and cream that you are tasting. I did not added any sugar and even so it is sweet, rich and plain delicious. I am looking forward to trying all the rest of my Butiki first batch, there will be more to come, I am sure of that!

Alright even though white tea has some caffeine in it, I figured it has the least of all the new teas I got and I couldn’t wait to try something :)
So delicious!!! No wonder why everyone raves about it!
Amazing cantaloupe smell and taste which is not overpowering with just the right amount of creaminess! A really nice flavoured white tea mix. What else can I say? Everyone else has said it already…and I better get dinner made!
Oh and I brewed it according to the instructions approx 180F water for 3 1/2 mins.

This is ridiculously delicious, and I’m not normally as into whites or greens as strong black teas. The dry leaves smell very strongly of melon, and it’s wonderful; I just wanted to hover at the kitchen counter smelling them, ha. As a visual bonus, the flowers in the blend are really beautiful and vibrant. Brewed I actually taste honeydew melon as much as cantaloupe—and for me that is brilliant news, because I vastly prefer honeydew! It has that flowery quality good ripe melons have, but it’s also still refreshing and not too too sweet, like a good honeydew. Good and refreshing without, but the tiniest pinch of sugar—just a few granules!—makes it really sing; you get the full heady “ripe fruit” experience. The silky creamy mouthfeel comes in at the end, which is a wonderful surprise. It resteeps OK, not amazing but not bad either (not as good as the first go-round, but drinkable). It’s also strangely delicious cold, which makes me wonder about iced tea possibilities this summer (would be great because melon cocktails would be lovely but I dislike all of the melon liqueurs currently on the market for tasting too sweet and fake).

I love this; I’m pretty certain it is now my favorite, go-to white. Awesome afternoon/pre-dinner tea. Even my husband, who is not a tea drinker, likes it—he stole my last cup from me when he thought he’d just give it a taste out of curiosity, ha.

Wow. Seriously.
I received my first order from Butiki Teas on Friday, and I couldn’t wait to give this one a try.
First off, the dry loose tea smells absolutely intoxicating. There is no fake cantaloupe flavor at all- only a true fruit smell. I promptly brewed up some this morning and was amazed. Not only is it a gorgeous tea while it’s steeping, but it smells fantastic.
And the flavor? Incredible. Again, I kept expecting a fake fruit flavor, but there was only a true cantaloupe taste. And I’m not even a huge fan of cantaloupe, but I loved it. There’s also a creaminess that’s hard to describe – definite vanilla notes though that really enhance the melon flavor. Finally, there is a slight “leafy” taste to the tea that adds a natural edge to it. It’s amazing how layered the flavors are in this tea.
This was my first try of a Butiki tea and I can’t wait for moroe!!

Stacy from Butiki nicely added this one as a sample in my recent order, and I’m very excited to try it out!
First off, the dry smell. It smells like a buttery cream, with a nice hint of fresh cantaloupe in it. Yum!
Once brewed, the cantaloupe smell increased, with the cream/butter scent now occupying the background. Smells wonderful
Now for the best part!
Oh my STARS! The taste…wow. The cantaloupe is the first taste I’m getting, followed by a buttery/milky taste. Neither of these is overpowering in the least, and they mesh together in a way I never would’ve thought they could. The cantaloupe is probably the closest to the real thing I have ever tasted in tea form, and it’s light and fresh. The “cream” portion of the tea is just as wonderful, and makes the mouthfeel on this one super amazing; nice and smooth. Not cloying in the least, this may be one to keep in mind for future orders.
Note:
I didn’t add sugar this time around, and for me I don’t think it really needs it. I like the flavor profile just where it is. Thumbs up, Stacy!

My first ever tea review.. let’s see how this goes.

This tea is definitely beautiful to look at and has a luxurious fragrance. It definitely builds anticipation coming out of the bag. I think I used about the recommended proportions — 1.5 tsp per 250 ml of water.. but I might have added a little extra to make sure I didn’t miss any of the flavour.

The taste of this tea.. wow.. the first word that comes to mind is juicy! I didn’t know tea could taste like this! Definitely a distinct melon note, and a soft sweet creaminess. It leaves my mouth watering and my mind drifting to eating muskmelon from the farmer’s market in August.

Second steep has subtler flavours. I may have lost the cream note but melon is still present.

Overall, very excited by this tea! Glad I ordered a full ounce :)

This tea is soooo good. I already have 3 steeps in my little teapot and it tastes just as good each time.

One of the best teas money can buy !

This tea has a very nice cantaloupe aroma, not overpowering. Nice balance with the Bai Mu Dan! Any tea enthusiast should try this asap!

This tea is light and delicious. The cantaloupe flavor is delicate and tastes like fresh melon. I’m not typically a white tea fan but this tea is changing my mind. I’ve had 4 cups of this so far tonight!